00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,989,315 Views | 60,654 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-04 21:05:22

At 12/4/05 09:02 PM, AnzRage wrote: Who here are my slaves? For I am the General.

That would be me, SIR! Welcome to the Barracks. It is quite an honor to have you here. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-04 21:14:23

At 12/4/05 09:02 PM, AnzRage wrote: Who here are my slaves? For I am the General.

That would be me also. I am at your command.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-04 21:17:40

At 12/4/05 08:52 PM, psykolord wrote: You guys were right about how easy it is to change. I just checked, and over the past couple days I've gotten at least 100 B/Ps. Thank you, sirs! *salutes*

Excellent work, Corporal! That's the spirit that got you this far...glad to see you back!

*salutes*

Welcome to the Barracks, General, SIR! I hope you find the Barracks to your liking!

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-04 21:24:03

sir
I must ask you, you have been inactive for b/ping for at least a week and I dont understand yesterday you just let Xiivi pass you why dont you try to stay in the top 50? or even try to be among the first 50 to be EGSC?

someone bribe you?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-04 23:30:20

*Checks* nope, still a police seargeant. Darn... can I still post from time to time, just to update you guys on how my blam and protects are going.

I was working on getting my post count up there for a while, but now I plan on atleast getting 1000 collective B/P.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-04 23:43:57

At 12/4/05 11:30 PM, -TheFaces- wrote: *Checks* nope, still a police seargeant. Darn... can I still post from time to time, just to update you guys on how my blam and protects are going.

I was working on getting my post count up there for a while, but now I plan on atleast getting 1000 collective B/P.

Police Sergeant, you are of course welcome here! Please note that the Barracks have an open-door policy, which allows anyone with interest enough to be here to join us in our discussions. As a Police Sergeant, you are a protector of the Portal, and our friend. Please feel free at any time to come to the Barracks and join us. However, you might also find the NGPD Headquarters to your liking as well. Officer DarthMalentus has created Headquarters specifically for people like you. Keep in mind the NGPD are our allies, and we are good friends with those in the Headquarters. You will find me dropping by from time to time as well.

Anyway, check out the HQ and see if it is to your liking, and always feel free to come back here if you want. We look forward to the day when we can call you our colleague, so get out on that Portal and prove yourself worthy of the ranking of the Elite Guard!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 01:48:30

At 12/4/05 02:13 PM, EagleRock wrote: Definately true, Sergeant Major, sir. I voted almost every MD flash that was out there a 5. However, there were the impostors, like you said, who promptly got blammed!

Uh, sir, i didn't say that. Psykolord did.

However, i made some calculations about my b/p per day, just like he did. I found out that i have a pace of 16.35 points per day, though i might add that i was inactive for four months once, before i started doing this. So, if i subtracts 4 months off my calculation (about 120 days) i'll have a pace of 21.68.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 04:19:13

At 12/3/05 12:30 PM, the_phantom16 wrote: I just Reached Elite Guard Master Sergeant. The last of the silver ranks. I’m about 2-3 days behind on my schedule of b/p but still doing well. I’d like to thank all good and bad flash movies that made this possible…

Congratulations SIR! *salutes*

I intend to reach that same rank this week, and achieve the milestone of 5,000 Blams also. I did manage to beat you to the 2,000 saves mark, which I put up on Friday.

At 12/3/05 04:04 PM, major_punk wrote: 11.) Coop83 6870 Elite Guard Master Sergeant

Well, this is probably about as high as I will ever get on this list, as the more people turn up at the barracks, the more likely I am to fall back down to my top 350 slot, which I currently occupy.

My points per day has recently taken a shot in the arm, as there seems to be a much wider scope for me to get points at three key points in the day: 0850-0900 (now, just before work starts); 1300-1400 (lunch) and 1900-2300 (when I can relax at home)

Hopefully, this will be reflected in the rank I achieve

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 04:31:00

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 06:08:51

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words it is nice, but i think nomater what badge we may have we are in it for the long run to bring quality to the portal, if i would make a suggestion it would be if we want to help the artists in another way is that if we review there work lets try and point out some areas of that flash or game that they could improve on, even the littlest thing may inspire the artist to put abit more effort on there next work...

At 12/5/05 04:31 AM, Frostbreath wrote: Seems like we will have another one of those days.

Ha i have only seen one sofar i dont know if it will be as big as the other "Day" days. but we will see...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 06:25:34

At 12/5/05 04:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: I intend to reach that same rank this week, and achieve the milestone of 5,000 Blams also. I did manage to beat you to the 2,000 saves mark, which I put up on Friday.

Sir! My dark aura is not in vain. I prefer to protect the portal sending the damned to hell than to help the good enter. No matter, soon I will cross that milestone as well Coop BTW: for some unknown reason I always liked that name... Good luck Sir! *salute*

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 08:11:44

At 12/5/05 06:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Thanks to everyone for all the kind words it is nice, but i think nomater what badge we may have we are in it for the long run to bring quality to the portal, if i would make a suggestion it would be if we want to help the artists in another way is that if we review there work lets try and point out some areas of that flash or game that they could improve on, even the littlest thing may inspire the artist to put abit more effort on there next work...

A noble point made by the reviewer-god, General X. I try to review, but some flashes which have been posted witout ANY thought whatsoever, I feel such flashes are beneath me when it comes to reviews.

I really should review more.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 09:34:04

At 12/5/05 01:48 AM, Frostbreath wrote:
At 12/4/05 02:13 PM, EagleRock wrote: Definately true, Sergeant Major, sir. I voted almost every MD flash that was out there a 5. However, there were the impostors, like you said, who promptly got blammed!
Uh, sir, i didn't say that. Psykolord did.

My mistake, sir.

At 12/5/05 04:19 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/3/05 04:04 PM, major_punk wrote: 11.) Coop83 6870 Elite Guard Master Sergeant
Well, this is probably about as high as I will ever get on this list, as the more people turn up at the barracks, the more likely I am to fall back down to my top 350 slot, which I currently occupy.

My points per day has recently taken a shot in the arm, as there seems to be a much wider scope for me to get points at three key points in the day: 0850-0900 (now, just before work starts); 1300-1400 (lunch) and 1900-2300 (when I can relax at home)

Hopefully, this will be reflected in the rank I achieve

Well, sir, I wish you good luck in advancing. I'm sure you will overcome your disadvantages and get on the ball!

At 12/5/05 04:31 AM, Frostbreath wrote: Seems like we will have another one of those days.

How fun :D

Oh boy. Thank you, Sergeant Major, sir, for you excellent intel ops. I thought the Elite Guard could be off alert for a day or two, but I guess not. To the Portal, soldiers!

At 12/5/05 06:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Thanks to everyone for all the kind words it is nice, but i think nomater what badge we may have we are in it for the long run to bring quality to the portal, if i would make a suggestion it would be if we want to help the artists in another way is that if we review there work lets try and point out some areas of that flash or game that they could improve on, even the littlest thing may inspire the artist to put abit more effort on there next work...

Sir, you always manage to speak on terms that are not only wise, but motivational. I wish you to reconsider the position I petitioned for you earlier, as you are definately an asset here. If you feel that position does not reflect what you do here (I was having word trouble and couldn't think of a better position name), then please alert me as to what position name you would like to take.

Thank you, SIR!

At 12/5/05 08:11 AM, Coop83 wrote: A noble point made by the reviewer-god, General X. I try to review, but some flashes which have been posted witout ANY thought whatsoever, I feel such flashes are beneath me when it comes to reviews.

I really should review more.

As always, like I said, he has made impacts here yet again. I believe in giving critiques and good reviews myself, as I feel it helps the portal in the long run. I always believed in reviewing (as it was my main reason for signing up), but I have been reviewing less, recently. I will steady my resolve to review and take up our General's advice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 09:45:20

At 12/4/05 05:27 PM, EagleRock wrote: I await your reply, General, SIR!

I must have missed this, i gladly accept....

Feel free to e-mail me at anytime with any detailed info on what is expected and such xwaynecoltx@yahoo.com

As for other ranks why not let us hear from other soldiers and ranking officers on what would make some good special duties?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 11:01:06

At 12/4/05 02:32 PM, EagleRock wrote: Hello again, soldiers. I hope you forgive my double-post

That's not a problem sir. Looks like you hit the post limit there and also, there's no edit button, so I can easily forgive you.

At 12/4/05 06:16 PM, milinko959 wrote: Sir! Milinko959 reporting for duty. I was just promoted to Corporal five minutes ago.

Well done, sir. And welcome. *salutes* And welcome to anyone else who joined such as AnzRage. I'm a little excited with my new level up at the moment. :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 11:58:27

Just an idea but maybe we should have a panel of leaders, and they would vote on different matters and such?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 12:37:57

At 12/5/05 09:45 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/4/05 05:27 PM, EagleRock wrote: I await your reply, General, SIR!
I must have missed this, i gladly accept....

Feel free to e-mail me at anytime with any detailed info on what is expected and such xwaynecoltx@yahoo.com

*salutes* Thank you, SIR! Your input here will forever be valued!

As far as any duties, sir, they are really simple: simply encourage and assist others in advancement through motivation and guidance, like you have already. You can also encourage the use of reviews in soldiers' everyday duties. As a long-term motivator and role-model to the Elite Guard, your service will prove very valuable in the end, sir.

As for other ranks why not let us hear from other soldiers and ranking officers on what would make some good special duties?

~X~

Excellent idea, sir. To make it easier for everyone else, here are the positions that have already been created:

Current Positions Held (in order of delegation):
Chief Barracks Officer - Staff Sergeant EagleRock
Barracks Records Officer - Master Sergeant major_punk
Barracks Portal Operations Officer - Brigadier General TITROTU
Barracks Advancement officer - General XwaynecoldX

Here are some positions I feel would benefit the Barracks:
Barracks NGPD Laison - Anyone recently graduated from NGPD HQ that wishes to operate in both locations and foster NGPD Relations
Barracks Relations Officer - Officer in charge of relations with other locations, like the NGPD HQ and NG Mafia
Barracks Intelligence Operations Officer - Officer in charge of gaining intelligence on specific locations or targets (via targetted recon ops)
Barracks Reconaissance Operations Officer - Officer in charge of facilitation recon ops around the BBS. Performs everyday checks and scouts for sensitive material

These are merely suggested positions. However, anyone that has ideas, like General XwaynecoltX said, can gladly post them.

At 12/5/05 11:01 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 12/4/05 02:32 PM, EagleRock wrote: Hello again, soldiers. I hope you forgive my double-post
That's not a problem sir. Looks like you hit the post limit there and also, there's no edit button, so I can easily forgive you.

Thank you, sir. My problem is I start commenting to everyone while I am performing other tasks around the Barracks, and by the time I am finished, three more people have commented here! Oh, well. Thank you for your understanding, sir. It is greatly appreciated.

At 12/5/05 11:58 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Just an idea but maybe we should have a panel of leaders, and they would vote on different matters and such?

~X~

Respectfully, sir, I do not feel that is necessary, as I feel the Elite Guard is disciplined enough to not require voting or authoritative decisions as such. However, if is necessary, the Barracks Officers could deliberate on the issue until a consensus (or close to one) is arrived.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 12:40:36

At 12/5/05 06:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ha i have only seen one sofar i dont know if it will be as big as the other "Day" days. but we will see...

The ones i've whitnessed is way beyond crappy. I haven't seen a single one that hasn't got blue score yet!

At 12/5/05 09:34 AM, EagleRock wrote: My mistake, sir.

Don't mention it.

Oh boy. Thank you, Sergeant Major, sir, for you excellent intel ops. I thought the Elite Guard could be off alert for a day or two, but I guess not. To the Portal, soldiers!

You're welcome. I don't think we need to do too much work, as the submissions clearly shows a very high standard. It wouldn't surprise me if they all got the daily prizes that are avaliable. Still, i'll welcome all the protection points i can get.

And it is to might great delight to say that i've risen amongst the ranks. I am now officially an Elite Guard Praporshchik!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 13:16:24

At 12/5/05 12:40 PM, Frostbreath wrote:
At 12/5/05 06:08 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Ha i have only seen one sofar i dont know if it will be as big as the other "Day" days. but we will see...
The ones i've whitnessed is way beyond crappy. I haven't seen a single one that hasn't got blue score yet!
You're welcome. I don't think we need to do too much work, as the submissions clearly shows a very high standard. It wouldn't surprise me if they all got the daily prizes that are avaliable. Still, i'll welcome all the protection points i can get.

Most of them are, sir. That is definately true. I do notice some are of a substandard quality, but it is unlike any other day.

And it is to might great delight to say that i've risen amongst the ranks. I am now officially an Elite Guard Praporshchik!

Congratulations, Praporshchik FrostBreath! Your warrant officership will undoubtedly go noticed by the Generals here, which should give you great opportunities for advancement! I wish you luck in your new position, sir!

*salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 13:20:34

At 12/5/05 12:40 PM, Frostbreath wrote: And it is to might great delight to say that i've risen amongst the ranks. I am now officially an Elite Guard Praporshchik!

Well done on getting a new rank, sir. Nice to see you getting the EG gold ranks. I was very happy when I got Praporshchik, but I didn't like the name of that badge. <_<

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 14:01:12

At 12/5/05 01:20 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: Well done on getting a new rank, sir. Nice to see you getting the EG gold ranks. I was very happy when I got Praporshchik, but I didn't like the name of that badge. <_<

Sir! Praporshcik in the Russian army meant the superior of regular soldiers but weakest among commanders just as NG decided to blend it there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 15:07:18

At 12/5/05 02:01 PM, the_phantom16 wrote:
At 12/5/05 01:20 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: Well done on getting a new rank, sir. Nice to see you getting the EG gold ranks. I was very happy when I got Praporshchik, but I didn't like the name of that badge. <_<
Sir! Praporshcik in the Russian army meant the superior of regular soldiers but weakest among commanders just as NG decided to blend it there.

Excellent point, Sergeant Major, sir. With your new rank, Praporshchik, sir, are are indeed a Warrant Officer. In essence, you're a "Non-Commissioned Commissioned Officer," putting you in the middle of the ranks, as Sergeant Major the_phantom16 said. The only reason I can assume that it is called Praporshchik instead of Warrant Officer is that Praporshchik sounds so much cooler, sir. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 15:26:20

At 12/5/05 03:07 PM, EagleRock wrote: The only reason I can assume that it is called Praporshchik instead of Warrant Officer is that Praporshchik sounds so much cooler, sir. :-)

Also NG likes to use phrases that are unique. "Deity", "Praporshchik" are some of those...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-05 23:48:07

Private First Class WorldOutkast reporting for duty. Hope I'm not late in joining.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-06 00:13:58

At 12/5/05 11:48 PM, WorldOutkast wrote: Private First Class WorldOutkast reporting for duty. Hope I'm not late in joining.

Nonsense, soldier! Everyone is welcome here at the Barracks. Welcome aboard. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-06 00:25:01

What amazes me is that I am actually having a faster pace than my average during the exam week. :P It feels good to do well on my exams and NG. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-06 00:42:37

At 12/6/05 12:13 AM, TITROTU wrote:
At 12/5/05 11:48 PM, WorldOutkast wrote: Private First Class WorldOutkast reporting for duty. Hope I'm not late in joining.
Nonsense, soldier! Everyone is welcome here at the Barracks. Welcome aboard. :)

Thank you, sir!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-06 01:29:30

Why, of course not, PFC! You are indeed welcome to the Barracks, as you earned the ability to call this place your home! Enjoy the Barracks, soldier!

At 12/6/05 12:25 AM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: What amazes me is that I am actually having a faster pace than my average during the exam week. :P It feels good to do well on my exams and NG. :)

I assume you are talking about military training, Second Lieutenant, sir. I also find that when I have duties that are not Portal-related, I can often tackle more on the Portal than I would otherwise. For instance, during an 8-hours Saturday class off-Portal, I was still able to eradicate and protect 150 entrants of the Portal. It just seems to work its way out like that, sir. The more you give, the more you get!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-06 01:41:01

At 12/5/05 01:16 PM, EagleRock wrote: Congratulations, Praporshchik FrostBreath! Your warrant officership will undoubtedly go noticed by the Generals here, which should give you great opportunities for advancement! I wish you luck in your new position, sir!

Oh, thank you kindly, honoured topic founder. I find myself working with refueled powers that you get when you pass a rank.

Are you kidding, it's the coolest of them all. None other of the ranks are so hard to spell.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2005-12-06 03:32:24

Sir! We are glad to have you among the forces. Now to defend the portal Private First Class. Sir! *Salute*

BBS Signature