00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiToDaAra just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,185 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-12 16:21:26

At 7/12/08 11:58 AM, metalstorm wrote:
Also, on the way to the gym yesterday I managed to spot an Aston Martin DB9, a Bentley Continental GT, a Lotus Elise, a BMW 745i, an ML65AMG and an E65AMG. Just one of the perks of going to a gym in a rich area.

You. Lucky. Bastard.

Just kidding. Seriously though, I envy you, I really do.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-12 16:27:27

At 7/11/08 01:44 PM, MGSTroll wrote: But, the Bugatti still remains the fastest accelerating car in the world. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds as opposed to the Aero's 2.78.

Either way, both cars accelerate fast as hell and I would be lucky to even touch one in my lifetime.

On top of that, it looks pretty sweet too!

I don't think it's even possible to make a car like that not look sweet.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-12 16:55:23

At 7/12/08 04:27 PM, jew193 wrote:
I don't think it's even possible to make a car like that not look sweet.

True enough. Hell with an engine like that I couldn't care less what it looks like!

Well, within reason...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-12 19:04:57

At 7/11/08 07:00 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: URGENT NEWSFLASH!!! The Veyron has been dethroned!!!

The Veyron looks better IMO, and that car only beats its top speed by, what, 7 mph? MEH. The Veyron was the pioneer anyway.

At 7/11/08 01:44 PM, MGSTroll wrote: Anyway, on to cars. I had a look at that link Rohan posted. It's the SSC Ultimate Aero TT, the high-performance version of a Shelby model. It got clocked at a whopping 257mph! Not surprising given it has a 1,183 bhp engine!

But, the Bugatti still remains the fastest accelerating car in the world. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds as opposed to the Aero's 2.78.

LOL, so the extra 182 BHP only adds an extra 7 MPH on the top speed, and it doesn't even accelerate as fast as the Veyron? What a freakin' joke, what kind of crappy production team was working on that car? ;P

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-13 06:04:49

At 7/12/08 07:04 PM, NEVR wrote:
LOL, so the extra 182 BHP only adds an extra 7 MPH on the top speed, and it doesn't even accelerate as fast as the Veyron? What a freakin' joke, what kind of crappy production team was working on that car? ;P

Americans.

'nuff said

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-13 06:23:31

Wow, with a computer some people can do anything.

I don't remember using a Koenigsegg or a Veyron in GTA...

Imagine if Top Gear had a 3 way drag between the Koenigsegg, Veyron and SSC Ultimate Aero, and a few other super-fast cars (Zondas maybe, or that crazy Caparo T1...)

The resulting race might be so cool that it could tear a hole in our reality. Probably wouldn't happen though, think of the Health & Safety regulations that would be involved...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-13 14:19:30

At 7/13/08 06:23 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
The resulting race might be so cool that it could tear a hole in our reality.

Anyway, that would be sooooo amazing, but like you said, it's too complicated (and expensive) to ever happen.

By the way, I missed TG last week, what happened? Did I miss much?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-13 14:22:55

At 7/13/08 06:04 AM, HTID wrote: Americans.

That article has the Veyron's BHP listed as 987 or something, when last I checked, it was 1,001 (hence me stating that there's a 182 BHP difference between the two cars). So either the wiki article is wrong, or Top Gear is wrong. I'm inclined to believe it's the wiki article, being that it's a user-contribution-based site.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-13 16:47:19

Anyone else see Top Gear tonight? Man, I love when they do these crazy races, but (assuming it wasn't staged) man it was close! 3 damn minutes between them? Wow. And that Japanese public transport system is about 100 years ahead of the one where I live.

Anyway, what did you think of the Nissan? Personally I wasn't that impressed. Sure it was quick, but it just seemed so, I don't know, bland I suppose. Maybe it's just me.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-13 17:34:21

At 7/13/08 04:47 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Anyone else see Top Gear tonight?

Of course.

Anyway, what did you think of the Nissan? Personally I wasn't that impressed. Sure it was quick, but it just seemed so, I don't know, bland I suppose. Maybe it's just me.

Not all that amazing, really. I was more impressed with the Japanese public transport if I'm brutally honest. My favourite Top Gear race is the one between the Veyron and the plane, manned by Hammond and May... although I would like to see the race they had to the north pole again (very disappointed that Hammond lost that one).

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-13 19:46:45

do you remember the one where they were in africa? oliver is the best car ever!

Baker256

(+.[__]+) PSP FTW

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-14 06:56:50

This is an interesting debate actually: what is everyone's fave TG episode?

My personal favourite is the one where they drive across they USA, and paint stuff like "Man Love Rules OK" and "NASCAR SUCKS" (I think that was one) on each others cars. Some of the reactions where fucking priceless, especially when they wound up getting chased.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-14 12:10:01

my favorite was probally the one where they were driving a zonda, a ford gt, and a ferrari in france and they were trying to get out of the parking garage

Baker256

(+.[__]+) PSP FTW

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-14 16:54:34

At 7/14/08 12:10 PM, baker256 wrote: my favorite was probally the one where they were driving a zonda, a ford gt, and a ferrari in france and they were trying to get out of the parking garage

Yeah that's a pretty good one.

Personally, I love the Winter Olympics episode. You know, the one where they launch a Mini Cooper down a ski ramp using rockets. Fucking classic.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-15 08:56:10

Oops, forgot to add that the ice hockey was pretty good as well. Jeremy would make a shit referee!

Man this place had been like a ghost town lately...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-15 11:37:27

At 7/15/08 08:56 AM, MGSTroll wrote: Oops, forgot to add that the ice hockey was pretty good as well. Jeremy would make a shit referee!

Love the Winter Olympics episode. got it on DVD and everything. I'm thinking of checking out Amazon for a few more of the "specials". I wonder if the Botswana episode got made into a DVD yet?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-15 14:18:08

Hey guys, this club looks pretty cool, can I join?

Anyway, my fave car is the Zonda S. Don't ask me why, I just love them.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-15 14:48:50

At 7/15/08 02:18 PM, Paddilicus wrote: Hey guys, this club looks pretty cool, can I join?

Hello, and welcome to the Car Enthusiasts club (and NewGrounds apparently).

If possible, could you put a link to the club in your sig? You can do this by clicking My Account in the top-right corner, then Forum Signature, then copy/pasting a link and label into the space provided.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-15 16:39:06

At 7/15/08 02:48 PM, MGSTroll wrote:
Hello, and welcome to the Car Enthusiasts club (and NewGrounds apparently).

Thanks for having me.

If possible, could you put a link to the club in your sig? You can do this by clicking My Account in the top-right corner, then Forum Signature, then copy/pasting a link and label into the space provided.

Done, and done.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-15 16:58:32

Hey, we got ourselves a new member. Welcome Paddilicus, hope you'll be a frequent poster here.

Don't slate me for this, but I never liked Zondas. I know they're bullet fast and look cool, but they just never appealed to me. They never sparked the adrenaline-fuelled screaming 8-year-old in me in the same way as when I saw my first real-life Ferrari, or found out about this amazing new (at the time) car called the McLaren F1.

P.S. Woohoo, 400th post!!!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-16 05:34:30

At 7/15/08 04:58 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Hey, we got ourselves a new member. Welcome Paddilicus, hope you'll be a frequent poster here.

Thanks for having me!

Don't slate me for this, but I never liked Zondas. I know they're bullet fast and look cool, but they just never appealed to me.

I. Hate. You.

Just kidding. Seriously though, how can you hate Zondas? I just don't understand that.

P.S. Woohoo, 400th post!!!

Congrats.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-16 12:18:57

At 7/15/08 04:58 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
Don't slate me for this, but I never liked Zondas.

Blasphemy!

Joking. Seriously, Zondas are pretty cool in my view. Much better than the Saleen S7.

*Prepares for angry backlash from Rohan*

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-16 16:03:15

At 7/16/08 12:18 PM, MGSTroll wrote:
Joking. Seriously, Zondas are pretty cool in my view. Much better than the Saleen S7.

Uncalled for dude. Totally uncalled for. That's my dream car you're talking about.

*Prepares for angry backlash from Rohan*

You are damn lucky that you caught me in a good humour. That's fair enough, it's your opinion. But the Saleen just kicks so much ass in my opinion, and I don't normally like American cars too much. It just looks so sexy. Look at it!

*Prepares for immature jokes about calling a car "sexy"*

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-16 23:18:43

Hey guys, long time no speak, hows it been?

Haven't been able to get on NG for a few days, so sorry bout the inactivity.

Anyway, I was wondering if you knew of any car customisation games that featured Honda Integras? The ONLY one I know of is Nitto Legends, but I was thinking of finding one a little more casual.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-17 05:25:18

At 7/16/08 11:18 PM, HTID wrote:
Anyway, I was wondering if you knew of any car customisation games that featured Honda Integras? The ONLY one I know of is Nitto Legends, but I was thinking of finding one a little more casual.

Hmm... well if it HAS to be a fairly casual customisation-style game, then I'm stumped. I don't know of any games like that which have them. I know that Need for Speed: Underground has an Acura Integra, but other than that, I can't help.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-17 13:30:25

At 7/16/08 11:18 PM, HTID wrote: Hey guys, long time no speak, hows it been?

Hey HTID, glad to have you back!

Haven't been able to get on NG for a few days, so sorry bout the inactivity.

No worries.

Other than what Rohan said about NFSU I can't honestly think of one. I know that Gran Turismo and Forza 2 both have them, but there is little customisation, nor are they casual.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-17 15:13:59

Hey guys, for anyone who missed Top Gear last week, it's on BB2 right now, and it's a good one. The Japanese transport system is amazing!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-18 05:45:53

At 7/17/08 03:13 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Hey guys, for anyone who missed Top Gear last week, it's on BB2 right now, and it's a good one. The Japanese transport system is amazing!

Yeah I saw it yesterday. How lucky was Jezza that Tokyo was barren? He'd still be in a jam now on a bad day. Very very close race.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-18 13:28:48

At 7/18/08 11:26 AM, darknessdweller wrote:
I once drove a Zonda S on a track. Hated it though. It always kept losing control or hitting the guardrail.

How did you manage to get a hold of a Zonda? Was it for a track day or something. Please do tell.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-19 06:35:54

At 7/18/08 11:26 AM, darknessdweller wrote:
I once drove a Zonda S on a track.

That alone makes you the single coolest member of the Car Enthusiasts Club! Pity it kept losing control though.

Anyway guys, I've done an updated CEC member list in my new post. Please check it out in case I missed your name. I would post it here but:

(a) I'm too damn lazy.
(b) I can edit the news post whenever I need to add/remove a member.

Also, feel free to leave a comment with any suggestions you may have.