00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Horrorverse Fan Club

26,643 Views | 401 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-02-09 03:00:57

At 2/8/19 08:50 PM, Zymbot wrote: Saw the Prodigy today.

It's nothing special. Kind of a generic "evil kid" movie.

I had hopes...but thanks for telling me and others.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-02-12 10:16:05

Had a scary dream the other night that basically fit the plot of any horror story, but was twice as scary when it was happening to me.

Moved into an old house that was like four stories tall with my family.

Ghost stuff starts happening to my family.

I hear my daughter crying in the middle of the night so I run from my bedroom to hers. She isn't in there. I can tell the crying is coming from the attic from a door that we hadn't unlocked yet. The room has me completely freaked out and she's still crying so I just tailed it out of there.

I ran down all the stairs until I got on the landing between the 2nd floor and 1st floor. On the first floor I see my spouse comforting my daughter on the entry way floor. I get a sense of terror as I think I'm holding my daughter. I here a ghostly scream coming from my arms and slowly start to look over at what I'm holding against my shoulder, but I wake up right before I see it.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-02-12 15:22:14

At 2/12/19 10:16 AM, Fro wrote: Had a scary dream the other night that basically fit the plot of any horror story, but was twice as scary when it was happening to me.

Moved into an old house that was like four stories tall with my family.

Ghost stuff starts happening to my family.

I hear my daughter crying in the middle of the night so I run from my bedroom to hers. She isn't in there. I can tell the crying is coming from the attic from a door that we hadn't unlocked yet. The room has me completely freaked out and she's still crying so I just tailed it out of there.

I ran down all the stairs until I got on the landing between the 2nd floor and 1st floor. On the first floor I see my spouse comforting my daughter on the entry way floor. I get a sense of terror as I think I'm holding my daughter. I here a ghostly scream coming from my arms and slowly start to look over at what I'm holding against my shoulder, but I wake up right before I see it.

Let's hope someone doesn't steal this plot summary!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-02-17 11:41:10

(I sure hope this group is still accepting applicants.)

*Ahem.* Hello. You might not tell right away from the look of me, but I've been keeping up with (or perhaps *stalking* is a more appropriate word,) horror-media in several of its forms.

I've got a decent collection of books in the horror genre, from Stephen King to a smattering of others.

Up and down I've seen great and awful horror movies or series, short or long, and many ways here or there.

Games on the other hand, not nearly as often. Although I've played a few when they've come up.

You ever heard of "Thing" media? Or is there another word for it?

It's basically the intrigue and fascination of eldritch horror where it may be found:

• In movies and TV, I believe this started - at least with me - with "The Thing," and its resultant permutations. This spins out into a lot of other forms, like the awkward low-budget horror "Harbinger Down," "A.I.C.O" if you're more into the anime-vein, (Karas is another pretty close example.) And I've seen good things in the '07 "The Mist" movie, although I've yet to myself see it.
  • Games have a lot more examples of this: Capcom seems to like using that kind of monster; RE series has its assorted monsters, like the G-virus or C-Virus, Devil May Cry's had a few crazy monsters. Megaman X eldritch-ifys its final boss Sigma more than once.

More random titles include "Killer is Dead," "Deadspace series," "Evil Within series," and "Scorn," though

incomplete, looks very promising.

• And of course Thing-dom is all over literature, I can always cite Cthulu-ian mythos as a touchstone, King again, with good hits like "Revival" or "The Library Policeman" if you happen to know that odd one. And more than anything, a step above this is "The Great God Pan," of which I only read an online synopsis but would look forward to read in its entirety.

Maybe I'm a little too enthusiastic about these themes, or perhaps a little ill-informed about classification. To which I don't mind being steered the right direction. (And maybe suggested a few choice titles which follow the theme.)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-02-18 22:32:49

At 2/17/19 11:41 AM, ESummerdown wrote: (I sure hope this group is still accepting applicants.)

*Ahem.* Hello. You might not tell right away from the look of me, but I've been keeping up with (or perhaps *stalking* is a more appropriate word,) horror-media in several of its forms.
I've got a decent collection of books in the horror genre, from Stephen King to a smattering of others.
Up and down I've seen great and awful horror movies or series, short or long, and many ways here or there.
Games on the other hand, not nearly as often. Although I've played a few when they've come up.

You ever heard of "Thing" media? Or is there another word for it?
It's basically the intrigue and fascination of eldritch horror where it may be found:
More random titles include "Killer is Dead," "Deadspace series," "Evil Within series," and "Scorn," though
incomplete, looks very promising.

Maybe I'm a little too enthusiastic about these themes, or perhaps a little ill-informed about classification. To which I don't mind being steered the right direction. (And maybe suggested a few choice titles which follow the theme.)

Welcome to the club :)

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-02-23 01:03:13

My goal has been set! I have met Kane Hodder at Mad Monster Party 2019! It was amazing!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-02-28 16:51:50

At 2/28/19 04:08 PM, Zymbot wrote: I need to get Shudder anyway.

They need to get their app sorted - unless anything has changed in the last year or so it's incredibly buggy. Cancelled my trial even though the selection was good because getting it to cast to my TV was such a pain.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-02-28 19:12:40

Critters are back!?

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-04 22:03:24

At 3/4/19 09:13 PM, Zymbot wrote:
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3549312/looks-like-addition-shudders-series-new-critters-movie-wrapped-filming/#disqus_thread

There's also an update on SYFY's unrelated new Critters movie.

Holy! Yes!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-05 10:23:29

At 3/5/19 10:18 AM, Zymbot wrote: Trailer for the new movie from the Hereditary director.

Looks similar to The Wicker Man.

I wanna see it.

Just saw this too and got very excited. Folk horror is my shit, and while I wasn't as into Hereditary as others were (it's good but falls apart in the third act when it throws away all the great tension it's built for bland generic scares), Ari Aster is clearly talented so will definitely be checking this out.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-05 11:27:33

At 3/5/19 10:23 AM, Absurd-Ditties wrote:
At 3/5/19 10:18 AM, Zymbot wrote: Trailer for the new movie from the Hereditary director.

Looks similar to The Wicker Man.

I wanna see it.
Just saw this too and got very excited. Folk horror is my shit, and while I wasn't as into Hereditary as others were (it's good but falls apart in the third act when it throws away all the great tension it's built for bland generic scares), Ari Aster is clearly talented so will definitely be checking this out.

My wife was the opposite. She was giggling to herself the whole movie, while I was disturbed out of my pants. Then at the end, when they go it was the d***l, she almost shat herself, and couldn't sleep through the night for a week.

Different strokes, you know?

Pretty stoked for midsommar. Half expect this to tie into hereditary somehow.

It's nuts how many high profile, and well liked horror movies have started popping up the last few years. Even the midtier stuff is pretty good!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-09 00:30:24

At 3/8/19 10:42 PM, Zymbot wrote: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-banana-splits-horror-movie-20190219-story.html

They're turning the Banana Splits into a horror movie.

That's weird.

They had a crossover with the Suicide Squad recently.

What the.....

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-15 11:07:42

Has anyone here seen Fear(s) of the Dark? It's a 2007 film that features multiple animated horror shorts. It's worth it alone for the final short

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-15 23:34:37

At 3/15/19 11:07 AM, fattyfatfatto wrote: Has anyone here seen Fear(s) of the Dark? It's a 2007 film that features multiple animated horror shorts. It's worth it alone for the final short

Did one involve a russian guy???

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-16 18:14:25

At 3/15/19 11:34 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 3/15/19 11:07 AM, fattyfatfatto wrote: Has anyone here seen Fear(s) of the Dark? It's a 2007 film that features multiple animated horror shorts. It's worth it alone for the final short
Did one involve a russian guy???

It might have done, with a big moustache in a dark house?

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-17 23:17:00

At 3/16/19 08:00 PM, Zymbot wrote: Zoombies 2. lol.

The first one was actually kinda watchable.

That godzilla roar will likely have that as a lawsuit LOL.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-18 04:32:05

Help John Buechler <- One of the Greatest Special Effects Artists Needs Our Help!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-21 04:20:21

At 3/20/19 11:50 AM, Zymbot wrote: They're coming out with yet another cut of Nightbreed. This one is 3 hours long.

Kinda excessive, but I really wanna see this footage. I've always liked Nightbreed.

Holy dang.....

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-23 02:46:10

At 3/22/19 08:54 PM, Zymbot wrote: I went to see Us.

I liked it.

Me and the family def gonna go see this.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-24 18:08:10

iu_15218_7345975.jpg

Just found this on Friday.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-25 12:07:02

At 3/24/19 06:08 PM, JoshikoF wrote:
Just found this on Friday.

If you haven't seen it, you're in for a treat!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-03-28 16:07:34

At 3/26/19 10:16 PM, Zymbot wrote: Watched Critters: A New Binge on Shudder.

It's just kinda okay. It's more enjoyable than I was expecting. I like that it went in a few new directions.

Each episode is around 10 minutes, so altogether it's about the length of a movie.

It's pretty cheap, but the puppetry is solid. They had the money to get a couple semi-famous people to be in it, Gilbert Gottfried and Thomas Lennon.

I'd say it's on par with Critters 3, and totally better than Critters 4.

Wow thanks for the review. 💪🏼

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-04-01 13:09:54

https://youtu.be/bs5ZOcU6Bnw

Jim Jarmusch's zombie film look great.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-04-02 00:45:56

At 4/1/19 01:09 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: https://youtu.be/bs5ZOcU6Bnw

Jim Jarmusch's zombie film look great.

But no Kane Hodder..... >:(

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-04-13 03:18:33

At 4/12/19 06:14 PM, Zymbot wrote: I saw the new Pet Sematary today.

It's pretty good!

For me it's hard to say if it's better than the older one. There's different aspects of both that I thought were better or weaker in each version. They both kinda come out even, in my opinion.

The ending of new version is DARK. Even darker than the original ending.

There's a cover of the Ramones song from the original in the end credits. Wasn't expecting that. It made me smile.

ORIGINAL.

REMAKE.

Now im hyped!!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-04-19 23:52:36

At 4/19/19 12:35 PM, Zymbot wrote: Blade from Puppet Master is getting his own solo movie.

That's kinda cool.

Wait what?!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-04-19 23:52:46

At 4/19/19 09:57 PM, Zymbot wrote: Saw The Curse of La Llorona today.

I didn't care for it much.

Yeah looks cheesy asf...

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-04-26 11:58:42

At 4/25/19 01:06 PM, Zymbot wrote: Here's the trailer for the new Critters movie, Critters Attack!

Dee Wallace is back.

What! No threatre release!!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-04-29 02:04:46

At 4/25/19 01:06 PM, Zymbot wrote: Here's the trailer for the new Critters movie, Critters Attack!

Dee Wallace is back.

Yes!!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2019-05-16 20:15:15

At 5/16/19 12:11 PM, Zymbot wrote: Comedian Chris Rock is going to reimagine Saw.

That's weird.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3561412/saw-reimagined-chris-rock-darren-bousman-returning-direct/

Im seriously curious on what this reimagining is....