00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

eggomaniach just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,352 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-02 18:22:25

hey darknessdweller...

i watch top gear on bbc....you have to get the step above the basic cable to get that channel though...i upgraded our cable solely for top gear lol...

or you can get it off mininova...
i still think the best episode is the campervan holiday where it caught on fire while jeremy was cooking...lol.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-03 00:58:26

:the new supra

The supra looks ok, all new cars are tking that shape though, like the skyline, and that, similar shape to do the 350z.

Signiture made by insertfunnyusername!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-03 08:23:24

speaking of the 350z, what do you guys think of the 370z??

i think they took a gorgeous car and ruined it. :<

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-04 20:35:15

At 11/3/08 08:23 AM, zomgkerrie wrote: speaking of the 350z, what do you guys think of the 370z??

I have to disagree with you there zomgkerrie i like the 370z, not as good as the 350z and is not as good as i would expect in the z range but it is still a good car, are they the standardmags that come with the car? They suit the car very we'll, i wasn't expecting it to look so good the way you said it, but after my slow internet loaded it i thought it was good, hope there is more to come. Also have any of them been made for drift spec yet, i loved the 350 as a drift car?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-04 20:39:16

At 11/2/08 12:15 PM, darknessdweller wrote: darknessdweller is checking in on another Sunday...

At 10/26/08 07:48 PM, Millar-56 wrote: not of activity happening stm on here guys hwats going on,
Are you even a member here? And there was TONS of activity that day!

:: At 10/28/08 08:56 PM, Millar-56 wrote:

such as the skyline or evo,
Oooh, I liek the Nissan Skyline! 'Tis a pretty good car mang!
And I'm guessing Evo = Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution? :]

Yes i am a member, and i'm talking about the older skylines r32 and r33 from the early to mid ninetys new ones are fucking ugly, and yes of course it is the lancer evo...lution :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-04 20:54:24

At 11/4/08 08:35 PM, Millar-56 wrote:
At 11/3/08 08:23 AM, zomgkerrie wrote: speaking of the 350z, what do you guys think of the 370z??

I have to disagree with you there zomgkerrie i like the 370z, not as good as the 350z and is not as good as i would expect in the z range but it is still a good car, are they the standardmags that come with the car? They suit the car very we'll, i wasn't expecting it to look so good the way you said it, but after my slow internet loaded it i thought it was good, hope there is more to come. Also have any of them been made for drift spec yet, i loved the 350 as a drift car?

i just think the front half is very curved and the back windshield looks too angled and steep...not sure of the specs for the 370 yet..will look into it...
i do heart nissans....it will probably grow on me...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-04 22:04:39

At 11/4/08 08:54 PM, zomgkerrie wrote:
i just think the front half is very curved and the back windshield looks too angled and steep...not sure of the specs for the 370 yet..will look into it...
i do heart nissans....it will probably grow on me...

Yea i did notice that, the back winshield is slightly steep, but that is the way the carsa are going these days, all new cars are adopting this shape, and how do i make stuff look like quotations

::

And are we the only two active on here?!?

:Have been lately

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-06 16:55:00

Anyway, just dropping by to let you all know I'm still part of the club and I thought you might find this of intrest. It's called the Caterham Levante. It weighs roughly 500KG, has 420bhp as standard and if that's not gutsy enough there's the option to have it supercharged and increase it to 550bhp. It's quite the beast and the first lot have already sold out. Not a bad way to spend £100,000...

Hmmmmmmm, carbon fibre

gorgous car,

My Rover Metro GTi (Dont laugh, it had a 1.4 engine with twin overhead cam and a multi point injection system, went like shit of a shovel) has sadly died of rust. for the momen, because i really need a car in the next month i will probably picking a pergot 106 for a couple of hundred pounds.

However, because i don't want to drive something that crap unless I REALLY have to i have casting arround for alternatives. and I believe I have found one....

BEHOLD! the Fiat X1/9, yes its a Fiat, yes the last model made was in 1988 but it does have some redeaming features that blow those cons out of the water. It was styled by Bertonie before he went off to work forthe itallian stallians, it was the first mid-engined sports car available to the masses, its a two-seater convertable and the insurance cost £300 less than my metro

the thing is these things are classics so the insurance is very cheep compared to many newer cars.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-06 21:04:48

At 11/2/08 03:31 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 11/2/08 02:46 PM, SupraAddict wrote: We're gonna get along just finely.
You´re obviously a big Supra fan, what do you think of the new Supra concept?

I doubt it will take flight any time soon. laughably, that was promised in 08.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-07 15:23:59

its a two-seater convertable and the insurance cost £300 less than my metro

the thing is these things are classics so the insurance is very cheep compared to many newer cars.

It is a cheap car and your paying 300 pund insurance for it, why is insurance so expensive over there, is it compulsory?!?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-08 18:29:38

At 11/7/08 03:23 PM, Millar-56 wrote: its a two-seater convertable and the insurance cost £300 less than my metro

It is a cheap car and your paying 300 pund insurance for it, why is insurance so expensive over there, is it compulsory?!?

Oh yes.

Insurance in the UK is a fucking rip off. My Rover metro GTi cost be £670 pounds per year (3rd party, fire and theft) for the same policy (on clasic insurance) an X1/9 would cost me £410 (lowest quoted on money supermarket) I should point out that these quotes are both without any no clames bonus built up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-08 18:39:34

Sorry for the double post, but where do you live? I'd like to move to a place where car insurance isnt compulusery

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-09 13:10:59

At 11/8/08 06:29 PM, Leap wrote:
Insurance in the UK is a fucking rip off.

You think that's bad, try living in Ireland. As a male without a full license aged 18-25, depending on the engine size of my car I could be paying anywhere between 2000 and 6000 euro, not to mention getting fucked over with motor tax and VAT.

Then there's fuel costs, servicing and the like. That's half the reason I've not bothered to start driving yet.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-09 21:33:20

At 11/9/08 01:10 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 11/8/08 06:29 PM, Leap wrote:
Insurance in the UK is a fucking rip off.
You think that's bad, try living in Ireland. As a male without a full license aged 18-25, depending on the engine size of my car I could be paying anywhere between 2000 and 6000 euro, not to mention getting fucked over with motor tax and VAT.

Then there's fuel costs, servicing and the like. That's half the reason I've not bothered to start driving yet.

My grand am had a 3.3 v6 and basic insurance cost $600 for 6 month coverage but thats with it being a 92, airbags, and the anti-lock breaks (in the US you get discounts for safety equipment)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-09 23:57:35

I'm not insured on my car right now, because going to university in London means that I don't really need a car, so it's pointless paying insurance for something I'm not using. I really do miss driving though. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-10 14:50:07

At 11/9/08 12:55 PM, darknessdweller wrote:
How many pounds is a dollar? Here, we use $. And because I'm young, I don't quite know the conversions yet. heheh.. :)

We usually use £1 = $2 as a rule of thumb. And yes, it was a cheep car i was insuring, it only cost me £100 ($200) to buy, yearly insurance was costing me arround £650 ($1300).

A no-claims bonus is where you get a discount year on year if you dfon't make any calimes on your insurance (capped after a few years) if for example i am quotes £400 with no no-claimes, I might get quoted £300 for 1 year's no clames, £200 for 2 years etc, it is capped however, and it depends on the insurer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-11 20:57:12

At 11/8/08 06:39 PM, Leap wrote: Sorry for the double post, but where do you live? I'd like to move to a place where car insurance isnt compulusery

I live in New Zealand, i paid nz 1k for a car which is like 333 pounds, and i was only paying 4 dollers a week about 1.5 pounds a week haha thats third party fire and theft, real cheap i guess. Than god too that car got written the fuck off.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-11 20:59:01

oh and for pound to nz dollers it about 1 pound equals 3 dollers, so yea.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-11 21:25:42

At 11/9/08 11:57 PM, NEVR wrote: I'm not insured on my car right now, because going to university in London means that I don't really need a car, so it's pointless paying insurance for something I'm not using. I really do miss driving though. :(

Right about that. I'm in my Tech School for Automotive Training and I'm doing basic shit now. Taking out an Alternator (AC Generator). xD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-13 18:02:05

So seamonkey, how far into your course are you?

You must of just started right because taking out the alternator is really basic, people ho know next to nothing on cars, can do that, right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-13 19:10:26

At 11/11/08 08:59 PM, Millar-56 wrote: oh and for pound to nz dollers it about 1 pound equals 3 dollers, so yea.

Shut up, It's not our fault our economy sucks! oh wait...

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-13 21:47:12

At 11/13/08 06:02 PM, Millar-56 wrote: So seamonkey, how far into your course are you?

You must of just started right because taking out the alternator is really basic, people ho know next to nothing on cars, can do that, right?

Hahaha, not many people I know can R&R an Alternator, nor fix one. And I'm in my fourth class. I already did:
#1: Introduction to Automotive.
#2: Brakes
#3: Air Conditioning and electrical accessories.
#4: Basic Electrical

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-14 18:13:57

ok, Fair enough, guess you guys just take cars to mechanics when they need fixed!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-15 23:34:33

At 11/13/08 09:47 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 11/13/08 06:02 PM, Millar-56 wrote: So seamonkey, how far into your course are you?

Hahaha, not many people I know can R&R an Alternator, nor fix one. And I'm in my fourth class. I already did:
#1: Introduction to Automotive.
#2: Brakes
#3: Air Conditioning and electrical accessories.
#4: Basic Electrical

That's pretty good. I'm still learning the hybrid engine and how it works/what makes it work. I get its part electrical and part gas, but I need to know more about how one can set it at different speeds.

I know, I'm still a n00b at it. :/

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-15 23:40:56

At 11/14/08 06:13 PM, Millar-56 wrote: ok, Fair enough, guess you guys just take cars to mechanics when they need fixed!

Well I'm not about to take it to my local greengrocer am I?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-16 17:04:53

Did any of you guys catch the new Top Gear tonight? I liked their attempts to make the Renault Avantime faster than an Evo (not likely). Couldn't stop laughing when Clarkson's plywood splitter caught fire. That and the V6 blender, although I'm pretty sure drinking something made with raw beef (bones included of course) and bricks has to be a health risk.

And big news, the Dacia Sandero now has an offroad version!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-16 20:42:05

At 11/16/08 05:04 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Did any of you guys catch the new Top Gear tonight? I liked their attempts to make the Renault Avantime faster than an Evo (not likely). Couldn't stop laughing when Clarkson's plywood splitter caught fire. That and the V6 blender, although I'm pretty sure drinking something made with raw beef (bones included of course) and bricks has to be a health risk.

And big news, the Dacia Sandero now has an offroad version!

I haven't been seeing any of the new episodes of Top Gear lately...
I wanted to, but whenever it's on BBC America, I miss it. I did manage to see the one where he gets shot at by snipers though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-23 14:47:57

so it's pointless paying insurance for something I'm not using. I really do miss driving though. :(
YA RLY.
And I don't even drive yet. But, I'd be all over the road, as that's what I do in video games!

When you do drive, go for stick-it's more fun to drive, but you might stall, or pop the clutch on the first rounds with it. I know I did XD Automatic isn't even close to manual-the only reason why people do, is either they don't know how to drive stick, or are too lazy to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-23 15:38:12

I'd never even bother driving an automatic transmission car unless I absolutely had no other choice. Manuals are so much better to drive; I like having that extra bit of control.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-11-23 15:50:26

At 11/23/08 03:38 PM, NEVR wrote: I'd never even bother driving an automatic transmission car unless I absolutely had no other choice. Manuals are so much better to drive; I like having that extra bit of control.

Same thing here. The first car I ever drove, I think was an Automatic Subaru Impreza(It was a rental car). Then I got my hands around a 97 Jetta GL. It was the boxiest piece of crap I've ever seen, but the transmission worked like a charm <3. Btw, NEVR, what kind of car do you drive?

BBS Signature