00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Monkt420 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

288,251 Views | 4,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-01 12:21:06

At 4/29/23 04:17 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/19/23 04:11 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/18/23 09:07 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 4/17/23 06:47 AM, Pingu wrote: At 4/17/23 09:02 PM, orangebomb wrote: ABB (Anyone but Boston)
Florida needs to get in there
Ehh... Don't count on it. Florida this year is a far cry from last year's team, and even they faltered badly in the second round. At the very least though, they aren't as disgraceful as Toronto is. It honestly makes me wonder how and why Toronto keeps finding ways to embarrass themselves in spite of their supposed overwhelming potential.
I was mistaken on Florida. They pushed Boston to a Game 7, and has arguably outplayed them throughout much of the series. IDK if the Bruins were sleepwalking all this time, or if they are really overrated and played way over their heads until now.

I do think that Boston will win this series, but I expect Toronto/Tampa Bay series winner to beat Boston in the next round.

Shows what I know. Boston lost in the first round and made themselves look like clowns in the process.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and stuff, but I always knew that the Bruins were overrated from the start, when they had aging players play way over their heads throughout the season and hardly faced adversity until now.

(Also, the Boston Bruins has always been the most overrated franchise in NHL history, only winning the Stanley Cup once in over fifty years in 2011, mostly due to cheap shots)

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-01 14:02:02

Guys, I'm sad my team didn't make the playoffs. My team is Pittsburgh, I know its been a long time since they didn't make it but still.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-04 19:32:24 (edited 2023-05-04 19:33:11)

At 5/1/23 12:21 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/29/23 04:17 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/19/23 04:11 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 4/18/23 09:07 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 4/17/23 06:47 AM, Pingu wrote: At 4/17/23 09:02 PM, orangebomb wrote: ABB (Anyone but Boston)
Florida needs to get in there
Ehh... Don't count on it. Florida this year is a far cry from last year's team, and even they faltered badly in the second round. At the very least though, they aren't as disgraceful as Toronto is. It honestly makes me wonder how and why Toronto keeps finding ways to embarrass themselves in spite of their supposed overwhelming potential.
I was mistaken on Florida. They pushed Boston to a Game 7, and has arguably outplayed them throughout much of the series. IDK if the Bruins were sleepwalking all this time, or if they are really overrated and played way over their heads until now.

I do think that Boston will win this series, but I expect Toronto/Tampa Bay series winner to beat Boston in the next round.
Shows what I know. Boston lost in the first round and made themselves look like clowns in the process.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and stuff, but I always knew that the Bruins were overrated from the start, when they had aging players play way over their heads throughout the season and hardly faced adversity until now.

(Also, the Boston Bruins has always been the most overrated franchise in NHL history, only winning the Stanley Cup once in over fifty years in 2011, mostly due to cheap shots)

Boston has proven that they are choke artists. They got out-coached on the back half of their series with Florida, and played like they were scared in Game 7's overtime. Don't forget that Florida was the President's Trophy winners just last year. They're still a good team, regardless of their regular season record.

You know how the saying goes: the regular season doesn't mean shit once the playoffs start.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-06 23:38:17

Edmonton v Vegas game 2 was spicy, EDM really got under the knights skin today. Will be interesting to see how things go when they travel to Edmonton for game 3, they're now tied up 1-1.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-08 00:07:46

Florida is on the verge of doing the funniest thing they've ever done as a franchise

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-08 07:03:19

At 5/8/23 12:07 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Florida is on the verge of doing the funniest thing they've ever done as a franchise

The Beaverton called it:

iu_966430_1387436.webp

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-08 22:32:56

I want Seattle to win it all.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-09 06:14:57

At 5/8/23 10:32 PM, Swabs wrote: I want Seattle to win it all.

I love them so much right now. They've been so much fun to watch.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-09 09:07:54

At 5/9/23 06:14 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
At 5/8/23 10:32 PM, Swabs wrote: I want Seattle to win it all.
I love them so much right now. They've been so much fun to watch.

For real and they are the new team so it would be cool see them lifting the cup.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-09 13:11:19

Looks like the Chicago Blackhawks got the first pick, (Connor Bedard) and the rest of the hockey world cringed. Columbus Blue Jackets got fucked over, which is not a surprise.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-13 09:27:18

At 5/9/23 01:11 PM, orangebomb wrote: Looks like the Chicago Blackhawks got the first pick, (Connor Bedard) and the rest of the hockey world cringed. Columbus Blue Jackets got fucked over, which is not a surprise.

The lottery wanted Blackhawks to win.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-13 16:17:00

Leafs and Devils are out, now to wait and see if the Oilers and Kraken can bring things to game 7 and turn it around.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-14 13:29:08

At 5/13/23 04:17 PM, Pingu wrote: Leafs and Devils are out, now to wait and see if the Oilers and Kraken can bring things to game 7 and turn it around.

Who are you wanting to win it all?

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-14 15:33:01

At 5/14/23 01:29 PM, Swabs wrote: Who are you wanting to win it all?

I'm an Oilers fan, so I'm hopeful but not blindly optimistic. I've been enjoying the jokes about the Edmonton Draisaitls

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-14 15:38:29

At 5/14/23 03:33 PM, Pingu wrote:
At 5/14/23 01:29 PM, Swabs wrote: Who are you wanting to win it all?
I'm an Oilers fan, so I'm hopeful but not blindly optimistic. I've been enjoying the jokes about the Edmonton Draisaitls

Oilers are not out yet, just need to win the next two.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-15 06:49:51

At 5/14/23 03:38 PM, Swabs wrote: Oilers are not out yet, just need to win the next two.

Ah well, Maybe Next Year™

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-15 22:31:40

At 5/15/23 06:49 AM, Pingu wrote:
At 5/14/23 03:38 PM, Swabs wrote: Oilers are not out yet, just need to win the next two.
Ah well, Maybe Next Year™

Down goes Seattle.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-21 18:39:00

Every game so far in the Conference Finals has went to overtime. Apprently, Florida seems to be the team of destiny.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-24 22:54:05

At 5/21/23 06:39 PM, orangebomb wrote: Every game so far in the Conference Finals has went to overtime. Apprently, Florida seems to be the team of destiny.

I agree about Florida, they just swept their first team.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-26 09:49:56

I didnt even know this club was a thing until now, happy to know that it is being a bit of a hockey fan myself.

So, my brother and my father have both refereed for hockey games, mainly peewee, minor and high school games. My brother actually ref’d for D1 and played hockey himself when he was younger.

That being said, I’m more attuned with AHL and NHL. Far as the former, Springfield Thunderbirds (formerly the Falcons) and Hartford Wolf Pack are my favorite teams.

NHL, Bruins being my top favorite with the Avalanche as a second. I tend to follow other original 6 teams but my least favorite out of those is actually Toronto. Never really cared for their play style.

AS FOR THE PLAYOFFS

I’m just gonna say it, Boston didn’t deserve to even get the cup let alone Round 2. They got cocky and let regular season get to their heads and tried to get fancy with the puck. I blame Coach Montgomery because it made no sense to why he completely relied on Ullmark all the way up to Game 6 instead of switching between him and Swayman. That’s what costed the Bruins from how I saw it.

It gave the Panthers one hell of a motivational boost and given they beat Toronto being they were second best in the league and swept Carolina after the fact they won in a 4OT game, they got high chances and now that the Stars forced a game 5 that actually gives them the chance to rest. The odds are in their favor and thats given that they’re a WC team in the playoffs.

There were some interesting situations I’ve seen happening while the Panthers have been writing their underdog story in the playoffs and honestly I’d argue they are the hungriest team in the playoffs because they never won a cup once. That’s saying something.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-31 11:08:31

Its the Panthers vs. Golden Knights for the Stanley Cup.

I know that traditionalists (O6 fanboys) will moan and complain that 2 Sun Belt teams will compete for the Cup, but I always found that complaint to be empty. Not to mention that the Canadian teams are underachievers at best, or are jokes at worst.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-05-31 11:54:45 (edited 2023-05-31 11:55:11)

At 5/31/23 11:08 AM, orangebomb wrote: Its the Panthers vs. Golden Knights for the Stanley Cup.

I know that traditionalists (O6 fanboys) will moan and complain that 2 Sun Belt teams will compete for the Cup, but I always found that complaint to be empty. Not to mention that the Canadian teams are underachievers at best, or are jokes at worst.

While I don't mind that, there are teams in the Sun Belt, there's at least one team that doesn't make much sense to me.

Arizona Coyotes.

I get that on one hand there's a growing fan base for hockey in that area, on the other hand it seems more expensive from a business point of view for any city in Arizona given that Tempe shot down a deal to allow an arena to be built for them and Glendale is barely able to maintain them.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-06-03 20:20:31

Welp, the deciding series between Vegas and Florida begins now.

All bets are off!

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-06-07 12:54:35

Las Vegas is up 2-0 and goalie Bob looks cooked. I don't want to rule out the Panthers out of respect, but it does look like they are running on fumes.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-06-07 15:38:44

At 6/7/23 12:54 PM, orangebomb wrote: Las Vegas is up 2-0 and goalie Bob looks cooked. I don't want to rule out the Panthers out of respect, but it does look like they are running on fumes.

Its not helping that Paul Maurice is trying to play politician whenever his team fucks up or sees something he doesn’t like either.

He either needs to tell his players to stop fucking around taking stupid penalties and making dirty plays and focusing on getting the goals in, bring back that desperate energy from the first few series, or he should just keep his mouth shut. Because the referees are actually making the calls this series that they didn’t in the first several series and its on the Panthers if they can’t figure that out.

Vegas could very well sweep them… but there is a chance this could go on to a game six and seven. Its still too early to make that call.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-06-08 23:29:44 (edited 2023-06-08 23:30:03)

Florida Panthers win Game 3, 3-2.

Vegas 2, Florida 1.

Maurice is still trying to play politics, that could cost the team later on. But god damn did that one timer in Period 3 save Florida's ass. Vegas couldn't do much with the puck that close to the net with that much chaos.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-06-13 22:50:48 (edited 2023-06-13 22:51:34)

Well in about a little less than 3 minutes Vegas is going to get their 1st cup.

Not surprised, and I’m happy for em. My prediction on panthers getting it was wrong but hey, it is what it is.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-06-14 17:51:31 (edited 2023-06-14 17:53:56)

Shouldn't be too surprised that Vegas won it all, considering how overwhelming they are on offense, and throughout the season for that matter. Good for Jack Eichel to get a championship after getting fucked over in Buffalo.

It's also kind of funny that both Miami teams had virtually the same path on their respective playoffs, with with the Heat and Panthers defeating the top seed in their conference, advancing all the way to the Finals and winning a game, before getting chumped by a team in the Intermountain west in Denver Nuggets in the NBA and the Vegas Golden Knights in the NHL.

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-08-15 09:24:40

Being me as a Bruins fan, sad to see Bergeron and Krejci go, glad to see Lucic back.

But I do not understand Don Sweeney’s logic as a GM after the fact that Butch Cassidy was the one who won the cup with Vegas right after they decided to let him go in favor of Jim Montgomery in hindsight. That being said, woth regular season roughly 2 months away I’m really hoping the Bruins learn from their mistakes and do better than last season’s playoffs by the time it happens in 2024.

Until then, I might be paying attention to the Av’s, Canucks, and Toronto at this point. I’d be happy if a Canadian team ended the drought they had for the Stanley Cup.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-09-28 04:28:13

The preseason is here at last. What are your expectations for your team? Are you following more than one this year?