00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MLouise just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Horrorverse Fan Club

26,647 Views | 401 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-09-30 11:32:51

Hey guys, thoughts on the “SAW” franchise?

I personally find it interesting and terrifying since those saw traps can be made IRL in theory

Play the game Pocket Killers Here if you like slasher stuff. (Especially if you like playing as the killers in horror)

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-09-30 12:10:40

At 9/30/22 11:32 AM, anothergamedev wrote: Hey guys, thoughts on the “SAW” franchise?

I personally find it interesting and terrifying since those saw traps can be made IRL in theory

I love the variety and both the mechanics and symbolism of how the traps work. I feel like I’m biased towards horror things that feel like games, since that’s what I’ve mainly been exposed to, but yeah, anything that’s got cool “game mechanics” is something I enjoy.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-09-30 13:17:01

At 9/30/22 11:32 AM, anothergamedev wrote: Hey guys, thoughts on the “SAW” franchise?

I definitely am a fan of the franchise! I can't wait for the new one they are making! every trap is just built creatively and its just the gore,blood, and body counts, I love to see along with a good twist!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-10-31 19:49:08

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-10-31 20:56:31

My favorite holiday 🎃💕

I am just a happy clam trying to tend to my clam ways.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-10-31 21:07:57

At 10/31/22 07:49 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Happy Halloween!

If you got any cool costume pics, post ‘em in my Halloween Club thread in Clubs and Crews!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-10-31 22:12:56

At 10/31/22 08:56 PM, HappyClamProduction wrote: My favorite holiday 🎃💕

Our favorite holiday! 🎃

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-11-02 02:17:01 (edited 2022-11-02 02:17:15)

So halloween is over but its not gonna stop me from watching horrors :). Currently watching Cabinet of Curiosities and its pretty enjoyable.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-11-04 08:51:01

At 11/2/22 02:17 AM, SNaDLI wrote: So halloween is over but its not gonna stop me from watching horrors :). Currently watching Cabinet of Curiosities and its pretty enjoyable.

ooo interesting! just searched about it and it's on my watch list!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-11-27 01:24:06 (edited 2022-11-27 01:25:28)

Yo! I wanna talk about Pac-Man type arcade horror games! Collecting dots in a big maze while being chased!

My favorites so far are Dark Deception and It Steals. I have a soft spot for the monster of the week approach and how that style lets the levels explore different enemy AI and different player capabilities. Dark Deception has some cool lore and plot woven in smoothly, but in both cases, the AI design really takes center stage, and as a wannabe game developer, that’s my favorite thing.

What are your thoughts on these games?

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-11-27 17:56:44

At 11/27/22 01:24 AM, Thetageist wrote: Yo! I wanna talk about Pac-Man type arcade horror games! Collecting dots in a big maze while being chased!

My favorites so far are Dark Deception and It Steals. I have a soft spot for the monster of the week approach and how that style lets the levels explore different enemy AI and different player capabilities. Dark Deception has some cool lore and plot woven in smoothly, but in both cases, the AI design really takes center stage, and as a wannabe game developer, that’s my favorite thing.

I have not played them sadly are they PC or Console games?

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-11-28 07:43:49

Hey, horror creators! This includes devs like @anothergamedev and @Tsnophaljakarax!

This guy is looking to see your horror projects and find team members to help him make his own. Check it out!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-11-28 07:46:34

At 11/27/22 05:56 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 11/27/22 01:24 AM, Thetageist wrote: Yo! I wanna talk about Pac-Man type arcade horror games! Collecting dots in a big maze while being chased!

Both are on Steam, so PC, though I think they both have the option to use a controller? Also not sure how they would work with that new Steam console thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-12-03 18:31:41

At 11/28/22 07:46 AM, Thetageist wrote:

Both are on Steam, so PC, though I think they both have the option to use a controller? Also not sure how they would work with that new Steam console thing.

Interesting! Thank you for the response! and for everyone reading THIS is general horror stuff so if you got creepy music, fanfilms, games/fan-games, and etc you can post it here!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-12-03 19:27:44

At 12/3/22 06:31 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:

Interesting! Thank you for the response! and for everyone reading THIS is general horror stuff so if you got creepy music, fanfilms, games/fan-games, and etc you can post it here!

Definitely post any Dark Deception fangames y’all have heard of, because I know the devs are very open to fan content and I haven’t explored that aspect of the fandom yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-12-04 07:39:32

At 12/3/22 07:27 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 12/3/22 06:31 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:

Definitely post any Dark Deception fangames y’all have heard of, because I know the devs are very open to fan content and I haven’t explored that aspect of the fandom yet.

Those devs sound awesome to me!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-12-08 15:17:37

Howdy! I drew this alternative version of my horror character, Killer-B, a few months ago. Originally, I was intending to make a version of my OC with (Mortal Kombat) Minerva's face stylization, got distracted and ended up making B's smile a lot more gnarly. (Had a lot of fun drawing the livor mortis, especially.)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-12-08 21:18:06

At 12/8/22 03:17 PM, cryptgeist wrote: Howdy! I drew this alternative version of my horror character, Killer-B, a few months ago. Originally, I was intending to make a version of my OC with (Mortal Kombat) Minerva's face stylization, got distracted and ended up making B's smile a lot more gnarly. (Had a lot of fun drawing the livor mortis, especially.)

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/cryptgeist/slaughtermouth

Oooo damn! nice job!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-12-09 11:15:53

At 12/8/22 09:18 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 12/8/22 03:17 PM, cryptgeist wrote: Howdy! I drew this alternative version of my horror character, Killer-B, a few months ago. Originally, I was intending to make a version of my OC with (Mortal Kombat) Minerva's face stylization, got distracted and ended up making B's smile a lot more gnarly. (Had a lot of fun drawing the livor mortis, especially.)

Oooo damn! nice job!

Thank you! I'm a real sucker for spooky pinups and face horror :)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-12-10 08:53:00

At 12/9/22 11:15 AM, cryptgeist wrote:
At 12/8/22 09:18 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:

Oooo damn! nice job!
Thank you! I'm a real sucker for spooky pinups and face horror :)

Keep it up!!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-12-10 19:36:57

So Choo Choo Charles was released yesterday, everybody!

What are your thoughts on the game, if you’ve seen anything about it pop up? I personally think the story is enjoyably cheesy, nothing necessarily to write home about, but the gameplay’s focus on using a train as transportation, defense, and a weapon is a really cool central mechanic!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-01-20 05:47:17

At 12/10/22 07:36 PM, Thetageist wrote: So Choo Choo Charles was released yesterday, everybody!

What are your thoughts on the game, if you’ve seen anything about it pop up? I personally think the story is enjoyably cheesy, nothing necessarily to write home about, but the gameplay’s focus on using a train as transportation, defense, and a weapon is a really cool central mechanic!

I just heard about this game it looks fun!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-01-24 13:20:36

Horror is my favourite genre. I did a project a few years ago, where I draw a version of Frankenstein a day for 30 days.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-01-24 16:16:51

At 1/24/23 01:20 PM, KingKevzilla wrote: Horror is my favourite genre. I did a project a few years ago, where I draw a version of Frankenstein a day for 30 days.

You can’t just tell us about that and not show it! Is it on NG? I need to see how cool it is!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-01-25 07:58:33

At 1/24/23 04:16 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 1/24/23 01:20 PM, KingKevzilla wrote: Horror is my favourite genre. I did a project a few years ago, where I draw a version of Frankenstein a day for 30 days.
You can’t just tell us about that and not show it! Is it on NG? I need to see how cool it is!

here are a few.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-01-27 08:46:08

At 1/22/23 05:28 AM, JJBolton635 wrote:
Man, I love Junji Ito's work!

I read couple of Junji Ito's short stories (my personal favorites being "The Hanging Balloons" and "The Enigma of Amigara Fault") and I just finished reading his best-known manga series, Remina and Uzumaki. Before Ito, I had little to no interest in reading horror comics, or even manga in general for that matter, but now, I don't think ever been more addictive to an artist's work than the ones that I learned in AP Art Studio in high school.

I was kind of disappointed with the execution of the Junji Ito Collection anime adaptation, and the more recent Junji Ito Maniac anime on Netflix. While I think they're both okay-ish, they definitely don't live up to beautifully grotesque illustrations Ito has made.

Which is why I'm so excited about Uzumaki anime which I'm hoping is going to be released this year. Sadly, they delayed it for the past few years now; not just because Covid, but because the team behind it are trying to make it look well animated and more faithful to Ito's art style as possible. But from the promotion material, this definitely looks like it'll be worth the wait...

Anyone here a fan of Junji Ito? What you guys think?

Hell yeah!

At 1/25/23 07:58 AM, KingKevzilla wrote:
At 1/24/23 04:16 PM, Thetageist wrote:
here are a few.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kingkevzilla/frankie-groovie-goolies
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kingkevzilla/i-was-a-teenage-frankenstein
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kingkevzilla/the-curse-of-frankenstein
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kingkevzilla/son-of-frankenstein
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/kingkevzilla/frankenstein-prize-30-days-of-frankenstein

Hell yeeeah! Frankenstein is an icon!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-02-04 01:32:42

At 2/3/23 08:38 AM, KingKevzilla wrote: I've uploaded some more Frankenstein pics.
Frankenstein - Dell Comics by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Frankenhooker by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Frankenstein's Daughter by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Frankenstein and The Monster from hell by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Frankenstein Meets The Space Monster by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Marvel Frankenstein by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds

Keep em going my man!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-02-04 12:01:51

At 2/4/23 01:32 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 2/3/23 08:38 AM, KingKevzilla wrote: I've uploaded some more Frankenstein pics.
Frankenstein - Dell Comics by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Frankenhooker by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Frankenstein's Daughter by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Frankenstein and The Monster from hell by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Frankenstein Meets The Space Monster by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Marvel Frankenstein by KingKevzilla on Newgrounds
Keep em going my man!

Thanks for the kind words, I've got a bunch more to upload. Right now, I'm working on a comic book. But, when I'll take a brake form that I'm planning on a bunch of pics of Dracula, The Wolfman and Creature, like what I did with Frankenstein.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-02-04 12:04:47

Vinegar Syndrome is getting into publishing comics by teaming up with Eibon Press.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/pages/vinegar-syndrome-publishing

Eibon made comics based on cult and horror films that were a pain in the ass to get. So I'm looking forward to this as some of the stuff they made looks bloody amazing!