00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coolgamer2000s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

133,369 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-15 18:04:57

At 12/15/04 05:19 PM, Svare wrote: umm hey, i lost my premium access, when my name got changed,so could u guys vot e for me?
http://www.retrogade.com/photo...srchtype=artist&term=Svare

i would but im having more login issues :(
anyways, i noticed how you guys have lil thumbnails of the work as 50x50 pixel icons for some works, like those on the front page and in some peoples profiles like Svare's previous link.

am i allowed to upload my own or whatever, or is it only for the criticaly aclaimed flash?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-19 11:22:21

hey ive been a member for some time jsut wanted to let everyone know...

CLICK MY SIG!

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-28 00:43:03

fucking shit is down again.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-28 05:47:42

At 12/28/04 12:43 AM, DarkBishop wrote: fucking shit is down again.

It does that from time to time just try giving it a 5 min rest and starting on a new browser, like open a new one or refresh your browser... something like that...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-28 10:02:18

At 12/28/04 05:51 AM, Quisty wrote: and you just need to wait 5 minutes, and it should be fine.

Hell, not even 5 minutes in most cases. Just click the refresh button and it is usually ready to go then. Anyway, I think I'm gonna be level 15 in about 2 or 3 days soon. Just wanted to fill out my post more, lol.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-28 10:10:26

I am RG's biggest friend

SANDERAIL!

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-29 19:30:17

In regard to the database problems: If it isn't one thing, it's another. I moved RG to this new host to get the bandwidth we so desperately needed, and it turns out their DB server sucks ass. Hey, believe me, we needed the move, or RG would shut down half the month, every month. But, this is what you get for $6.99/mo hosting. If you'd like to see a more reliable Retrogade, click our ads. The first $41.70 from that ad revenue is going to me, to make up for the six months of hosting that I paid for from my pocket. After that, we're saving money towards a new host in June or July. The more you click, the better RG will be.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-29 19:35:21

At 12/29/04 07:30 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: The more you click, the better RG will be.

I haven't been keeping a running tally, but I would bet a good amount of that is from me. I click the add on every page after every refresh or whatever. I think it really adds up, even those 2 cent ads.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-29 19:43:24

At 12/29/04 07:35 PM, QuikFox wrote: I haven't been keeping a running tally, but I would bet a good amount of that is from me. I click the add on every page after every refresh or whatever. I think it really adds up, even those 2 cent ads.

copy the link of the ad and email it to some people. ask them to click the link and pass it on to everyone on their list. it should be much better, in case it works. after all, everybody loves chain mails.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-29 19:54:44

At 12/29/04 07:43 PM, iamnone wrote: everybody loves chain mails.

LMAO. Yeah, because I don't filter those e-mails into the same folder that I filter e-mails I get with the text "Your a faggot" in them. Which seems to be filling quite fast right now for some reason.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-29 20:05:56

At 12/29/04 07:54 PM, QuikFox wrote:
At 12/29/04 07:43 PM, iamnone wrote: everybody loves chain mails.
LMAO. Yeah, because I don't filter those e-mails into the same folder that I filter e-mails I get with the text "Your a faggot" in them. Which seems to be filling quite fast right now for some reason.

always knew you save those emails ("you're a faggot" ones).
so, are you one of those tools who actually listens to whatever is writen in the email and pass it on or just ignore them and delete them?

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-29 20:11:22

At 12/29/04 08:05 PM, iamnone wrote: so, are you one of those tools who actually listens to whatever is writen in the email and pass it on or just ignore them and delete them?

I always read them of course. Then, I post in on forums that I go to all the time. I never listen to them, because they usually tell me to go suck a dick or something, and that, my good friend, would be cheating on my fiance.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2004-12-29 20:18:31

At 12/29/04 08:11 PM, QuikFox wrote: I never listen to them, because they usually tell me to go suck a dick or something, and that.

what about the "send it to 100 people and you'll be lucky this year!" and all that brainwash that causes spam? i can't believe some people can be that dumb and listen to someone else's bullshit.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 18:50:18

Attention Retrogade Users

Looks like z555 has finally listened. RG is temporarily down, while they are supposed to be moving us to a new server. At least, I hope that's why it's "suspended", and not because of the not-so-nice error messages I've been using ;-). RG should be back up and running in a day or two (I hope...)

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 18:54:41

At 1/2/05 06:50 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Looks like z555 has finally listened. RG is temporarily down,

oddly, i really hope it's a temporary down (because usually, i wouldn't care). rg has finally become fun, or at least not as boring as it used to be.
also, great timing. i was about to submit a new thing with my main account. guess i'm going to have to wait with that.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 18:58:44

Well alright, I was hoping that they didn't get pissed off due to those email, cause I sent my own before I sent one of the premade ones and I thought that they might have been pissed and just cut off serviece. Hopefully they are just fixing the problem like you said ShittyKitty. I will keep looking to see what shape the site is in.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:03:00

At 1/2/05 06:58 PM, Onic51346 wrote: Well alright, I was hoping that they didn't get pissed off due to those email,

Hahaha, Honastly i think thats what happened. They got pissed at our emails, and they shut Bedn down lol, that would suck horribly though.

At 12/29/04 07:30 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: $41.70 from that ad revenue is going to me, to make up for the six months of hosting that I paid for from my pocket.

Hey Kitty, how much did you guys recieve so far? I've been clicking, but I'm not sure if i should keep it open for longer then 3 seconds lol.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:05:10

At 1/2/05 06:50 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Attention Retrogade Users

Looks like z555 has finally listened. RG is temporarily down, while they are supposed to be moving us to a new server. At least, I hope that's why it's "suspended", and not because of the not-so-nice error messages I've been using ;-). RG should be back up and running in a day or two (I hope...)

Heh. They have most likely suspended Retrogade because of the hate mail and the funny 'not-so-nice' error message.

Suspend: To bar for a period from a privilege, office, or position, usually as a punishment: suspend a student from school.
To cause to stop for a period; interrupt: suspended the trial.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:09:14

At 1/2/05 06:54 PM, Otiose wrote: also, great timing. i was about to submit a new thing with my main account. guess i'm going to have to wait with that.

Hey, blame those jackasses down at z555. They surprised me with this move. ;-)

At 1/2/05 07:03 PM, -Rocketman- wrote: Hey Kitty, how much did you guys recieve so far? I've been clicking, but I'm not sure if i should keep it open for longer then 3 seconds lol.

We've made $5.49 through Google AdSense (BBS topic ads), and either $4.27 or $9.62 through clixGalore. I don't know why I've got two very different numbers; I'm afraid the bigger one might include some empty accounts that won't pay out. So, we've gotten $9.76 so far.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:11:27

At 1/2/05 07:05 PM, -WhiteFang- wrote: Suspend: To bar for a period from a privilege, office, or position, usually as a punishment: suspend a student from school.
To cause to stop for a period; interrupt: suspended the trial.

Ah, but look at the second definition: to cause to stop for a period; interrupt. What better way to keep people from visiting the site while they move it to the new server, than to temporarily suspend the account?

</wishful thinking>

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:13:06

At 1/2/05 07:09 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: We've made $5.49 through Google AdSense (BBS topic ads), and either $4.27 or $9.62 through clixGalore. I don't know why I've got two very different numbers; I'm afraid the bigger one might include some empty accounts that won't pay out. So, we've gotten $9.76 so far.

That's not to shabby considering that the most i seen that does a payout is 5 cents haha. I'll keep clicking them, and hopfully if i really get bored sometime, i just sit there for an hour just clicking away lol.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:15:12

At 1/2/05 07:09 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Hey, blame those jackasses down at z555. They surprised me with this move. ;-)

i didn't say it's your fault, did i.
seriously though, they totaly suck at handling the servers. i've had a decent ammount of errors in the past three days because of that. it's not really fun with the errors and everything they cause.

words

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:16:39

Ah, but look at the second definition: to cause to stop for a period; interrupt. What better way to keep people from visiting the site while they move it to the new server, than to temporarily suspend the account?

</wishful thinking>

Damn. You are way too good for me, SK.

I suppose i should keep my fingers crossed, and like QF said, i keep clicking those ads. I remember yesterday afternoon i spent half an hour, in complete bordem, clicking the ad links for half an hour....0_0

Anyway, SK, did you get my E-mail, with the 'user database' banner/title sig? Didn't hear from you...

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:20:46

At 1/2/05 07:16 PM, -WhiteFang- wrote: Anyway, SK, did you get my E-mail, with the 'user database' banner/title sig? Didn't hear from you...

Sorry about that. Well, I'd have to test the banner in the page to see how it looks (which I can't do at the moment), but there's a potential problem: you used Chrom's pirate. I don't think we're allowed to use it anymore, and if we're using it in other places, I'm not sure why we haven't removed them.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:34:22

At 1/2/05 07:13 PM, -Rocketman- wrote:
At 1/2/05 07:09 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: We've made $5.49 through Google AdSense (BBS topic ads), and either $4.27 or $9.62 through clixGalore. I don't know why I've got two very different numbers; I'm afraid the bigger one might include some empty accounts that won't pay out. So, we've gotten $9.76 so far.
That's not to shabby considering that the most i seen that does a payout is 5 cents haha. I'll keep clicking them, and hopfully if i really get bored sometime, i just sit there for an hour just clicking away lol.

yea, i went to do my usual clicking only to discover the finance troubles were graver than i had suspected, haveing the site been suspended and all.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:39:43

Sorry about that. Well, I'd have to test the banner in the page to see how it looks (which I can't do at the moment), but there's a potential problem: you used Chrom's pirate. I don't think we're allowed to use it anymore, and if we're using it in other places, I'm not sure why we haven't removed them.

Ah, yeah i heard about the little rumble with Chromius and what-not. Personaly, if i my characters and art was used around a good site, i would be delighted and honoured to have my work displayed as such. meh, many artists DO have there own accourds.

I could get rid of the pirate if you like?...or i could just from scratch lol.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:57:01

At 1/2/05 07:39 PM, -WhiteFang- wrote: I could get rid of the pirate if you like?...or i could just from scratch lol.

To be honest, we really need another pirate, for use as a mascot. We've already got the pirate theme going on...

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:59:06

To be honest, we really need another pirate, for use as a mascot. We've already got the pirate theme going on...

I have the perfect idea.

When and if RG comes online again, start a competition in the Portal for 'Pirates'. The chosen maker of the mascot gets 5,000 RG cash in reward.

And, because I made up the simple idea, i get 1,000. ;) :P

Hehehehe.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 19:59:15

I click the ads sometimes....

not on a daily basis, because i get spyware and adware somehow... must be frmo a different site but im pretty sure its from the banners...

meh. 1/5 of my accounts got deleted lol shittykitty do you know why jamie_mcguire got deleted?

i dont mind i still have 4/5 on the highscores for money and 2 for experience :-D just would like an explenation and all

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2005-01-02 20:15:16

At 1/2/05 07:57 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At 1/2/05 07:39 PM, -WhiteFang- wrote: I could get rid of the pirate if you like?...or i could just from scratch lol.

i would totaly make some pirate shit for you guys

BBS Signature