00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErziEngel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,355 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-27 23:07:40

At 8/26/09 04:18 PM, BobbaQ wrote: LOL, this club is still going? I havn't posted here in ages. Well, I'm probably a bit late but the recent series of Top Gear was great and the autumn series is going to be awesome as the chaps are doing a remake of The Italian Job in Renault Twingos.

The main reason it's stayed even remotely alive these last couple months is because I bump it once every couple of weeks and occasionally somebody else chimes in. It's just a good source to leave info about my car other then my blog. Also gets me +1 post, and a small amount of attention. :D

Top Gear is pretty cool, although it seems like anything that isn't Euro, or pretty much super car status Clarkson just won't shut up about how "Bollocks" it is.

That guy always got on my nerves with how biased he is.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-28 06:04:34

At 8/21/09 01:01 AM, TheFaces wrote: Wow... This is possibly the sickest Z32 i've ever seen.
Inside, and out this thing is just perfection from every standpoint.

OMG, that is beautiful! I'd love to have a 300 like that! But the guy must have spent so much money on that......money i don't have XD

My favourite thing on that car are those awesome exhausts.....smexy!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-28 07:01:12

I know its not the sweetest thing in the world, But I just got my hands on a VN Commodore. Its pretty stock standard at the moment, and in a 10 month process, This things going to be a whole heap better looking, and charge a lot harder too.

Its a V6, and an automatic. 1992 model.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-28 23:55:02

At 8/28/09 07:01 AM, iCurrie wrote: I know its not the sweetest thing in the world, But I just got my hands on a VN Commodore. Its pretty stock standard at the moment, and in a 10 month process, This things going to be a whole heap better looking, and charge a lot harder too.

Its a V6, and an automatic. 1992 model.

Hey look at it this way. It might not be a Ferrari, or a Lamborghini, but it's still going to outrun the kid next door that rides a skateboard. Right?
Not to mention that thing is probably REALLY comfy, I bet it has A/C, heater, and a CD player.

Now here's a few comparison that should make you feel better about your car.

Race:
I own a 1987 300Zx N/A
It has a 3.0 V6 making roughly 160hp, and 174 lb/ft of torque from the factory. This is a rating taken from the engine, not the wheels. So over 194,000 miles of wear, and compensating for the driveline, I would estimate that my car makes something around 120 hp, and MAYBE 140 lb/ft of torque.

You have a 3.8 V6 making 165 hp, and 220 lb/ft of torque from the factory. Now if I compensate for driveline, I would wager you're putting down somewhere around 130 hp, and at the most you're losing 40 lb/ft putting you at 180 lb/ft of torque.

Now mind you when you race horsepower dosn't matter nearly as much as torque unless you're talking about rally, circuit, or highspeed runs. A simple quarter mile drag race for cars like the ones we drive depends pretty much solely on your torque ratings.
So you have 180 lb/ft vs. my 140 lb/ft. Now granted my car weighs 3200lbs, in comparison to what i'm going to guess at around 3700 lbs.
So in a drag race if you don't beat me, you are probably going to hang with me, and won't get left behind. The only racing advantage my car has over yours is during turns. At that time I can guarantee I would start putting distance on you due to my cars superior suspension, breaks, and weight distribution.

Comfort/Drivability:
I have a two seater car with no options except for power window. My car has failing A/C, and my heater sucks.
You have a four seater car probably with power drivers seat, decent A/C, decent heat, power windows, and I would bet that each one of your seats are more comfortable then either one of mine.

Now you remember that suspension I talked about awhile ago? Well while as it may give me an advantage in a race, it beats the shit out of my back while i'm driving around, while as you probably hardly even notice small up's/down's in the road.

Also you may notice that I didn't mention an automatic transmission in my list of options. I have a five speed manual transmission. This means that if I get stuck in a traffic jam, my clutch kills my leg, while as all you have to do is feather your breaks as you stop, and go. All the while you're nice and cool in your comfy seat, and i'm sweating through my teeth, as my seat, and suspension punish me further.

Now then, after reading all of this, do you feel more content with your car? So just remember when you're driving down the road in your Commodore, and the kid in the old sports car blows past you, just remember that when you guys run into a traffic jam down the road, you'll catch up, and he'll be wishing he had all of your options then.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 03:04:58

Okay well, i'm going to post again since nobody else seems to have anything interesting to say.

I found out the other day that I need a new oil pan gasket. I also finally fixed my passenger side window, so it now rolls up, and down again. And last but not least I have a spoiler on my car.
There's more in my blog if anybody cares to read into the details. Also, picture of the spoiler there.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 09:43:39

At 8/30/09 03:04 AM, TheFaces wrote: I found out the other day that I need a new oil pan gasket. I also finally fixed my passenger side window, so it now rolls up, and down again. And last but not least I have a spoiler on my car.
There's more in my blog if anybody cares to read into the details. Also, picture of the spoiler there.

Haha, i had to fix my passenger side window aswell, lol. The electric motor worked fine, but for some reason, when i got the car the mechanism that holds the window, and slides it up and down was gone completely. So i went to a scrap yard and picked up a cheap one and put it on myself.

Also, nice little stock spoiler there ;)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 17:51:09

Hello everyone!

I don't come much anymore to NG... But this thread made me want to visit more often!

I'm what you would call a car spotter. I like to spot cars. But not just any cars. LUXURY cars.
Some would call them SUPERCARS. So I make some pictures, but mostly videos of these cars.
And I'd like to share them with you car enthusiasts!

For starters:

GOLD FERRARI 599 by HAMANN [[ VIDEO]]

Teaser (picture by me):

The Car Enthusiasts Club

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 18:25:58

How does he see when he drives toward a setting, or rising sun?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 18:38:14

At 8/30/09 05:51 PM, alexsmolik wrote: GOLD FERRARI 599 by HAMANN [[ VIDEO]]

Damn beautiful car. Must have cost the guy a fortune.

Where do you live?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 19:03:08

At 8/30/09 06:38 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Damn beautiful car. Must have cost the guy a fortune.

Haha, you're damn right. But I wouldn't worry about him. It's from saudi arabia (oil...).

Where do you live?

I live in Paris.

It's nice to have some supercars fan on NG!
Check out this matte black Lamborghini LP-640 with ... PINK INTERIOR!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 19:28:27

Alex Smolik = alive?!? Holy Shit dude! You remember me right? It's been fucking forever since I've seen you on here. Like 03. Haha. How've you been?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 19:28:59

At 8/30/09 07:03 PM, alexsmolik wrote:
Where do you live?
I live in Paris.

Nice place. I visited Paris many years ago.

It's nice to have some supercars fan on NG!
Check out this matte black Lamborghini LP-640 with ... PINK INTERIOR!

Another damn nice car. I said it once in this club a long time ago, but you wasn't around - my father is a mechanic and made himself a Lamborghini Countach kit car. It's not the real thing, but it looks damn awesome. I'll see if i can find some pics a bit later.

Also, i think the best car i have seen in person on the road is the Mercedes McLaren when i visited Monaco a few years back.
Man that place was full of supercars. I saw Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Porsche's driving around like they're normal cars out there!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 20:04:18

At 8/30/09 07:28 PM, michelinman wrote: Alex Smolik = alive?!? Holy Shit dude! You remember me right? It's been fucking forever since I've seen you on here. Like 03. Haha. How've you been?

Well pretty good I guess! I don't come to NG as much as I used to, like you noticed lol. I'm a law student now, 4th year, and it's kind of hard but meh. Lots of work, for an eventual lots of pay later! I got fat but lost it all and I'm feeling better than ever! =D

my father is a mechanic and made himself a Lamborghini Countach kit car. It's not the real thing, but it looks damn awesome. I'll see if i can find some pics a bit later.

I'd like to see what it looks like! :)

Man that place was full of supercars.

Like they say, in Monaco, Porsche is the poor's car! :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-30 20:08:16

At 8/30/09 08:04 PM, alexsmolik wrote: Well pretty good I guess! I don't come to NG as much as I used to, like you noticed lol. I'm a law student now, 4th year, and it's kind of hard but meh. Lots of work, for an eventual lots of pay later! I got fat but lost it all and I'm feeling better than ever! =D

Yeah I've been busy as shit most of the time lately too. I stopped coming for a few years after the OCP got locked because that was pretty much the best part about this site to me. Been doing the whole army thing lately. Haha. Lots of work for eventual lots of pay here too. Going to college in Reno once i get out, then get me one of those fat military contractor paychecks when i get out. :) You've got me looking through all my old posts from back then now. Haha.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-31 19:55:50

Mercedes SLR mclaren 722 S. Pretty nice car.
There are two in the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGngxbzY6 zs (one red, one white).
Hope you'll like my find! :)

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-31 20:11:54

At 8/31/09 07:55 PM, alexsmolik wrote: Mercedes SLR mclaren 722 S. Pretty nice car.
There are two in the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGngxbzY6 zs (one red, one white).
Hope you'll like my find! :)

:D Awesome car. The same i saw in Monaco.
You're lucky to see so many damn awesome cars around!

Oh yeah, do you drive yourself?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-02 17:14:39

I'm going to a meet up with my old Z club tonight. There are sure to be lots of nice cars, and i'll be sure to take some pictures. More to come later.

Oh, I slapped an old Datsun badge on my cars deck lid the other day. Now it's the same as the 84 300zx's, that's it for my update.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-04 13:29:10

At 8/31/09 08:11 PM, Life-Stream wrote: You're lucky to see so many damn awesome cars around!

Yes I kind of am... :)

Oh yeah, do you drive yourself?

No haha. I only ride a bike (which was stolen three days ago, by the way...)!! Kinda sucks.

You think I'm lucky ?

Wait until you see this ...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-11 23:57:48

At 9/4/09 01:29 PM, alexsmolik wrote:
No haha. I only ride a bike (which was stolen three days ago, by the way...)!! Kinda sucks.

i feel ur pain... i feel ur pain!

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-13 10:21:55

So yesterday i went to a race track a few hours from where i live. There were 4 races on. Mini Challenge, Seat Leon National Cup, National GT cup, Peugeot 207 National Cup. It was a pretty cool day, but without a doubt the highlight of the day was the GT race.

Tuned up Ferrari's battling it out with tuned up Lamborghini's, Porsche's and Aston Martins, all loud as hell - Awesome.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-17 22:08:21

At 9/13/09 10:21 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
Tuned up Ferrari's battling it out with tuned up Lamborghini's, Porsche's and Aston Martins, all loud as hell - Awesome.

BORING!!!!! hoveround championships way better!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-18 06:27:34

At 9/17/09 10:08 PM, ghostxero wrote:
At 9/13/09 10:21 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
BORING!!!!! hoveround championships way better!

That... actually looks pretty fun. >_>

So then. I went, and helped my friend replace the fuel pump on his 85 Turbo Z yesterday. Let me tell you... that was a damn job, and a half considering the amount of actual "Work" we were doing. It took us literally all afternoon. (12:00 PM - 10:00 PM) Just absolutely NOTHING went right.
We got everything out all fine and good, but that's when the problems started. He supposedly knew a guy that had a replacement that he was going to give him. Well, we went and picked it up, only to discover that the guy had the damn thing in his trunk flying around for the last week, and a half, and it was completely useless. So we went to two different junkyards to try and harvest one from another Z or an Infinity J30. We ended up finding a Q45, and figgured it was worth a shot. We wasted about twenty minutes dropping the tank, and pulling out what turned out to be a completely, and obviously different pump. So we left, and went back to his house, and called up this guy Brody with a really sick 85 Turbo Z with a front mount intercooler, and lots of other nonsense like that. He has like four spare Z's just sitting around collecting dirt in his backyard, so we harvested one of them.
Well with new pump in hand, we went back to Gil's house, and proceeded upon the task of putting it in. WHOOO!!! Nothing wanted to fit right, and it took us six hours to finally get everything back together. Once we got it done, put some gas in the tank, and got the car started though, he called up his racing team, and we cruised around town for awhile, and hit up a Denny's around 11:00 with twelve sports cars.
It was pretty cool. I didn't have my camera though.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-18 07:28:00

At 9/17/09 10:08 PM, ghostxero wrote: BORING!!!!! hoveround championships way better!

Mah, that looks like something a handicapped person would drive -_-

At 9/18/09 06:27 AM, TheFaces wrote: So then. I went, and helped my friend replace the fuel pump on his 85 Turbo Z yesterday.

Nice story.

twelve sports cars. It was pretty cool. I didn't have my camera though.

Now that's a shame.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-18 19:46:44

At 9/18/09 07:28 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 9/18/09 06:27 AM, TheFaces wrote: So then. I went, and helped my friend replace the fuel pump on his 85 Turbo Z yesterday.
Nice story.

Thank You.

twelve sports cars. It was pretty cool. I didn't have my camera though.
Now that's a shame.

Yeah no kidding. There were SIX Z31's, Four Honda's (Two of which were EG hatch's), an 89' RX-7, and a red Mk-2 Supra.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-18 21:34:59

none of those can take my stock 87 integra rs.......

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-18 21:59:04

At 9/18/09 07:46 PM, TheFaces wrote: Yeah no kidding. There were SIX Z31's, Four Honda's (Two of which were EG hatch's), an 89' RX-7, and a red Mk-2 Supra.

Ohh...i like EG hatch's. The rest are nice too. But why all old versions?

At 9/18/09 09:34 PM, ghostxero wrote: none of those can take my stock 87 integra rs.......

I wouldn't be so sure....

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-18 23:18:14

At 9/18/09 09:59 PM, Life-Stream wrote:

At 9/18/09 09:34 PM, ghostxero wrote: none of those can take my stock 87 integra rs.......
I wouldn't be so sure....

dude screw you im running 4 turbos and a 300 shot nos system on oily slicks with no brakes and no seats to lighten it for speed, ibeat a bugatti veyron for slips but i didnt want it so i gave it to charity.....

all of this is true!

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-19 07:29:23

At 9/18/09 11:18 PM, ghostxero wrote: dude screw you im running 4 turbos and a 300 shot nos system on oily slicks with no brakes and no seats to lighten it for speed, ibeat a bugatti veyron for slips but i didnt want it so i gave it to charity.....

all of this is true!

Ofcourse it is. We all believe you -_-

Serious talk now please?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-19 11:22:05

ok ok, hahahaha, really do have an 87 acura integra though looking to ad turbo and ore a bit and what not....

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-09-20 03:45:28

At 9/19/09 11:22 AM, ghostxero wrote: ok ok, hahahaha, really do have an 87 acura integra though looking to ad turbo and ore a bit and what not....

Well i'm glad you're being serious now. What engine? Is it a stickshift?

At 9/18/09 09:59 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 9/18/09 07:46 PM, TheFaces wrote: Yeah no kidding. There were SIX Z31's, Four Honda's (Two of which were EG hatch's), an 89' RX-7, and a red Mk-2 Supra.
Ohh...i like EG hatch's. The rest are nice too. But why all old versions?

They're all older cars because they're available, don't cost as much as newer ones, they're cheaper on insurance, and because Retro is where it's at, yo.

Also, just for reference, two of the Z31's run in the twelves, the other one runs 14's, and I don't know what my car will do in the quarter yet. (Oil leaks=No Track) The Rx-7 is in the mid 13's. The Supra hasn't been run yet, but it keeps up with the twelve second Z31's. And one of the EG's runs fourteens. The rest I don't know about.