00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiToDaAra just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,187 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 03:36:52

At 7/3/09 01:52 AM, Officer wrote: Can't believe I haven't found this thread before. I'm in.

I love pretty much most cars, except Honda... The only nice car they made was the NSX.
opinion people!
I now have an R34 Skyline(since my Supra) which I'm selling if anybody wants to drop into New Zealand and buy it :D It's only a GTT because I can't afford the GTR as it's rediculously expensive and a banned import D:

You know, A little part of me died inside when I first laid eyes on it, but now... Nothing. Such beautiful machine, now reduced to...

Anyway, just for SupraAddict, here's my supra :D

I remember. I will always remember.

Now, you must have more pictures of this, right?

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 05:06:09

At 7/3/09 03:36 AM, SupraAddict wrote: Now, you must have more pictures of this, right?

Lmao no actually. That was the first picture I took of it D:

There's a picture of me doing burnouts in it somewhere on Youtube... I could dig it up if you like to supras spinning in circles.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 05:42:01

At 7/3/09 02:06 AM, Officer wrote: Also, here's some pictures of my GTT :D

Sweet Jesus. I just came.

I'm looking for a nice quick Subaru. I love the version 7 STI as it's a really sexy car. I would also love to have an rx7 but I despise the sound of rotary's ):

Why get another car with what you got?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 19:28:07

At 7/3/09 05:06 AM, Officer wrote:
At 7/3/09 03:36 AM, SupraAddict wrote: Now, you must have more pictures of this, right?
Lmao no actually. That was the first picture I took of it D:

There's a picture of me doing burnouts in it somewhere on Youtube... I could dig it up if you like to supras spinning in circles.

I need to chat with you about your supra <3
Next time you're on aim, I really want to know a thing or two. It was only a year ago, so I'd love to know more about it.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-07 00:47:07

At 7/3/09 02:06 AM, Officer wrote: Also, here's some pictures of my GTT :D

I'm looking for a nice quick Subaru. I love the version 7 STI as it's a really sexy car. I would also love to have an rx7 but I despise the sound of rotary's ):

How can you not like POP POP POP POP!!! Every time you shift? Lulz. I've always wanted one of the 89-92 Supra MKIII's though. They look a lot like the Z's, but they're wider, and smoother looking. My neighbor has a friend with an 89 Supra that he refuses to sell to me. I offered him 5k one time. It's honestly worth maybe 2, but it's my favorite year, color, and it's a stick with black interior.
They're really hard to find around here though.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-07 08:04:44

I'm really looking into getting myself a Nissan 200SX 2.0L Turbo. I've been looking around the web for that car for sale in Spain, and i've found some of the older model -s13(92-95ish) quite cheap. They can be done up nice outside, and under the bonnet too. I'd love something like in this pic.....

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-07 22:24:27

At 7/7/09 08:04 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I'm really looking into getting myself a Nissan 200SX 2.0L Turbo. I've been looking around the web for that car for sale in Spain, and i've found some of the older model -s13(92-95ish) quite cheap.

I think you mean a 240Sx. A guy in my Z club has a REAAAAAAALLLY nice 240. BTW 92-95 I believe is an S14.

fucking resizing. I'm to lazy to open Paint.net, and do it the right way though.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 01:06:11

At 7/7/09 10:24 PM, TheFaces wrote:
At 7/7/09 08:04 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I'm really looking into getting myself a Nissan 200SX 2.0L Turbo. I've been looking around the web for that car for sale in Spain, and i've found some of the older model -s13(92-95ish) quite cheap.
I think you mean a 240Sx. A guy in my Z club has a REAAAAAAALLLY nice 240. BTW 92-95 I believe is an S14.

Lol I wasn't going to mention anything for my lack of knowledge in the Nissan motorsport history (including NisMo) but yeah, I agree with ya life-stream.

fucking resizing. I'm to lazy to open Paint.net, and do it the right way though.

lol.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 01:07:48

At 7/8/09 01:06 AM, SupraAddict wrote:
At 7/7/09 10:24 PM, TheFaces wrote:

Lol I wasn't going to mention anything for my lack of knowledge in the Nissan motorsport history (including NisMo) but yeah, I agree with ya The-Faces.
Fixed. Sorry about that, you two both mix me up with the blue auras Xl

lol.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 02:03:56

At 7/8/09 01:07 AM, SupraAddict wrote: Lol I wasn't going to mention anything for my lack of knowledge in the Nissan motorsport history (including NisMo) but yeah, I agree with ya The-Faces.
Fixed. Sorry about that, you two both mix me up with the blue auras Xl

Well he DID mention something about Italy, so they may be called the 200Sx over there. Although I know that in Japan they had the 180Sx, which featured a 1.8 liter SOHC motor, and then they later evolved into the 240Sx which (IN JAPAN) either came with a 2.4 liter SOHC OR DOHC motor. Over here in the US however they never made the 180SX, and only had the 240SX.
I was actually incorrect in my statement of S13 Vs. S14 though. I forgot that they only had the two over here in the US The S12 ended in 89, and S13 started in 90. They never had an S15 here in the US, but produced them in Japan.

I'm a Nissan fanboy, although I really only know about the Z's in any kind of excess.

Also, I've noticed a couple of you asking me what my car is, and if the one in my profile picture is mine. Yes. I think I've posted that here before, but just for good measure.
It's a 1987 300ZX N/A.

Picture
I'll post another picture with my next Post btw.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 08:20:39

I would pretty much love to have either the 180SX, 200SX or the 240SX. They all look kinda similar really, but i'd like to get atleast a 2.0L Turbo. I really like the S14 model too, but they still seem to be selling quite expensive :(

I think here in Europe it was either just the 180sx or the 200sx, i don't think they call it the 240sx over here.

Also this is a beast of a 300ZX for sale here in Spain. According to that it's got 313HP. It's a bit expensive though.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-08 15:09:50

At 7/8/09 08:20 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I would pretty much love to have either the 180SX, 200SX or the 240SX. They all look kinda similar really, but i'd like to get atleast a 2.0L Turbo. I really like the S14 model too, but they still seem to be selling quite expensive :(
I think here in Europe it was either just the 180sx or the 200sx, i don't think they call it the 240sx over here.
Also this is a beast of a 300ZX for sale here in Spain. According to that it's got 313HP. It's a bit expensive though.

Eh... for a Z32 that's actually pretty tame. There's more then one guy in SincityZ with z32's running upwards of 600 horse power.
That would be perfect for a drift car though. I think Butters Z31 has something around 350 horses. This car is a frigging work of art!

I know I said I would post another picture of my car, but Butter's Z31 is just way better looking.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-09 03:15:54

YAAAAAAARGGGHH... I think I might have a bum oil ring. I noticed tonight that after driving for a little while that my oil pressure drops down to almost zero, but if I rev the car up for a while it slowly rises up to almost fourty pounds, and then quickly drops back down to zero.
Now i'm aware that it should drop down after you drive for awhile, but it really shouldn't be that low, which means to me that it's losing pressure somewhere.
So i'm going to attempt to remedy it with some 15W40 Mobile1 High Mileage Synthetic oil here in the next couple of days, since it needs it changed anyways. If I don't notice any real difference after the first thousand miles, I'll just change it again and put in the regular 10W30 Mobile1 that i'm running now. I don't really enjoy using that heavy of a weight oil, unless the car has serious oil leaks... which... it dosn't. Hopefully that will fix the problem. If not, it's at around 193,000 miles anyway, and i'm about to redo the timing chain anyways, this would just be one more reason to completely overhaul the engine while i've got all the other crap out anyways.

If that happens I might throw a turbo at the thing while i'm there.
Other picture as promised:

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-09 04:01:40

At 7/8/09 03:09 PM, TheFaces wrote: Eh... for a Z32 that's actually pretty tame. There's more then one guy in SincityZ with z32's running upwards of 600 horse power.

I know 300s can get some huge horse power, but 300+ is still enough for the road. Unless you're planning on taking it to circuits or something you honestly don't need more. I'm not saying that i'd never have a car with loads of HP, but on public roads you just can't use it all :(

Also, your car would look awesome with a nice set of alloys.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-09 06:25:51

At 7/9/09 04:01 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 7/8/09 03:09 PM, TheFaces wrote: Eh... for a Z32 that's actually pretty tame. There's more then one guy in SincityZ with z32's running upwards of 600 horse power.
I know 300s can get some huge horse power, but 300+ is still enough for the road. Unless you're planning on taking it to circuits or something you honestly don't need more. I'm not saying that i'd never have a car with loads of HP, but on public roads you just can't use it all :(

Also, your car would look awesome with a nice set of alloys.

Well the horsepower isn't really what matters unless your running a circle track. The torque is what you feel. As for 300 being enough. Eh... the only cars that i've owned that sported less then 300 were... well ironically my "300"ZX's. (Lol)
My first car was a built Chevelle running something around 750, then a 65 Nova SS with almost 500, THEN a 96 Z28 Camaro with around 450, and THEN my Mach1 Mustang with 305.

My cars keep getting stolen, or ran into. AAAAAGHHH!!! And the insurance company decides to give me less and less each time.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-09 08:03:08

At 7/9/09 06:25 AM, TheFaces wrote: My first car was a built Chevelle running something around 750, then a 65 Nova SS with almost 500, THEN a 96 Z28 Camaro with around 450, and THEN my Mach1 Mustang with 305.

You've had some nice cars in your day.

My cars keep getting stolen, or ran into. AAAAAGHHH!!! And the insurance company decides to give me less and less each time.

And you've had very bad luck with them XD

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-11 03:16:36

At 7/9/09 08:03 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 7/9/09 06:25 AM, TheFaces wrote: My first car was a built Chevelle running something around 750, then a 65 Nova SS with almost 500, THEN a 96 Z28 Camaro with around 450, and THEN my Mach1 Mustang with 305.
You've had some nice cars in your day.
And you've had very bad luck with them XD

Yeah... no kidding. I keep getting crappier cars, and they still end up getting ruined. I think that if this Z ends up getting stolen, or wrecked, i'm going to just say "Fuck it" and buy an old Econoline van or something.

I'd live in it.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-15 01:53:49

At 7/7/09 08:04 AM, Life-Stream wrote: and i've found some of the older model -s13(92-95ish) quite cheap.

Ew gross s13 D:

Also, the 200sx is the S15, I was thinking about getting one of those but I really am sick of Nissan's. Too many problems, and really just not very exciting. annnnnd yes you are right when you say easy to increase performance. With the older s13 an engine swap for the likes of something in the RB series, like the over popular rb20det or something. Or if you had the money you could chuck in an sr20det. Or if you won lotto or something you could put a GTR engine with would make your car officially badass.

I would probably go for the rb20 as that thing is the easiest engine to upgrade. Honestly, everything is bolt on. Want a bigger turbo? Just bolt it on. Want a fucking cup holder? Honestly just bolt it on. Although I would buy a metal cup holder because a normal plastic one would melt right next to the engine... Unless you made a heat shield then you can have all the plastic cup holders your heart desires.

Seriously though. Everything is a bolt on.

Also to answer your older question, I'm getting a new car simply because I'm bored with the one I've got. I really find Nissan's very unexciting unless you have a lotof money. Which I don't D:

Also, OMG V7 STI for sale! :D :D

only 24000, I asked him if he would swap for the skyline plus cash :D :D :D

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-15 02:12:51

/smacks forhead.
I just remembered they DO make 200sx's over here. They don't look like the one you showed though. That looked more like a 240Sx.
The 200Sx are fugly little things if they look like the ones here stateside.

As for Nissan's being boring unless you have lots of money... eh... I can buy Z31's all day long for 2k-3k, spend another 3000 and have myself a REAAAAAALLLY nice car. While as a WRX, Supra, or anything like that would cost me at least twice that.

Granted Skylines are ridiculously over rated, and overpriced though.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-15 06:08:24

At 7/15/09 01:53 AM, Officer wrote: With the older s13 an engine swap for the likes of something in the RB series, like the over popular rb20det or something. Or if you had the money you could chuck in an sr20det. Or if you won lotto or something you could put a GTR engine with would make your car officially badass.

If i buy a car, i wouldn't go so far as to start with engine swaps or anything. It's honestly too much hassle, for me, and i don't have a great deal of free time to spend on the car, so i'm just looking to buy a decent car, and maybe add a few things to it, nothing too major as of yet though.

Also to answer your older question, I'm getting a new car simply because I'm bored with the one I've got. I really find Nissan's very unexciting unless you have a lotof money. Which I don't D:

I have little to no money :P which is why i'm looking for something fairly cheap, like a 200sx, or maybe even a 300zx if i can find a cheap enough one.

Also, OMG V7 STI for sale! :D :D
only 24000, I asked him if he would swap for the skyline plus cash :D :D :D

Only? That's a lot of money, but then again i don't know what that car can fetch on the market so i don't know if it's cheap or not. None the less it looks beautiful.

At 7/15/09 02:12 AM, TheFaces wrote: I can buy Z31's all day long for 2k-3k, spend another 3000 and have myself a REAAAAAALLLY nice car. While as a WRX, Supra, or anything like that would cost me at least twice that.

Yeah, those cars are alot more expensive, but i'd still love to own any of them.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-17 01:28:04

At 7/15/09 06:08 AM, Life-Stream wrote: If i buy a car, i wouldn't go so far as to start with engine swaps or anything. It's honestly too much hassle, for me, and i don't have a great deal of free time to spend on the car, so i'm just looking to buy a decent car, and maybe add a few things to it, nothing too major as of yet though.

If you have to swap the engine to go fast, then you might as well just buy a Honda.

I have little to no money :P which is why i'm looking for something fairly cheap, like a 200sx, or maybe even a 300zx if i can find a cheap enough one.

Well the Z31's have almost NOOOO aftermarket here stateside. If it's the same way there, then that's really not the way for you to go.

Which model of 300ZX though? The Z31 ran from 84 (I had a Turbo 84) to 89. Then the Z32 ran from 90 to 96. Might have made them longer there though, because they ran into smog problems with them here when everything switched to OBDII.

Only? That's a lot of money, but then again i don't know what that car can fetch on the market so i don't know if it's cheap or not. None the less it looks beautiful.

No kidding.

At 7/15/09 02:12 AM, TheFaces wrote: I can buy Z31's all day long for 2k-3k, spend another 3000 and have myself a REAAAAAALLLY nice car. While as a WRX, Supra, or anything like that would cost me at least twice that.
Yeah, those cars are alot more expensive, but i'd still love to own any of them.

Eh. I'm not a fan of Subaru. They look... big, and slow. Even though they arn't, really big, OR slow by any means, they just arn't my style. The only reason I would have a four door is if I have to haul people around, in which case i'll just get a bitchin' hippy bus.
Supra's, RX-7's, Skylines, etc... Now those are the bee's knee's imho.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-17 04:29:20

At 7/17/09 01:28 AM, TheFaces wrote: If you have to swap the engine to go fast, then you might as well just buy a Honda.

At first i was thinking of buying a Civic Type-R EP3

Which model of 300ZX though? The Z31 ran from 84 (I had a Turbo 84) to 89. Then the Z32 ran from 90 to 96. Might have made them longer there though, because they ran into smog problems with them here when everything switched to OBDII.

Definitely the Z32. The newer the better to be honest.

Eh. I'm not a fan of Subaru. They look... big, and slow. Even though they arn't, really big, OR slow by any means, they just arn't my style.

Some of them are nice. Some don't look that great either. The new Impreza is ugly in my opinion. But that pic that Officer posted.....SEXY!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-18 03:52:50

At 7/17/09 04:29 AM, Life-Stream wrote: At first i was thinking of buying a Civic Type-R EP3

Why not just buy a CRX? It looks pretty much the same, except with the retro vibe, and would be a fraction of a fraction of the price.

Definitely the Z32. The newer the better to be honest.

Well they are very nice cars, but they do run into lots of meticulous little problems due to their complexity. For example there is something about the way they designed the power steering pump. After awhile somehow the lines, or connectors or something (I can't remember exactly) starts to leak, and drips down onto the alternator.
This is a very good way to start a fire. So that's one of the first problems you should address. Make sure that the PS Pump is in good condition, and you would do well to craft some form of shield to block any fluid from falling onto the alternator. (Not as hard as it sounds.)

Some of them are nice. Some don't look that great either. The new Impreza is ugly in my opinion. But that pic that Officer posted.....SEXY!

Eh... anything with four doors just isn't meant to go fast. That's not to say that it can't, just why bother when you can balance a two door, two seater type car so much easier.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-18 09:26:34

At 7/18/09 03:52 AM, TheFaces wrote: Why not just buy a CRX? It looks pretty much the same, except with the retro vibe, and would be a fraction of a fraction of the price.

Well, as much as i like Hondas, i wouldn't buy an old CRX, i dunno, they just don't appeal to me. The CRX Del Sol however is a lovely car, and can look awesome. I don't think i'll get one though, because 2 of my brothers have that car, lol. Well, only 1 still has it, the other totally fucked it. This was what it looked like before, check page 3 for the aftermath XD

Well they are very nice cars, but they do run into lots of meticulous little problems due to their complexity. For example there is something about the way they designed the power steering pump. After awhile somehow the lines, or connectors or something (I can't remember exactly) starts to leak, and drips down onto the alternator.

I will keep that in mind if i do ever get one. When i buy a car i intend to take either my dad or brother along with me to make sure everything looks good, as they're mechanics

Eh... anything with four doors just isn't meant to go fast. That's not to say that it can't, just why bother when you can balance a two door, two seater type car so much easier.

4 doors are just alot more practical really. Not everyone wants just a 2 door. Although i agree, alot of 2 doors look nice - S2000, MX5, Del Sol, 350Z...

At 7/18/09 06:56 AM, titchman12 wrote: I can't drive yet for i am only 16 but when i eventually get my lisense i estimate about this time next year i should be getting my grandmas old mini mayfair, this isn't the exact one but you get the idea.

I want a mini!! I dunno why but i love old minis. I can't stand the new ones though. I want to get a old little mini and restore it.....some day.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-11 08:28:25

Sweeeeet cars on newgrounds!

Count me in.
Also, is there i motorcycle enthusiast club? ha

Heres my run about atm, all i can afford while at uni:
Toyota Trueno GT APEX, 20valve, 1.6l, 4 cyilinder, fwd.
Its pretty sweet for doing handbrakies.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-11 17:00:20

At 8/11/09 08:28 AM, thecokebitch wrote: Sweeeeet cars on newgrounds!

EYE NO RITE?!

Count me in.
Also, is there i motorcycle enthusiast club? ha

Not that I know of, but as far as I can tell you're welcome to talk about them here.

Heres my run about atm, all i can afford while at uni:
Toyota Trueno GT APEX, 20valve, 1.6l, 4 cyilinder, fwd.
Its pretty sweet for doing handbrakies.

Hey, at least you're not walking right? Personally I like it. Although I would prefer an older Trueno, i'm sure there has to be an aftermarket for the car, just because it's a Toyota though.

Have you done anything to it? Visual, Performance, Sound, etc...???
You should keep an update on here, and in your blog about it ,like I do.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-13 02:10:43

Ah - nah not really aye...

The cars just a cheepo, the 17's came with it when i bought it.
All that i have done to it is add sounds;

2x sony xplod 6 inch in the front doors,
2x jvc 6x9 3 way in the rear parcel tray
A panasonic head unit which plays shitty little movies, and has this sweet tilt function, and a 4x 55W output.
And a 12" sub and amp, amps rated at 400W apparently, but yeah its pretty avg.

Would love to get the engine out of it and recondition it and bolt a turbo on at the same time, as it smokes a bit... But yeah, dont have the coin to do it, and if i did have the coin i'd probly buy a better car.

For example this sweet beast (suzuki mighty boy);
although, yeah its not standard...
fuck i want one.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-13 02:14:04

Either the obove or one of these...
(at least this time its rear wheel drive)
toyota kp61 starlet

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-21 01:01:21

Wow... This is possibly the sickest Z32 i've ever seen.
Inside, and out this thing is just perfection from every standpoint.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-08-26 16:18:28

LOL, this club is still going? I havn't posted here in ages. Well, I'm probably a bit late but the recent series of Top Gear was great and the autumn series is going to be awesome as the chaps are doing a remake of The Italian Job in Renault Twingos.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature