00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,324 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-16 04:07:32

At 9/14/08 06:40 PM, Puzzled wrote: i might buy an 98-99 used audi but i was wondering how much the insurance would cost :S
im 18 and i live in canada

I have no idea how much insurance in Canada is, but if you´re 18 and only recently got your license and you want either a 1.8 Turbo or a 2.0 V6, prices aren´t going to be cheap.

Insurance in England is too expensive. My little cousin who´s 18 too has a 1.6 citroen saxo and he pays about 2,300 pounds (probably nearly $4,000) a year, where as i in Spain pay about EU700 a year for my 1.6 Golf. Big differences in countries, so i have no idea what it´s like in Canada.

Also, Audi´s are getting alot better now a days.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-17 07:56:44

My little cousin who´s 18 too has a 1.6 citroen saxo and he pays about 2,300 pounds (probably nearly
$4,000) a year

GEEZ! That's just insane for insurance every year, that's about $332 (191 pounds) a month! God almighty I'd be losing out full paychecks if I was paying that much on my '94 VW Jetta. Over here in America my insurance is only about $2,400 (probably about 1,380 pounds) a year. Wow that's just crazy, I'm glad insurance isn't like that for me.

Also, audi seems to be getting better

I agree, Audi has been on a strong going ball lately, I hope it keeps up, they're going to be pretty good considering they also keep their ownership of Lamborghini close to their hearts, and plus with all of them being in the giant alliance of companies held together by Volkswagen, I think it's safe to say these are going to be good years for European autos. :)

PSNID: Gran-Turismo-Man

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-17 19:48:52

guess im not gonna get the audi haha

damn that sucks that insurance companies charge boys to the balls

i guess im just gonna keep my 99 civic :(....

kiss my ass!

im an attention whore DUR!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-18 17:40:49

I think you're right... but I thought the Zonda was more of a production car? Like maybe they made 200 of them or something...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-18 17:42:37

At 9/16/08 04:07 AM, Life-Stream wrote:

they are starting to look better than the bmws and the mercedes in my opinion

kiss my ass!

im an attention whore DUR!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-18 17:43:07

That sucks... the Skyline is a awesome car. Have you seen the new one?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-18 21:06:54

At 9/18/08 05:43 PM, fuzz97 wrote: That sucks... the Skyline is a awesome car. Have you seen the new one?

Sorry to point this out, but I think the new GTR isn't in the skyline family...

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-19 04:13:27

At 9/17/08 07:56 AM, Hollow-Ichigo-777 wrote: I agree, Audi has been on a strong going ball lately, I hope it keeps up, they're going to be pretty good considering they also keep their ownership of Lamborghini close to their hearts, and plus with all of them being in the giant alliance of companies held together by Volkswagen, I think it's safe to say these are going to be good years for European autos. :)

Yeah, i agree, there are alot of good cars coming out of Europe lately, especially Germany in my opinion. VW, Mercedes, BMW and Audi are bringing out some really nice cars. They´re nice, reliable cars, but you have to pay for that quality aswell, and they don´t come cheap :(

At 9/18/08 03:49 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Never heard of space cruiser vans but they do sound shitty! I;m fucking sick of riding in a minivan! D:<

Yeah, the space cruisers are basically mini-vans.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-19 08:13:29

At 9/19/08 04:13 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Yeah, i agree, there are alot of good cars coming out of Europe lately, especially Germany in my opinion. VW, Mercedes, BMW and Audi are bringing out some really nice cars. They´re nice, reliable cars, but you have to pay for that quality aswell, and they don´t come cheap :(

Germany are good in general for car manufacture... although last I heard, Mercedes weren't as amazing in terms of build quality and efficiency as they used to be. 10 years ago or so, they were consistently one of the top 3 highest rated reliable car manufacturers... now they're not even one of the top 20.

I think Mazda are currently the most reliable car manufacturer. Japanese = reliability.

As for other German manufacturers: I've always had a soft spot for BMW. Indifferent to Audi and VW -- although most VW drivers I see on the roads drive like total assholes ;P

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-09-20 05:29:43

At 9/19/08 08:13 AM, NEVR wrote: Germany are good in general for car manufacture... although last I heard, Mercedes weren't as amazing in terms of build quality and efficiency as they used to be. 10 years ago or so, they were consistently one of the top 3 highest rated reliable car manufacturers... now they're not even one of the top 20.

Really? I think people will still buy Mercedes for the name really. You got offer someone a top quality Skoda or a normal-ish Mercedes and i think most people would take the Mercedes.
They´ve established their name in the car industry as one of the best, so now, i guess they can afford to lower quality and get away with it.

I still think their Mercedes McLaren is a beauty, and from what i´ve seen on Top Gear and other shows, it drives amazing. I saw one when i went to Monaco 2 years ago. (pic below)

I think Mazda are currently the most reliable car manufacturer. Japanese = reliability.

Yeah, Japanese cars are among the best in my opinion. I´ve always loved Honda, Nissan, Toyota and even Mazda have some lovely cars like the old RX7 and the newer RX8. My next car will probably be Japanese.

As for other German manufacturers: I've always had a soft spot for BMW. Indifferent to Audi and VW -- although most VW drivers I see on the roads drive like total assholes ;P

Oi! VW drivers sre the best around ;) It´s those Ford Ka drivers you wanna watch out for :P

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-01 00:40:06

At 9/21/08 08:20 AM, darknessdweller wrote:
At 9/16/08 04:07 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 9/14/08 06:40 PM, Puzzled wrote:
Yes, they truly are! Have you seen the Hotwheels 2008 NEW MODELS? Their Audi is great!
But all Audi's look good now!

...I don't think I'm on the same page as you....

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-01 05:41:58

At 9/21/08 08:20 AM, darknessdweller wrote: Yes, they truly are! Have you seen the Hotwheels 2008 NEW MODELS? Their Audi is great!
But all Audi's look good now!

Dude, i´d rather look at the real cars rather than some little toy car.

At 10/1/08 12:40 AM, SupraAddict wrote: ...I don't think I'm on the same page as you....

XD, lol

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-03 19:37:14

Well... I think I'm going to resign here guys, sorry. The lack of a club leader kind of defeats the purpose of discipline n' sh*t.

Hit you on the NG,
-supra

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 12:39:30

Shit, this place has gone dead. As a founding member I'd be happy to take over if some or all the other members gave me their blessing.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 12:47:48

At 10/5/08 12:39 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Shit, this place has gone dead. As a founding member I'd be happy to take over if some or all the other members gave me their blessing.

There´s nothing really to being a club leader really. There´s nothing else you can do, but if it makes ya feel special - you have my blessing :P

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 12:51:27

At 10/5/08 12:47 PM, Life-Stream wrote: There´s nothing really to being a club leader really. There´s nothing else you can do, but if it makes ya feel special - you have my blessing :P

Thanks <3

It would be a shame for a good club like this to dissappear into the abyss, just need a few more people now...

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 12:53:12

At 10/3/08 07:37 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Well... I think I'm going to resign here guys, sorry. The lack of a club leader kind of defeats the purpose of discipline n' sh*t.

Sorry I've been really inactive here guys, shit's been going on in my life, and it's not gonna end anytime soon.

At 10/5/08 12:39 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Shit, this place has gone dead. As a founding member I'd be happy to take over if some or all the other members gave me their blessing.

Giving absolute control to one member is a bad idea, since shit can happen, as I've proven.

How about this: due to my inactivity, I am granting you, Rohan and SupraAddict (assuming he withdraws his resignation) control over the club, vis-a-vis keeping it going, accepting new members etc. As founding members, you deserve it. As for HTID, he's disappeared as far as I can see.

Also, if you guys are not around, I would be grateful if NEVR and Life-Stream would also act in this role. I could understand if NEVR can't with his modship duties, but both of you are seasoned BBS users with the maturity to keep this club on the right track.

As well as day-to-day running, if there are any outstanding members who you guys feel should have some power in the running of the club, decide it with consensus please.

In a nutshell, here's the new chain of command:

-RohantheBarbarian, BobbaQ and (hopefully) SupraAddict: Club leaders
-NEVR and Life-Stream: Leaders in the absence of the above guys.
-After that, the other members can make decisions by consensus.

Sorry about this guys, hopefully I will be around soon enough, but who knows.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:00:24

Holy shit, I had a feeling things were a bit stale, but this isn't good at all. I feel that this is partially my fault, as it's been a while since I've posted here.

At 10/5/08 12:53 PM, MGSTroll wrote:
Sorry I've been really inactive here guys, shit's been going on in my life, and it's not gonna end anytime soon.

That sucks man, hope you pull through ok.

How about this: due to my inactivity, I am granting you, Rohan and SupraAddict (assuming he withdraws his resignation) control over the club, vis-a-vis keeping it going, accepting new members etc. As founding members, you deserve it. As for HTID, he's disappeared as far as I can see.

Assuming that nobody has any objections to this, I would be more than willing to work alongside you guys in the runing of the club.

-RohantheBarbarian, BobbaQ and (hopefully) SupraAddict: Club leaders
-NEVR and Life-Stream: Leaders in the absence of the above guys.
-After that, the other members can make decisions by consensus.

Again, I would have no issues with this. If it can help to resurrect the club then I will accept this.

Sorry about this guys, hopefully I will be around soon enough, but who knows.

Hope things work out for you dude.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:00:46

Ok, I will not resign, and it isn't about leadership that has gotten to me, it is the lack of conversation-a very common club-killer. MGSTroll, I'd be happy to co-lead, but you still have the role of leader, which means the painful task of updates every week or so(trust me, I know it's a pain in the neck, because of my crew, but its an important role.)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:05:06

At 10/5/08 01:00 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Ok, I will not resign, and it isn't about leadership that has gotten to me, it is the lack of conversation-a very common club-killer. MGSTroll, I'd be happy to co-lead, but you still have the role of leader, which means the painful task of updates every week or so(trust me, I know it's a pain in the neck, because of my crew, but its an important role.)

I understand that the lack of conversation is a problem, but hopefully a shake-up will get things back on track.

As for me retaining leadership, I wouldn't mind it, but for the foreseeable future I'm gonna be inactive. Could one of the new leaders copy/paste the members list in my blog and put it in their one? With my inactivity, I won't be able to keep it up to date.

Also, could you PM the others on that list to see if they are interested in retaining their membership? If they don't respond in a week, cut them from the list. If they return eventually, put them back on it.

Goodbye guys, hopefully I will return soon, but things don't look too good right now.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:06:34

I'd probably be OK with looking over the club in something of an advisory position. I'd mod it anyway if there was something that needed my attention, but I'd feel more comfortable letting the other guys you mentioned take the driving seat so that I can just sit back and only pull rank if / when I need to.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:06:53

At 10/5/08 01:05 PM, MGSTroll wrote:
As for me retaining leadership, I wouldn't mind it, but for the foreseeable future I'm gonna be inactive. Could one of the new leaders copy/paste the members list in my blog and put it in their one? With my inactivity, I won't be able to keep it up to date.

I'll take care of it, it's been a while since I've updated my blog anyway.

Also, could you PM the others on that list to see if they are interested in retaining their membership? If they don't respond in a week, cut them from the list. If they return eventually, put them back on it.

Bobba and Supra, could one of you guys please take care of this? Just get back to be about who ahs responded and who hasn't, and I'll update accordingly.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:08:41

Well thank God for that. Long live the CEC!

I wasn't trying to do a coup or nothing, honest :P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:15:10

Very expensive, Very Rare, Very powerful

The Car Enthusiasts Club

WOOTAHOOTA

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:17:56

Well guys, I've assumed responsibility for the memberlist, I sent a PM to MGSTroll and he gave his blessing. It's on by blog page, please take a look to ensure there are no errors. I also posted the current chain of command, but as he founded the club, I've afforded MGS the luxury of returning to full power should things in his life work out.

As for PMing other members to gauge their commitment to the club, I apologise if it seemed like I was trying to shirk that responsibility, but with my variable activity due to college I wouldn't want to impede progress.

I know that I asked Supra and Bobba to take care of that, but if you guys can't I'll see what I can do.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:21:49

At 10/5/08 01:17 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Well guys, I've assumed responsibility for the memberlist, I sent a PM to MGSTroll and he gave his blessing. It's on by blog page, please take a look to ensure there are no errors. I also posted the current chain of command, but as he founded the club, I've afforded MGS the luxury of returning to full power should things in his life work out.

Thanks again for taking care of that for me :)

As for PMing other members to gauge their commitment to the club, I apologise if it seemed like I was trying to shirk that responsibility, but with my variable activity due to college I wouldn't want to impede progress.

Don't worry about that, taking care of the memberlist is enough.

I know that I asked Supra and Bobba to take care of that, but if you guys can't I'll see what I can do.

That's a little unfair on you to be honest Rohan. How about this: if Bobba and Supra don't want to do it, any member can volunteer to do it, as long as they PM you first. It's only a once-off job, after one week it will be taken care of.

Well guys, this is where I take my leave. See you guys.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-05 13:23:30

At 10/5/08 01:06 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Bobba and Supra, could one of you guys please take care of this? Just get back to be about who ahs responded and who hasn't, and I'll update accordingly.

I'll do it but it'll be a while before I can do it because I've got work and some other stuff to sort out before I go to bed tonight. If I don't get around to doing it in an hour could you ask Supra to do it instead please? I'll let you know when I've PM'd everyone on the roster list on your profile.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-07 02:59:44

I know cars and when I say to stay away it is usually a good idea so to everyone 'say no to Chinese cars'

this car failed in every crash test, its called the 'brilliance' and it's not brilliant in any way

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-07 05:49:51

At 10/7/08 02:59 AM, KingOfSnipers wrote: I know cars and when I say to stay away it is usually a good idea so to everyone 'say no to Chinese cars'
this car failed in every crash test, its called the 'brilliance' and it's not brilliant in any way

If i was ever going to buy a new car it would either be Japanese or German, i´d never look at a chinese car.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-10-07 21:54:19

defintly japanese cars they are the best, mostly the nissans rwd eg. the silvias cefiros and skylines. Silivias are really good drift cars.

Signiture made by insertfunnyusername!

BBS Signature