00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Prinzy2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Broken Medals Thread

120,677 Views | 1,309 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-09-07 18:08:14

At 9/6/23 02:46 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: Given I earned the medal in Ruffle, its likely the cause is due to something within Ruffle.

As I recall, clicking links is indeed somewhat broken in Ruffle. Given others have earned it recently, it should unlock in NG Player as with similar medals, so please give that a try.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-09-07 19:08:44

At 9/7/23 06:08 PM, Bobogoobo wrote:
At 9/6/23 02:46 PM, BlueMonday1984 wrote: Given I earned the medal in Ruffle, its likely the cause is due to something within Ruffle.
As I recall, clicking links is indeed somewhat broken in Ruffle. Given others have earned it recently, it should unlock in NG Player as with similar medals, so please give that a try.

Installed NG Player to do just that, and got the medal - thanks for the help.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-09-08 00:09:50

Pokemon NO has apparently been bugged for ages

what really gets me is that the first medal I click on is one no one has gotten

ever

how

Denser than Osmium

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-09-15 20:38:29

At 9/8/23 12:09 AM, iwishiwereameme wrote: Pokemon NO has apparently been bugged for ages

what really gets me is that the first medal I click on is one no one has gotten

ever

how

also Pixelo stopped giving me medals after the first two. are my messages even being acknowledged.

Denser than Osmium

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-09-15 23:12:50

Pixelo seems to be working based on the recent unlocks. You may need to refresh the game to reestablish a connection to NG. Hopefully it resends any medals you have earned. Some games do it when you visit a certain screen.

Will look into Pokemon NO, thanks. Also a link to the game in question is helpful.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

hello

me again

Furious Moles (Mk2)

Denser than Osmium

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-09-16 20:56:27

At 9/15/23 11:12 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Pixelo seems to be working based on the recent unlocks. You may need to refresh the game to reestablish a connection to NG. Hopefully it resends any medals you have earned. Some games do it when you visit a certain screen.

Will look into Pokemon NO, thanks. Also a link to the game in question is helpful.

oh cool!

thanks for responding I had begun to think this was actually a really old thread and you guys had started a new one for broken medals and I was in the wrong place

Denser than Osmium

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-09-16 21:07:23

At 9/16/23 08:56 PM, iwishiwereameme wrote:
At 9/15/23 11:12 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Pixelo seems to be working based on the recent unlocks. You may need to refresh the game to reestablish a connection to NG. Hopefully it resends any medals you have earned. Some games do it when you visit a certain screen.

oh cool!

thanks for responding I had begun to think this was actually a really old thread and you guys had started a new one for broken medals and I was in the wrong place

Also, no matter what recent unlocks might be telling anybody it's just flat out not even giving me medal notifications anymore whenever I do something that should be unlocking medals

I reset the game once to try and get the "Jumper" medal again (it gave me the notification and made the little sound) and now I just don't get notifications at all for the game.

All the game stuff flies over my head so I'll just keep resetting I guess until it works

Denser than Osmium

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-09-16 21:16:47

At 9/16/23 09:07 PM, iwishiwereameme wrote:
At 9/16/23 08:56 PM, iwishiwereameme wrote:

oh cool!

Also, no matter what recent unlocks might be telling anybody it's just flat out not even giving me medal notifications anymore whenever I do something that should be unlocking medals

I reset the game once to try and get the "Jumper" medal again (it gave me the notification and made the little sound) and now I just don't get notifications at all for the game.

All the game stuff flies over my head so I'll just keep resetting I guess until it works

oh NOW it fucking works ughhhhhhh

Denser than Osmium

At 9/16/23 08:54 PM, iwishiwereameme wrote: hello

me again

Furious Moles (Mk2)

I haven't tested all the medals, but it seems to work for me in NG Player. Do you have that installed and enabled in your account settings? The game page doesn't load Ruffle so I guess it's only supported with Player.

Not sure about the issues with Pixelo, but another thing that can sometimes help if you're having issues is to try a different browser. Some games can just be a pain though - might help to refresh the page after completing/saving each puzzle so that it reestablishes an API connection by reloading the game.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-10-02 21:23:51

Here's another fun free medal game which unfortunately no longer seems to work, despite it saying the last person to unlock the medals did it 3 months ago. I've played through multiple times and not gotten any of the medals.

Denser than Osmium

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-10-03 08:34:53

At 10/2/23 09:23 PM, iwishiwereameme wrote: Here's another fun free medal game which unfortunately no longer seems to work, despite it saying the last person to unlock the medals did it 3 months ago. I've played through multiple times and not gotten any of the medals.

Like I suggested earlier, if medals aren't unlocking using Ruffle, try turning off Ruffle in your account settings so the game launches with NG Player. I was able to unlock a medal in this game that way.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-10-05 00:14:09

The last secret medal seems to be broken, as I beat level 15 (the last level) in two different playthroughs, even after refreshing the page, and the medal didn't unlock at all.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-12-18 18:18:50

None of these medals worked for me

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-12-18 21:33:47

At 12/18/23 06:18 PM, guthrie wrote: None of these medals worked for me

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/906961

I had the same experience when I played previously, wonder what happened there.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-12-20 12:18:03

Did anyone get far enough in this game to see if the last four medals are broken or not?

It also seems the author's newest game has medals that aren't working currently, have sent him a PM about that.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-12-25 14:30:34

So, I've been trying to do many attempts on this one game but no luck.

Tried using different browsers or so and still nothing.

I see folks still getting the medals but I still don't get how.

Grab a popcorn and favorite drink to enjoy some Flash Portal if you will?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2023-12-29 20:53:16

At 12/25/23 02:30 PM, RealRazorkiller wrote: So, I've been trying to do many attempts on this one game but no luck.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/634741

I've made some research and found out a thread (started by you yourself), and one of the replies said that you have to play the game at the beginning of any month because of the Nutcasenightmare API failing later in the month. Just saying because I also found out about it just now. Getting medals in this site really is a harder task than it should be.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-02-19 18:31:10

none of the medals in Witch Hunt seem to work, specifically the First Blood medal for killing the first enemy.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-02-20 08:58:51

At 2/19/24 06:31 PM, neyski wrote: none of the medals in Witch Hunt seem to work, specifically the First Blood medal for killing the first enemy.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651892

I can't test at the moment but it was last unlocked only two weeks ago - have you tried both Ruffle and NG Player?

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-02-20 14:08:57

At 2/20/24 08:58 AM, Bobogoobo wrote:
At 2/19/24 06:31 PM, neyski wrote: none of the medals in Witch Hunt seem to work, specifically the First Blood medal for killing the first enemy.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/651892
I can't test at the moment but it was last unlocked only two weeks ago - have you tried both Ruffle and NG Player?

I've tried with newgrounds player, still nothing

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-02-21 07:12:14

At 12/29/23 08:53 PM, Optimos wrote:
At 12/25/23 02:30 PM, RealRazorkiller wrote: So, I've been trying to do many attempts on this one game but no luck.

I've made some research and found out a thread (started by you yourself), and one of the replies said that you have to play the game at the beginning of any month because of the Nutcasenightmare API failing later in the month. Just saying because I also found out about it just now. Getting medals in this site really is a harder task than it should be.

I'm guessing due to old coding not keeping up-to-date with current changes nowadays. But I'll give this a shot and see if this works. Will let you know how it goes.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-02-21 18:19:24

At 2/21/24 07:12 AM, RealRazorkiller wrote:

I'm guessing due to old coding not keeping up-to-date with current changes nowadays. But I'll give this a shot and see if this works. Will let you know how it goes.

Actually I was wrong, it's got nothing to do with playing at the start of the month. It seems the problem is about your browser blocking insecure content, so you have to disable the protection. Here's how to do it in Firefox:

iu_1165481_5029734.png

Image by @JimmyCarlos, it was him who told me what the actual issue was. Great guy.

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-02-22 13:57:10

At 2/21/24 06:19 PM, Optimos wrote:
At 2/21/24 07:12 AM, RealRazorkiller wrote:

Actually I was wrong, it's got nothing to do with playing at the start of the month. It seems the problem is about your browser blocking insecure content, so you have to disable the protection. Here's how to do it in Firefox:

Image by @JimmyCarlos, it was him who told me what the actual issue was. Great guy.

Oh my god it worked! Thanks a million, made my day finally resolving this.

iu_1165817_3751606.png

iu_1165818_3751606.webp

Apparently coding is so old that it works differently. I'm more amazed this is the oddest trick to make it function. I may keep this in mind for the future NG games to attempt medals.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-02-28 15:23:24

Medals in this one seem to be broken. Have got up to rank S+ twice and still not unlocking. Hasn't been an unlock for the rank-based medals in 2 weeks so either nobody's playing or it's broken for everyone. As you can see on my profile I managed to unlock some of the lower-tier medals a year or two ago, but it doesn't seem to work for me anymore.

The gang's all here!

BBS Signature

old game, kinda dead i know, no new updates or anything but whatever

friday night funkin', medals don't work, idk if they do for others but i haven't gotten shit

i obviously started it, played week 1, and also tried to funk on a friday night a couple weeks ago, they also don't show up on my profile

i remember they worked years ago, and now suddenly they don't? i've tried for a few weeks now, nothing changed

i also tried on an old account on a virtual machine (on which i got the 2 first medals 3 years ago ig), and didn't get the friday medal (it was a friday when i tried)

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-03-08 18:15:25

At 3/8/24 06:08 PM, JazzLAN wrote: old game, kinda dead i know, no new updates or anything but whatever
friday night funkin', medals don't work, idk if they do for others but i haven't gotten shit
i obviously started it, played week 1, and also tried to funk on a friday night a couple weeks ago, they also don't show up on my profile
i remember they worked years ago, and now suddenly they don't? i've tried for a few weeks now, nothing changed
i also tried on an old account on a virtual machine (on which i got the 2 first medals 3 years ago ig), and didn't get the friday medal (it was a friday when i tried)
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/770371

Looks like they stopped two weeks ago, checking with ninjamuffin.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-03-13 14:51:40

At 3/8/24 06:15 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/8/24 06:08 PM, JazzLAN wrote: old game, kinda dead i know, no new updates or anything but whatever

not sure if you meant you already checked with ninjamuffin and confirmed that they stopped working

or WILL check with ninjamuffin about this issue

if it's the latter, any updates yet? i just tested it and the medals still don't work

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-03-13 16:42:04

At 3/13/24 02:51 PM, JazzLAN wrote:
not sure if you meant you already checked with ninjamuffin and confirmed that they stopped working
if it's the latter, any updates yet? i just tested it and the medals still don't work

Hmm, what browser are you using though?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Broken Medals Thread 2024-03-13 19:22:51

At 3/13/24 04:42 PM, RealRazorkiller wrote:
At 3/13/24 02:51 PM, JazzLAN wrote:
Hmm, what browser are you using though?

chrome, adblocker disabled on all of newgrounds too

(i get medals on the other games just fine, it's just fnf i'm having issues with)