00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Horrorverse Fan Club

26,645 Views | 401 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-02 06:38:46

At 2/4/23 12:04 PM, KingKevzilla wrote: Vinegar Syndrome is getting into publishing comics by teaming up with Eibon Press.
https://vinegarsyndrome.com/pages/vinegar-syndrome-publishing

Eibon made comics based on cult and horror films that were a pain in the ass to get. So I'm looking forward to this as some of the stuff they made looks bloody amazing!

Lucio Fulci’s ZOMBIE? oh hell yeah!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-04 17:47:44 (edited 2023-03-04 17:48:07)

At 3/2/23 06:38 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 2/4/23 12:04 PM, KingKevzilla wrote: Vinegar Syndrome is getting into publishing comics by teaming up with Eibon Press.

Eibon made comics based on cult and horror films that were a pain in the ass to get. So I'm looking forward to this as some of the stuff they made looks bloody amazing!

Back from the dead, this thread appears =D. Looks like there's a ton of movie / etc refs in here! I'm in, must review.

Good-faith proof of effort from a latecomer (not seeking votes)

This other guy said, "I like your bagman!". I said, "let's re-do it!". He made the character, and I invented the BG

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cors70Jt4Y4/

And there's this Doom 3 mod I made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pD6zdNkRc&list=PL7k-SzOisefH5mjnbuNOrDXCLZ3B1oqhq

For someone who only appreciated horror through the lens of vidya games, but is now interested in dark art, what's the best jumping off point that doesn't involve the word "lovecraft"? :) Someone asked me to paint Azathoth, and I'm still scratching my head over that one... "references", they said...

*insert jump scare here*

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-09 08:07:02

At 3/4/23 05:47 PM, sincronikon wrote:
At 3/2/23 06:38 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:

Back from the dead, this thread appears =D. Looks like there's a ton of movie / etc refs in here! I'm in, must review.

Good-faith proof of effort from a latecomer (not seeking votes)
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sincronikon/the-bagman
This other guy said, "I like your bagman!". I said, "let's re-do it!". He made the character, and I invented the BG
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cors70Jt4Y4/
And there's this Doom 3 mod I made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pD6zdNkRc&list=PL7k-SzOisefH5mjnbuNOrDXCLZ3B1oqhq

For someone who only appreciated horror through the lens of vidya games, but is now interested in dark art, what's the best jumping off point that doesn't involve the word "lovecraft"? :) Someone asked me to paint Azathoth, and I'm still scratching my head over that one... "references", they said...

*insert jump scare here*

This entire fanclub is for all things horror doesn't even matter advertise what is horror!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-09 17:27:09

At 3/9/23 08:07 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: This entire fanclub is for all things horror doesn't even matter advertise what is horror!!

OK, direct + open question - I was recently asked to paint Azathoth for fun. Uhh, it's been two weeks, and I still have no idea how to even start thinking about this one. Skimming the thread, still at a total loss.

Definitely strikes me as a horror creature, but a pile of tentacles isn't really that interesting. I do love pure imaginary paints, though, and have been told I'm outright crazy more than once ;). Any thoughts from the Horrorverse on, uhh, "mentality" for such a varied creature? =D There's gotta be 100 interpretations of it...

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-10 04:35:10

At 3/9/23 05:27 PM, sincronikon wrote:
At 3/9/23 08:07 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: This entire fanclub is for all things horror doesn't even matter advertise what is horror!!
OK, direct + open question - I was recently asked to paint Azathoth for fun. Uhh, it's been two weeks, and I still have no idea how to even start thinking about this one. Skimming the thread, still at a total loss.

Definitely strikes me as a horror creature, but a pile of tentacles isn't really that interesting. I do love pure imaginary paints, though, and have been told I'm outright crazy more than once ;). Any thoughts from the Horrorverse on, uhh, "mentality" for such a varied creature? =D There's gotta be 100 interpretations of it...

Azathoth is like a tentacle monster of course with one largemouth and two eyes or even multiple....so think of a hard-crested space monster and you can/could design him ANY way you want!

You can draw Azathoth even as a humanoid! draw him as a multi-eldritch monster! as Azathoth is the great dreamer that created his universe and so think of a spaghetti that came to life on your plate with whatever you wanna fantasy for! the being in itself has no "true" form as it's whatever the person perceives him some could see him as a disgusting buddha, a disgusting chivalry knight, and more!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-10 05:09:04

At 3/10/23 04:35 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Azathoth is like a tentacle monster of course with one largemouth and two eyes or even multiple....so think of a hard-crested space monster and you can/could design him ANY way you want!

You can draw Azathoth even as a humanoid! draw him as a multi-eldritch monster! as Azathoth is the great dreamer that created his universe and so think of a spaghetti that came to life on your plate with whatever you wanna fantasy for! the being in itself has no "true" form as it's whatever the person perceives him some could see him as a disgusting buddha, a disgusting chivalry knight, and more!

Best description long time. Incoming flying spaghetti monster! =D You're giving me permission to return to some of the types of things I rarely/never posted here. I'm blaming you in advance ;).

My favourite feedback of all time was: "what sort of spastic drew this"; "this is a drawing of pure madness"; and "looks like Dall-E" all on one piece - high praise, lol! I was inventing a race of creatures called Dentataur (open use idea - the myth of the dentata, as fleshy prehistoric creatures who consume humans) which you can look up at your own peril. I shifted away from that to learn other things and diversify the art profile... but it's probably time to return to them... Azathoth clearly spawned these hideous things, I think...

Hard-crested, celestial, tentacles, many eyes, formless... hmm... seems like the common features, yeah. Hope to report back later today with a sketch. More as it happens. Off to dream.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-10 06:36:06

At 3/10/23 05:09 AM, sincronikon wrote:
At 3/10/23 04:35 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Azathoth is like a tentacle monster of course with one largemouth and two eyes or even multiple....so think of a hard-crested space monster and you can/could design him ANY way you want!

Best description long time. Incoming flying spaghetti monster! =D You're giving me permission to return to some of the types of things I rarely/never posted here. I'm blaming you in advance ;).

My favourite feedback of all time was: "what sort of spastic drew this"; "this is a drawing of pure madness"; and "looks like Dall-E" all on one piece - high praise, lol! I was inventing a race of creatures called Dentataur (open use idea - the myth of the dentata, as fleshy prehistoric creatures who consume humans) which you can look up at your own peril. I shifted away from that to learn other things and diversify the art profile... but it's probably time to return to them... Azathoth clearly spawned these hideous things, I think...

Hard-crested, celestial, tentacles, many eyes, formless... hmm... seems like the common features, yeah. Hope to report back later today with a sketch. More as it happens. Off to dream.

Alright!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-10 17:18:25 (edited 2023-03-10 17:19:38)

At 3/10/23 04:35 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Azathoth
Alright!

...What a 3.5 hour Azathoth might look like from this relative newbstick digi-painter =D. This is "v2". Lacks oomph, I'd say.

I might be getting help - or friendly competition - from another. "v3" pending based on whether said other decides to build off this, or do their own thing, or asks for a swap of their idea :).

iu_918170_11555096.webp

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-18 20:39:04

At 3/10/23 05:18 PM, sincronikon wrote:
At 3/10/23 04:35 AM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Azathoth
Alright!
...What a 3.5 hour Azathoth might look like from this relative newbstick digi-painter =D. This is "v2". Lacks oomph, I'd say.

I might be getting help - or friendly competition - from another. "v3" pending based on whether said other decides to build off this, or do their own thing, or asks for a swap of their idea :).

Thats amazing work my man!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-18 20:50:05

At 3/18/23 08:39 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Thats amazing work my man!

Merci. I was also asked to make the Whateley Twins. Unfortunately, I've attracted chronic downvoters, lol, and doubt I will continue to upload to the Portal due to the fact that I'm starting to use methods NG locals scorn.

Azathoth final (minor changes)

The Whateley Twins

You can find a lot more horror stuff in my profile if you flip on your A filter. Got a race of creatures I'm calling Vacuutaurs too. But I won't post such links here, and warn you, it'll be a wild ride ;).

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-24 14:00:55

At 3/18/23 08:50 PM, sincronikon wrote:
At 3/18/23 08:39 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote: Thats amazing work my man!
Merci. I was also asked to make the Whateley Twins. Unfortunately, I've attracted chronic downvoters, lol, and doubt I will continue to upload to the Portal due to the fact that I'm starting to use methods NG locals scorn.

Azathoth final (minor changes)
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sincronikon/azathoth

The Whateley Twins
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sincronikon/the-whateley-twins

You can find a lot more horror stuff in my profile if you flip on your A filter. Got a race of creatures I'm calling Vacuutaurs too. But I won't post such links here, and warn you, it'll be a wild ride ;).

Never be deterred! Keep up that momentum and that grind mentality!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-24 14:15:28

I wanna recommend Comickpro to y’all- she has this mini series called Skitzo the 1920s Sun Bear. A new animation came out yesterday

I am just a happy clam trying to tend to my clam ways.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-03-24 14:22:39

At 3/24/23 02:15 PM, HappyClamProduction wrote: I wanna recommend Comickpro to y’all- she has this mini series called Skitzo the 1920s Sun Bear. A new animation came out yesterday
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/878256

Oooooo

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-05-13 09:09:13

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 35th Anniversary

Sorry for the double post but today is important to me as a fan/cosplayer!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-02 17:29:40

At 6/1/23 11:23 PM, GoldenHeroCurry wrote: Some of my favorite horror movies are Psycho, Get Out, and Halloween. :)

ooooo ty for joining!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-02 19:32:33

At 6/1/23 11:23 PM, GoldenHeroCurry wrote: Some of my favorite horror movies are Psycho, Get Out, and Halloween. :)

Happy to see this thread get some activity! What type of stuff do you like about those movies?

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-03 14:35:44

At 6/3/23 02:09 PM, GoldenHeroCurry wrote:
At 6/2/23 05:29 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
ooooo ty for joining!
Of course! :)

Probably one of the most active group posts thank you everyone!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-04 12:01:40

I ponder if I fit in here too with my ... uh... Hellraiser obsession or is that film too family friendly ? Overall I like 1980s horror stuff and one Wrong Turn film made me smile too (haven't seen any other, than the 5th) . Some other horror things I like are from Europe. Russians were pretty good at making some surprise-ending stuff.

I also enjoy horror survival genre in games - Alien:Isolation game, or anything Frictional Games is pure love! The last is releasing new game in few days!

Uh... hey ? *waves*

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-04 13:17:23

At 6/4/23 12:01 PM, Tenebrare wrote: I ponder if I fit in here too with my ... uh... Hellraiser obsession or is that film too family friendly ? Overall I like 1980s horror stuff and one Wrong Turn film made me smile too (haven't seen any other, than the 5th) . Some other horror things I like are from Europe. Russians were pretty good at making some surprise-ending stuff.

I also enjoy horror survival genre in games - Alien:Isolation game, or anything Frictional Games is pure love! The last is releasing new game in few days!

Uh... hey ? *waves*

Welcome, welcome! You’re definitely in the right place!

80s horror is fun. Have you heard of Puppet Combo? They make games that play out like retro horror films. Might be something interesting to look at!

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-04 15:01:36

At 6/4/23 01:17 PM, Thetageist wrote: Have you heard of Puppet Combo? They make games that play out like retro horror films. Might be something interesting to look at!

1st time I hear of them.

Although i have to add that the reason i like some of the horror is not about the hack and slash. Same reason I have seen only one Wrong Turn (the one with "Pinheads" actor as lead) - I am more interested on characters and charisma. Most horror fans probably are there for the blood and kills. However charisma and character is what gives antagonists a purpose and makes it harder for viewer. With that last i mean that i.e. the whole WT5 film i wanted the bad guy to escape at end - and that was so wrong. I liked the female protagonist /the policewoman/, but I also liked the bad guy - and I was like, "uh... uh.. I cannot decide which one I support now!" - I liked that conflict.

It is same kind of conflict I had with Hellraiser - cenobites are likable. Humans are not.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-04 15:23:39

At 6/4/23 03:01 PM, Tenebrare wrote:
At 6/4/23 01:17 PM, Thetageist wrote: Have you heard of Puppet Combo? They make games that play out like retro horror films. Might be something interesting to look at!
1st time I hear of them.

Although i have to add that the reason i like some of the horror is not about the hack and slash. Same reason I have seen only one Wrong Turn (the one with "Pinheads" actor as lead) - I am more interested on characters and charisma. Most horror fans probably are there for the blood and kills. However charisma and character is what gives antagonists a purpose and makes it harder for viewer. With that last i mean that i.e. the whole WT5 film i wanted the bad guy to escape at end - and that was so wrong. I liked the female protagonist /the policewoman/, but I also liked the bad guy - and I was like, "uh... uh.. I cannot decide which one I support now!" - I liked that conflict.

It is same kind of conflict I had with Hellraiser - cenobites are likable. Humans are not.

Makes sense! I love villain character studies too! I do think that there’s definitely some characterization and sympathetic villains in the Puppet Combo games, so I still recommend them.

BBS Signature

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-05 12:28:49

Hehehe this arrived today! (sorry the quality, my phones memory card went bonkers and used my tablets camera which is older than this website - not quite, but point remains. )

Found my enthusiasm with this baby 2 months ago and a local cinema operator was kind enough to scramble some blurays and dvds for me.

I take my horror phases very seriously. *lol* Naah, i am a village idiot, never take me seriously as I take nothing seriously. Planning some film night with those and friends now!

iu_988464_16926282.jpg

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-06 01:14:08

At 6/5/23 12:28 PM, Tenebrare wrote: Hehehe this arrived today! (sorry the quality, my phones memory card went bonkers and used my tablets camera which is older than this website - not quite, but point remains. )

Found my enthusiasm with this baby 2 months ago and a local cinema operator was kind enough to scramble some blurays and dvds for me.

I take my horror phases very seriously. *lol* Naah, i am a village idiot, never take me seriously as I take nothing seriously. Planning some film night with those and friends now!

Ooooo hell yeah!!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-07 01:49:28

nice a horror club

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-08 15:13:26

At 6/7/23 01:49 AM, Zyolluax wrote: nice a horror club

Thank you! come and discuss with us!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-09 00:29:44

At 6/8/23 03:13 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:

Sure! I keep this handy for sharing my taste so here's an image of my top 15 horror films.iu_991194_10515146.webp

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-09 14:33:18

At 6/9/23 12:29 AM, Zyolluax wrote:
Sure! I keep this handy for sharing my taste so here's an image of my top 15 horror films.

Im sad to see no Friday the 13th but I know the majority of all these films! Nice top 15!!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-09 18:55:12

At 6/9/23 02:33 PM, JasonToddVoorhees wrote:
At 6/9/23 12:29 AM, Zyolluax wrote:
Sure! I keep this handy for sharing my taste so here's an image of my top 15 horror films.
Im sad to see no Friday the 13th but I know the majority of all these films! Nice top 15!!

Thanks! I would definitely have a Friday the 13th in my top 20! Either the Final chapter, 7 or the remake!

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-10 06:42:28 (edited 2023-06-10 06:43:03)

The remakes rarely work with me with those films... for some reason.

Response to Horrorverse Fan Club 2023-06-12 23:49:33

At 6/10/23 06:42 AM, Tenebrare wrote: The remakes rarely work with me with those films... for some reason.

That's understandable sometimes the style the director takes with pacing and set pieces don't compare with the originals