00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Smartieluv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Horrorverse Fan Club

26,651 Views | 401 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-03 00:27:02

sleepaway camp

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-03 18:09:41

I finally got around to watch the new James Wan horror film Malignant the other day and honestly it was such a fun campy horror film I just kinda wish it wasn't so serious and had a less disjointed first half. But the third act really made up for all the short comings

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-03 21:25:19

Somewhere among the line of working on my Slasher game Pocket Killers, I wanted to make a 3D version of Pocket Killers with better graphics. However, I decided to scrap the 3D project, for now, to focus more on finishing the 2D Project.

(This is a screenshot of the menu I was working on, figured it would be cool to see Charlie the Clown in 3D)

iu_515206_9985327.webp

iu_515207_9985327.png

Play the game Pocket Killers Here if you like slasher stuff. (Especially if you like playing as the killers in horror)

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-10 03:27:29

At 1/3/22 09:25 PM, anothergamedev wrote: Somewhere among the line of working on my Slasher game Pocket Killers, I wanted to make a 3D version of Pocket Killers with better graphics. However, I decided to scrap the 3D project, for now, to focus more on finishing the 2D Project.

(This is a screenshot of the menu I was working on, figured it would be cool to see Charlie the Clown in 3D)

Keep going man! Two different versions of a game would be amazing!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-10 03:27:50

At 1/3/22 12:27 AM, GreaserRapist wrote: sleepaway camp

Love it!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-10 09:49:10

At 1/10/22 03:27 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 1/3/22 09:25 PM, anothergamedev wrote: Somewhere among the line of working on my Slasher game Pocket Killers, I wanted to make a 3D version of Pocket Killers with better graphics. However, I decided to scrap the 3D project, for now, to focus more on finishing the 2D Project.

Maybe the 3D version can have a stealth-mechanic similar to Manhunt?

Play the game Pocket Killers Here if you like slasher stuff. (Especially if you like playing as the killers in horror)

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-14 08:21:20

At 1/10/22 09:49 AM, anothergamedev wrote:
At 1/10/22 03:27 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:

Maybe the 3D version can have a stealth-mechanic similar to Manhunt?

Oooh dude that sounds amazing!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-20 16:04:30 (edited 2022-01-20 16:08:09)

iu_529394_9985327.webp

Working on a new special weapon for my slasher game. This weapon is inspired by the Great Blade used by Pyramid Head from Silent Hill

EDIT: Gif not working from my side, so here's the Imgur Link

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-01-28 15:55:13

At 1/20/22 04:04 PM, anothergamedev wrote:
Working on a new special weapon for my slasher game. This weapon is inspired by the Great Blade used by Pyramid Head from Silent Hill

EDIT: Gif not working from my side, so here's the Imgur Link

Love it!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-02-09 19:13:39

I cant wait!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-02-24 18:30:16

Met Kane Hodder again as Pre-Uber Jason from his role as Jason in Jason X! :D

Kane Hodder and I

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-02-24 19:57:25

Very Cool👍

I am just a happy clam trying to tend to my clam ways.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-02-26 07:31:49

At 2/24/22 07:57 PM, HappyClamProduction wrote: Very Cool👍

Thank you! Meeting him again is always gonna be the same with me!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-03-01 10:48:51

I've been working on an inventory system themed around the slashers in my horror game.

iu_564044_9985327.png

iu_564045_9985327.png

Those are just some of the many pickup-able items I got planned. Might or might not be themed around individual killers.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-03-01 19:44:00

At 3/1/22 10:48 AM, anothergamedev wrote: I've been working on an inventory system themed around the slashers in my horror game.

Those are just some of the many pickup-able items I got planned. Might or might not be themed around individual killers.

Hell yeah!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-06 15:42:34

At 3/1/22 07:44 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 3/1/22 10:48 AM, anothergamedev wrote: I've been working on an inventory system themed around the slashers in my horror game.

Hell yeah!!

Speaking of which, just updated the horror game.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-06 18:10:23

At 4/6/22 03:42 PM, anothergamedev wrote:
At 3/1/22 07:44 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:

Hell yeah!!
Speaking of which, just updated the horror game.

Wicked!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-07 18:52:04

What is your take on people who have lower fear tolerances but still enjoy horror themes, and the tamer horror content that tends to be more accessible to them? Is it a valid part of horror fandom, or is it "horror for kids" and "the problem with indie horror", as Daggz says?

Asking for a friend. That friend's decision to join will hinge on replies to this conversation.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-17 18:25:23

At 4/7/22 06:52 PM, EscapistProductions wrote: What is your take on people who have lower fear tolerances but still enjoy horror themes, and the tamer horror content that tends to be more accessible to them? Is it a valid part of horror fandom, or is it "horror for kids" and "the problem with indie horror", as Daggz says?

Asking for a friend. That friend's decision to join will hinge on replies to this conversation.

Nothing is wrong with a lower fear tolerance, if someone enjoys it for different purposes, then I say you can be a valid part of the fandom.

My sister for example doesn't like horror movies but it doesn't mean she wouldn't watch one with family.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-17 21:01:35

At 4/17/22 06:25 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 4/7/22 06:52 PM, EscapistProductions wrote: What is your take on people who have lower fear tolerances but still enjoy horror themes, and the tamer horror content that tends to be more accessible to them? Is it a valid part of horror fandom, or is it "horror for kids" and "the problem with indie horror", as Daggz says?

Nothing is wrong with a lower fear tolerance, if someone enjoys it for different purposes, then I say you can be a valid part of the fandom.

My sister for example doesn't like horror movies but it doesn't mean she wouldn't watch one with family.

Cool, in that case, I'm in!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-17 21:40:04

So I'm reading through this thread to get completely up to speed, realizing I hadn't read as much of it already as I thought, and I saw that I'm not the only one who knows about the other movie that's also called Frozen.

Also sounds like there's a lot of cool stuff happening out there that I didn't know about! I gotta go do research on some of these things.

So, I see a lot of horror enjoyers here - are any of you also horror creators? If so, what's your favorite type of horror content to make? I saw one slasher game developer, and that's really cool. For me, I think eldritch abominations are great fun to design. You just kinda throw logic out the window, but artfully. I also was an active participant in the thread for the NG Creepypasta collab, and made a couple entries as well. I loved the double-tributes people made to Newgrounds and to icons of Internet horror (from the stupid to the stupendous) and the general style of the stories/characters.

@anothergamedev, I think the minimalist color scheme is great for your game! Have you heard of Dead by Daylight, by any chance? I've looked into it and think it's pretty cool, maybe you could take some inspiration for your own horror game with playable antagonists - see what you think works and doesn't work!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-17 22:09:20

At 4/17/22 09:40 PM, EscapistProductions wrote: So I'm reading through this thread to get completely up to speed, realizing I hadn't read as much of it already as I thought, and I saw that I'm not the only one who knows about the other movie that's also called Frozen.

Also sounds like there's a lot of cool stuff happening out there that I didn't know about! I gotta go do research on some of these things.

So, I see a lot of horror enjoyers here - are any of you also horror creators? If so, what's your favorite type of horror content to make? I saw one slasher game developer, and that's really cool. For me, I think eldritch abominations are great fun to design. You just kinda throw logic out the window, but artfully. I also was an active participant in the thread for the NG Creepypasta collab, and made a couple entries as well. I loved the double-tributes people made to Newgrounds and to icons of Internet horror (from the stupid to the stupendous) and the general style of the stories/characters.

@anothergamedev, I think the minimalist color scheme is great for your game! Have you heard of Dead by Daylight, by any chance? I've looked into it and think it's pretty cool, maybe you could take some inspiration for your own horror game with playable antagonists - see what you think works and doesn't work!

Thank you!

Yes I have heard of Dead By Daylight. In-fact, Dead by Daylight was one of the main inspirations for this game, Pocket Killers. I wanted to make my own inspiration from DbD, but focusing on the elements I like about the game itself, which is playing as the killers.

If you check out the store for special abilities, you would notice a good amount of DbD killer ability inspired attacks. Stabbing Spree is inspired by Feral Frenzy for an example, and Grapple Gun is inspired by The Deathslinger.

I plan that after I finish all the individual stories/levels for the 3 main playable killers, more killers would be added. If you are intrested, DM me and I can send you my Discord server for Pocket Killers.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-18 20:04:15

At 4/17/22 09:40 PM, EscapistProductions wrote: So I'm reading through this thread to get completely up to speed, realizing I hadn't read as much of it already as I thought, and I saw that I'm not the only one who knows about the other movie that's also called Frozen.

Welcome to the Horrorverse!!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-19 11:38:18

Also, I'm a great big theme park nut, so I wanted to show you some examples of horror in an interesting medium: Rollercoasters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ffv_5JoqQ

Whatcha think about these? I can find you guys some other videos and marketing stuff for any one of them if you're interested in learning more!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-29 20:08:38

At 4/19/22 11:38 AM, EscapistProductions wrote: Also, I'm a great big theme park nut, so I wanted to show you some examples of horror in an interesting medium: Rollercoasters!

Whatcha think about these? I can find you guys some other videos and marketing stuff for any one of them if you're interested in learning more!

I haven't been on a ride in years lol!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-04-30 09:58:22

At 4/29/22 08:08 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 4/19/22 11:38 AM, EscapistProductions wrote: Also, I'm a great big theme park nut, so I wanted to show you some examples of horror in an interesting medium: Rollercoasters!

I haven't been on a ride in years lol!

Understandable, haha! I haven’t been on any of these either, but I find it really impressive how rollercoasters, even ones that aren’t also dark rides, can be designed to tell a creepy story, whether it’s based on an established franchise or original. Normally, when your horror content is limited to one or two senses, like with a book or a movie, it takes quite a bit to establish a horror atmosphere and pull off a story well. With this format, you get less storytelling time, and in a lot of cases, less indoor space to provide atmosphere before you have to take the rollercoaster outside, but there’s also more senses you can possibly use, including our sense of motion (which is part of why going backwards or free falling makes certain moments scarier).

I am a massive theme park nut. I just love how atmosphere and story are established through entire environments you can interact with.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-05-01 05:16:45

At 12/6/18 12:29 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Talk and discuss about any and all thing horror related! Let out your inner horror geek!

I love watching horror movies, but I haven't watched one in ages

So suggest me some good ones.

I like horror movies with jumpscares

demon and ghosts in it

(aka more the hunted house genre)

Good plot twists

but also ones that doesn't scare you with jumpscares, but with a bad feeling.

Also blood is cool but I don't think splatter movies are scary

(change my opinion lol)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-05-02 18:06:44 (edited 2022-05-02 18:06:52)

I've been on this ride before around 2013-2014, when I was a kid and we went to Disneyland in Florida.

iu_624272_9985327.jpg

I find the horror aspects at first intriguing, but the elevator drop caught me off-guard. It was quite a rush for me back then.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-05-02 18:16:10

At 5/2/22 06:06 PM, anothergamedev wrote:

I've been on this ride before around 2013-2014, when I was a kid and we went to Disneyland in Florida.

I find the horror aspects at first intriguing, but the elevator drop caught me off-guard. It was quite a rush for me back then.

Yeah! I actually watched a video somewhat recently about how the ride system actually works (there's actually more than one elevator going at the same time, to increase ride capacity), as well as all the effects and stuff. Unfortunately for this classic, the California one was rethemed to Guardians of the Galaxy, but luckily the Florida one is still Twilight Zone themed.

I don't think I'd ever be able to ride it, though. Steep drops on relatively tame rollercoasters get me screaming enough as it stands, I haven't even tried a drop tower yet, haha.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2022-05-06 10:51:47

At 5/1/22 05:16 AM, ErasedMe wrote:
At 12/6/18 12:29 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Talk and discuss about any and all thing horror related! Let out your inner horror geek!
I love watching horror movies, but I haven't watched one in ages
So suggest me some good ones.

I like horror movies with jumpscares
demon and ghosts in it
(aka more the hunted house genre)
Good plot twists
but also ones that doesn't scare you with jumpscares, but with a bad feeling.
Also blood is cool but I don't think splatter movies are scary
(change my opinion lol)

Welcome to the club!!