00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bi9ballz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,179 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 16:43:36

Cool, second page! Well at least we've survived this long.

Anyway, Exiges are damn good, as are Speedsters (I'm assuming that's what you posted Rohan) but personally I'd have a Honda S2000. Maybe I've watched The Fast and the Furious too many times!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 16:52:01

At 6/25/08 04:43 PM, MGSTroll wrote: Cool, second page! Well at least we've survived this long.

Anyway, Exiges are damn good, as are Speedsters (I'm assuming that's what you posted Rohan) but personally I'd have a Honda S2000. Maybe I've watched The Fast and the Furious too many times!

Are you sure? Remember the second Fast and the Furious?
Then again, maybe pink's your color :P

lol I'm JK

The Car Enthusiasts Club

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-25 22:41:14

At 6/25/08 04:43 PM, MGSTroll wrote: Cool, second page! Well at least we've survived this long.

So what is your favorite car exactly, MGS? The fast and the Furious is a great film, but I think it lacks a good depth.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 02:53:53

At 6/25/08 10:41 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
So what is your favorite car exactly, MGS? The fast and the Furious is a great film, but I think it lacks a good depth.

I agree with you, it is a little shallow. But what can I say, I'm something of a testosterone junkie!

Well, my overall fave car is the Koenigsegg CCX, simply because it is absolutely insane. But my fave "tuner" car (ala Fast & the Furious) is the Honda S2000. Don't ask me why, I just love it!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 03:02:29

I'm not a nutter for cars, but I do enjoy talking and looking at the petrol-driven beauties. Can I join?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 03:47:45

At 6/26/08 03:02 AM, HTID wrote: I'm not a nutter for cars, but I do enjoy talking and looking at the petrol-driven beauties. Can I join?

Sure HTID you're in. Would you mind putting the club in your sig?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 03:53:14

Sorry for double posting

OFFICIAL CLUB DECLARATION

We now have 5 members
-Myself
-RohantheBarbarian
-BobbaQ
-SupraAddict
-HTID

Since these four were the first "founding" members of this club. I have decided to give them powers. More specifically, I'm giving these four permission to accept new members should I not be around. I only ask that in return that they ask new members to put the club in their sig if possible.

Thanks.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 03:57:10

Wow, I wake up, eat, get dressed, log on and discover I have "powers"? Now that's a good start to the day!

Thanks MGS, I do appreciate this privilege.

Welcome HTID, hope you'll like things around here.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 07:55:38

At 6/26/08 03:57 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
Welcome HTID, hope you'll like things around here.

Thanks, I do. This crew has a lot of potential. Anyway, I'll kick things off with a 'First Car' topic. Let us know about your first car, or the car you want for your first. I'm off to bed now, but I'll fill you all in as soon as I can.

Take care.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 08:14:33

At 6/25/08 01:04 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Anyway, here she is, in all her glory (why do people always call it "she"?).

Regardless of the car's gender, the driver appears to be disabled. My guess is blind, as they can't even pull the car into one parking bay designed for disabled drivers :P

Also, New Police Cars at about 40 mins Top Gear really do have some good fun.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 11:26:05

At 6/26/08 07:55 AM, HTID wrote:
Thanks, I do. This crew has a lot of potential. Anyway, I'll kick things off with a 'First Car' topic. Let us know about your first car, or the car you want for your first. I'm off to bed now, but I'll fill you all in as soon as I can.

Take care.

Well as you can probably guess by my age I don't own a car just yet ;-)

Up to now I haven't thought about what I'd like as a first car. I'd like a sportyish (is that a word?) car, something like a Hyundai Coupé. Realistically though, I'll probably end up with a VW Polo or something along those lines. Apart from the high insurance for a young male driver, and the fact that Irish car taxes are ridiculous, since I'll be in college later this year I won't exactly be swimming in cash.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 11:28:00

At 6/26/08 08:14 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Regardless of the car's gender, the driver appears to be disabled. My guess is blind, as they can't even pull the car into one parking bay designed for disabled drivers :P

Hey Coop, yeah that car is pretty badly parked. One of my pet hates is bad parking, it just annoys me so much.

Fancy going the club?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 12:39:49

Sounds like a cool club, I'll join. My dad was a mechanic when he got laid off a few years ago, and has been working on cars all his life. We have a 66 ford fastback mustang in our garage, but it SERIOUSLY needs work. All that's done in it is what we've worked on since we bought it 5 years ago. And that's the rear-axle, transmission (kinda), and we're taking the engine out sometime within the next month. It has a frame and everything, but it (obviously) can't run and is missing so many parts it's hard to even call it a car. Here's a googled image of the same car, not mine. Just google's.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 12:47:20

Welcome PinballWizard, as MGS said earlier could you put a link to the club in your sig if possible?

A 66 Mustang you say? Nice! What can I say, I'm a sucker for the classics, even though usually I don't like muscle cars all that much.
You should seriously think about fixing it up, would be pretty sweet to have a car like that as your first car without having to buy it.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 12:52:09

Haha. My dad would never let me drive that thing. Even though I'm fixing it up it is "his" car. He had one back in highschool but he wrecked it, and I'm just helping him fix it up since I like working on cars. Here's an picture (1 of 2) of it so far. I don't know why I said we hadn't taken the engine out yet, because we did last week. I guess I'm just so used to saying that the (non-working) engine was still in there. Anyways here's the first picture of it. :)

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 12:53:22

...and the second

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 13:01:28

Oh, I almost forgot a saying I saw on a bumper sticker at the "World of Wheels" car show. It was hilarious. Here it is: "Imports are like tampons. Every pussy needs one". Hilarious, huh?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 13:07:28

At 6/26/08 01:01 PM, PinballWizard976 wrote: Oh, I almost forgot a saying I saw on a bumper sticker at the "World of Wheels" car show. It was hilarious. Here it is: "Imports are like tampons. Every pussy needs one". Hilarious, huh?

Haha that's fucking brilliant. To be honest bumper stickers and the like aren't too common here in Ireland. Occasionally you'll get one along the lines of "CAUTION: Driver doesn't give a fuck anymore" but this is fairly rare.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 14:36:30

Haven't been around here for a few hours. Welcome PinballWizard, hope you'll be a regular contributor.

As Rohan said, that could be a real nice Mustang with a bit of fixing. Pity your dad won't let you drive it.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 18:08:57

Hello PinballWizard, welcome to the club. Are you considering joining us Coop? Would be great if you can and yeah those "police cars" were hilarious. I laughed hard when Stig just used the wipers when James deployed his paint sprayers :P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 22:45:40

Hey, can I join this club? I read the rules, and I think that I may actually be able to follow them.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 22:57:17

At 6/26/08 01:01 PM, PinballWizard976 wrote: Oh, I almost forgot a saying I saw on a bumper sticker at the "World of Wheels" car show. It was hilarious. Here it is: "Imports are like tampons. Every pussy needs one". Hilarious, huh?

FUNNY. JUST FUNNY. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SO HILARIOUS.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-26 23:20:18

At 6/26/08 10:57 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
FUNNY. JUST FUNNY. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SO HILARIOUS.

Then why the angry faic?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-27 03:13:37

At 6/26/08 11:20 PM, PinballWizard976 wrote:
Then why the angry faic?

Its sarcasm dude. He's a "Supra addict".

Personally, I like imports. Like I said in my first post, I'm not one for the car jargon, but I can honestly say that import cars are pretty decent both look-wise and performance-wise. Don't believe me? Have a look at Nissan models likethe Silvia S15 or the Skyline R34.

Although, I must admit Mustangs are pretty sexy too ;)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-27 06:47:05

At 6/26/08 10:45 PM, jew193 wrote: Hey, can I join this club? I read the rules, and I think that I may actually be able to follow them.

No problem jew193, glad to have you on board. Could you put the club in your sig if possible?

As for imports, I'm living in Ireland, technically speaking every car is an import, so it's not like we have a choice. I am noticing that the number of Japanese cars are beginning to overtake European/American models here. Before, almost every second car was either an Opel or a Ford. In contrast last year Toyota were the biggest sellers. It will be interesting to see how the economic slowdown will affect this trend though,

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-27 09:07:00

At 6/26/08 11:28 AM, MGSTroll wrote: Hey Coop, yeah that car is pretty badly parked. One of my pet hates is bad parking, it just annoys me so much.

It's bad around the area where I live - people can't park efficiently, so that everyone can fit into the spaces properly. Even with lines drawn for the spaces, they ignore them.

Fancy joining the club?

It's a little weird for me at the moment - I've not got the kind of wheels that people are picturing here, because I couldn't afford them. I do look forward to keeping what I've got looked after. If the weather's alright tomorrow, I might wash it and take some pictures.

I'm struggling to pay for diesel at the moment, so I bought a push bike to save on the fuel mileage - driving 6 miles a night to see my girl has been cut on most evenings, so I'm slowly paying for that bike at about £20 per week. 10 weeks and I've paid for it, which is nice.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-27 10:06:17

Sweet! I love cars! I'm in! (This baby is a Porsche 904 Carrara)

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Meissocool

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-27 10:54:18

At 6/27/08 03:13 AM, HTID wrote: Personally, I like imports. Like I said in my first post, I'm not one for the car jargon, but I can honestly say that import cars are pretty decent both look-wise and performance-wise. Don't believe me? Have a look at Nissan models likethe Silvia S15 or the Skyline R34.

I gotta say I have to disagree with you. I don't see the point of having 3 playstations and 29 tvs in a car, when the only thing under the hood is your basic standard V6. I prefer cars that have a nice engine, a good body, and nice paint. I can't see the point of all that other stuff since it's completely unnecessary. All of the cars in my driveway are the most basic cars you'll ever see. Hell, most of them don't even run. But they're all like a 96 Toyota Corolla that doesn't even have a clock. No power windows, no CD players, it doesn't even have a clock. Has 100 thousand some miles on it. Pre-owned. But it goes from point A to point B. As for "nice" cars, I don't need some 200 miles per hour turbo-charged electro thing. A nice car to me is a classic, one that has history. But hey, that's just me.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-27 11:10:24

Well, I suppose some imports are nice, but it just seems like every other car outside of America is making it with more and more unnecessary crap that drives the price up to like $40,000. Like the corolla, it was $3,500. That's not even a tenth of an import. Of course, the dude who owned it last drove halfway across the world and back, but still. I think cars should just stay as cars. Nothin' else.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-27 15:03:19

Thanks for having me on board guys, I'll see about putting this club in my sig. And all the other club's that I'm in.

But Japanese cars are definitely taking over. Both of my parent's cars are Japanese (both of my Grandmas' cars also) and they get pretty good gas mileage, so that's also a pretty big incentive to drive one, especially these days.