00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BOTTO-NG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,180 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 18:18:34

At 8/11/08 02:07 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
Oh yeah I remember now, it began with G, the Gumbert or something like that. Cool if true, but as they said they'll struggle to find someone suicidal enough to try it.

I believe it was called a Gunter or somthing like that, it was German and it began with a G anyway.

The Atom is the very essance of a sports car, stripped down to its bare essentials, This is what the British have always dont to their cars, a good light chasie and an elagent engine up front ( or in the back, or in the middle, you get the idea)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-12 00:09:40

At 8/11/08 01:25 PM, NEVR wrote: I want an Ariel Atom, so that I can use g-force to effectively tear my own face off whilst I'm driving.

Nah, I just want to experience the incredible acceleration it provides. Must be amazing.

just go on rockin roller coaster at mgm studios in florida it has the same 0-60 as the atom

Baker256

(+.[__]+) PSP FTW

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-12 05:01:09

At 8/11/08 02:07 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 8/11/08 01:56 PM, NEVR wrote:
I forget the name -- it was the one that Hammond tested on the most recent episode of Top Gear... the really ugly one with the ugly name that ended up topping the fastest lap times board (I remember that much because Hammond proceeded to wipe out the lap times board in his attempt to reach the top).
Oh yeah I remember now, it began with G, the Gumbert or something like that. Cool if true, but as they said they'll struggle to find someone suicidal enough to try it.

That would be the Gumpert Apollo S which is possibly the most ugly supercar ever made. I'm still waiting for Top Gear to get hold of a Koenigsegg CCXR. I have no doubt that It will be the fastest car round the track including those that aren't street legal, with the exception of the F1.

In short, that would mean it would have to get round the track in under 1:08.6 (the current record is 1:17.1 by the Gumpert Apollo S) to beat the Aston Martin DBR9 which it should be able to do as, on paper, the CCXR is a far superior car.

Sig by madknt

Sig pinkified by jackmorrison

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-12 09:37:47

At 8/12/08 12:09 AM, baker256 wrote:
At 8/11/08 01:25 PM, NEVR wrote: I want an Ariel Atom, so that I can use g-force to effectively tear my own face off whilst I'm driving.

Nah, I just want to experience the incredible acceleration it provides. Must be amazing.
just go on rockin roller coaster at mgm studios in florida it has the same 0-60 as the atom

OK then, I'll make the 7 hour flight to Florida just to go on a roller coaster.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-12 21:30:18

The Atom is the very essance of a sports car, stripped down to its bare essentials, This is what the British have always dont to their cars, a good light chasie and an elagent engine up front ( or in the back, or in the middle, you get the idea)

....Always?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 07:20:32

I love the Ariel Atom. It rearranges your face whenever you're doing anything over 50 and it snaps your spine every time you go round a corner. In car world it weighs about the same as a twig, thanks to it having no bodywork and just the framework and the essential bits you need. That makes it aerodynmically inefficent, but you're going so quickly it really doesn't matter.

It even has a boot!

The Gumpert Apollo is pretty ugly, in fact it's fuck ugly. But it's fuck ugly for a reason. To give you huge downforce and to corner like a fly. And there's 3 different versions. One with 650bhp, one with 700bhp (the one that was on Top Gear) and then there's one with 850bhp. It's quite a machine...

Also, I've just got Level 21. Yay me!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 11:56:33

At 8/12/08 09:30 PM, SupraAddict wrote: ....Always?

Hey, direct no shit towards the Mini Cooper. Unless you're talking about the new versions owned by BMW... which took the essence out of the Mini.

The new ones aren't bad cars (except for the deplorable Mini Clubman, which makes me projectile vomit such a distance that if it were an Olympic event I'd take home the gold), they just aren't really Minis, they're BMW hatchbacks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 12:03:08

What are peoples opinions on the Ferrari F40?

Its my favourite supercar because i just think its epic and ferrari's best creation

The Car Enthusiasts Club

oh hi!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 12:33:32

Brilliant car, in my opinion one of the best looking ones they made, alongside the dino and the daytona, but, its a bit nerdy though, (not saying u are, the car) once you get inside your crammed with buttons and knobs that only einstein could understand, but overall, i prefer the ferrari's 400 :p

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 13:35:40

At 8/13/08 12:03 PM, 281-knilb wrote: What are peoples opinions on the Ferrari F40?

I personally prefer the Ferrari F50 in terms of aesthetics. If I could have any supercar though, it would probably be an Aston Martin DBS, because I'm british and I love Astons. Plus it's a beautiful car.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 14:26:50

All you need is this. Car news, car pictures/wallpapers. It's awesome.
And you can't beat a good old 1967 Ford Mustang, or a 1967 Pontiac GTO.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 16:10:37

If you thought of each country, what would the first car maker be that came to your head?
I did it, for me its:

England: Rover
Germany: BMW
U.S.A: Cadillac
France: Citroen
Japan: Honda
Russia: Lada
Italy: Ferrari

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 18:12:13

At 8/13/08 04:10 PM, Mistabling wrote: If you thought of each country, what would the first car maker be that came to your head?
I did it, for me its:

England: Rover

That doesn't exactly bode well for us...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-13 23:47:29

ok, let me try this....

England: Mini Cooper
Germany: Mercedes
U.S.A: Ford
France: Fiat
Japan: Toyota
Russia: .....lol whut?
Italy: Lamborghini

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-14 05:43:01

Guess I may as well have a go:

England: Jaguar
Germany: Volkswagen
U.S.A: Ford
France: Renault
Japan: Toyota
Russia: Lada
Italy: Ferrari

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-14 07:25:21

At 8/13/08 11:47 PM, SupraAddict wrote: England: Mini Cooper

That's better, although I'm assuming you're talking about the original Mini Cooper and not the BMW Mini Cooper.

At 8/14/08 05:43 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: England: Jaguar

Better still. Anything but Rover.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-14 12:40:49

Well fuck me, this is real.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-14 12:43:37

i want to buy a new car im 18 years old and i can only spend about 16 to 22 thousand but i still want to get a car that can give speed (doesnt matter if it is used)... Im not good with cars so can you guys give me suggestions please

kiss my ass!

im an attention whore DUR!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-14 12:50:06

At 8/14/08 12:40 PM, camobch0 wrote: Well fuck me, this is real.

...I'm not quite sure how to answer to that.

At 8/14/08 12:43 PM, Puzzled wrote: i want to buy a new car im 18 years old and i can only spend about 16 to 22 thousand but i still want to get a car that can give speed (doesnt matter if it is used)... Im not good with cars so can you guys give me suggestions please

Car for between 16-22 thousand, can be used, hmm. I'm a little bit short on ideas at the moment, maybe something like a used Impreza. Then again I'm not sure how pricey car insurance is in Canada.

Could you elaborate a bit more? As in how much would insurance cost approximately, and what size car you'd like (small hatchback, big saloon etc.)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-14 12:54:11

At 8/14/08 12:50 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 8/14/08 12:40 PM, camobch0 wrote: Well fuck me, this is real.
...I'm not quite sure how to answer to that.

At 8/14/08 12:43 PM, Puzzled wrote: i want to buy a new car im 18 years old and i can only spend about 16 to 22 thousand but i still want to get a car that can give speed (doesnt matter if it is used)... Im not good with cars so can you guys give me suggestions please
Car for between 16-22 thousand, can be used, hmm. I'm a little bit short on ideas at the moment, maybe something like a used Impreza. Then again I'm not sure how pricey car insurance is in Canada.

Could you elaborate a bit more? As in how much would insurance cost approximately, and what size car you'd like (small hatchback, big saloon etc.)

Car insurance for me over here can range from 1 to 2 thosand which is fine with me as for the car size i really dont mind... 4 door, 2 door, but im not too crazy about hatchbacks but i still like them... A nice car that has good pick up :P

kiss my ass!

im an attention whore DUR!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-15 16:09:14

At 8/14/08 12:54 PM, Puzzled wrote:
Car insurance for me over here can range from 1 to 2 thosand which is fine with me as for the car size i really dont mind... 4 door, 2 door, but im not too crazy about hatchbacks but i still like them... A nice car that has good pick up :P

Maybe it's coz I'm tired, but I can't think too well. Maybe something like the original Hyundai Coupe or a Toyota Celica?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-15 22:27:17

Maybe it's coz I'm tired, but I can't think too well. Maybe something like the original Hyundai Coupe or a Toyota Celica?

I'd go with a 95' Celica. They're pretty reliable, and aren't bad looking either.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-16 18:35:25

At 8/15/08 10:27 PM, SupraAddict wrote: I'd go with a 95' Celica. They're pretty reliable, and aren't bad looking either.

My dad had the new version of the Celica a few years ago, and it was pretty nice. Really low slung, though. Not really sure if it needed a 7-speed gearbox, but it had one nonetheless.

Also a LOL is in order as I just saw the episode of Top Gear where they try to prove that British Leyland is good... by filling their cars up with water and driving as far around the test track as they can get before the waterline goes below the bottom of their steering wheels. A pointless, yet hilariously brilliant test.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-16 21:05:30

At 8/15/08 10:27 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
I'd go with a 95' Celica. They're pretty reliable, and aren't bad looking either.

You arn't a Kiwi are you mate? thats a right hand drive and Nz is the only RHD country I know of where the insurance for a car like that isnt through the roof for somone under 25

and on a totaly unrelated note, the first thing that comes into my head when i think of British cars in the Bristol Fighter

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-17 05:11:41

lol how the hell are u supposed to see were ur going when ur reversing, theres a bar blocking ur view at the back.

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-17 05:13:18

apart from that , a very good car actually, reminds me of a T350 (PROBABLY A CAR WITH ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING REAR END EVER, the t350, not the fighter)

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-17 05:16:17

oh, and NEVR, its far from pointless, it sees which car has the best build quality, by keeping the water in, and how good the engine is to haul around a hell of a lot more weight than it should.

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-17 11:29:56

At 8/17/08 05:16 AM, Mistabling wrote: oh, and NEVR, its far from pointless, it sees which car has the best build quality, by keeping the water in, and how good the engine is to haul around a hell of a lot more weight than it should.

There are better ways of doing the same thing, I'm sure. They already tested the build quality as well with the bumpy road test, and tested the engine with the power test. This was just an excuse to do something crazy, which is classic Top Gear. I didn't say I didn't like it, at any rate.

Also, don't triple post. Think of everything you want to say in reply to a thread and put it in ONE post.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-17 11:45:27

sorry, its just i replied to the message above my first one, then i realised id forgotten to say something, so i added that in, then i saw your message, and replied to that, i dont purposely do it.

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-17 12:57:38

At 8/17/08 11:45 AM, Mistabling wrote: sorry, its just i replied to the message above my first one, then i realised id forgotten to say something, so i added that in, then i saw your message, and replied to that, i dont purposely do it.

Relax, it happens to the best of us.

BBS Signature