00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

perilsofafrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,328 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-23 17:56:17

At 1/23/09 04:48 PM, darknessdweller wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DEAD CLUB<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you truly feel that is what this is now, you can always pm a moderator to lock it.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-26 17:04:40

At 1/14/09 08:50 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
At 1/14/09 07:45 PM, Leap wrote:
At 1/10/09 10:27 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
Wait, I know what it looks like. I'll post a stock pic of it(I'm assuming it's the Sport edition) to let ppl get a hint of what it looks like.
Jesus christ thats an ugly car
Ok, lets see an example of a pretty looking car that is affordable to the typical family man.

Well an Opel Vectra or a Ford Mondeo are reasonably affordable cars, they're also quite practical as a family car (well small families anyway) and to be honest, they're quite good looking as well.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-26 19:10:29

Well an Opel Vectra or a Ford Mondeo are reasonably affordable cars, they're also quite practical as a family car (well small families anyway) and to be honest, they're quite good looking as well.

Does anyone else see a similarity between the Saturn Aura and the Opel Vectra?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-26 22:04:30

At 1/26/09 07:10 PM, SupraAddict wrote:

Does anyone else see a similarity between the Saturn Aura and the Opel Vectra?

yes

some cars are used by other companies like how the Pontiac GTO IS the Voxhaul Monero (can't remember how to spell it.)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-27 00:43:36

At 1/23/09 04:48 PM, darknessdweller wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DEAD CLUB<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

There's no need to bump a club JUST to say that it's dead. Seriously. That's the kind of poor-quality posting that kills a thread in the first place.

If you want to bump a club (or any thread, for that matter), then at the very least make sure you're doing it for a GOOD REASON. I've seen this club bumped by you a number of times for no good reason whatsoever other than to add +1 to your post count or complain about how nobody else is posting.

Some clubs just don't have the momentum that others do. Accept that, and move on. In time, people will either post something interesting OR the club will be forgotten. Either of those occurrences are perfectly acceptable outcomes.

I shouldn't have to make these kinds of posts in C&C, but if I catch you bumping threads again for no reason, you will be banned, seeing as you have a history of needless thread bumping.

Good day.

Just to include something about cars in this otherwise stern post... this is the first thing I found when I typed "car" into Google images... weird:

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-27 21:35:11

At 1/27/09 06:31 PM, ThePretenders wrote: What I like about it is that it goes 62.8 miles per gallon, which is very fuel efficient and the CO2 emissions are 119g/km which means you only pay £35 road tax instead of £120+.

Not a bad choice for an economy vehicle.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-27 21:48:34

4WD 300hp and torque for under 40k cant beat that and it a sexy car

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-27 22:02:07

Also found a leak pic of the Evo Xi (one i posted be for it Evo X)
I want this car so bad

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-29 22:15:08

At 1/27/09 03:47 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Mitsubishi Double Shotz concept car

Gary Ragle sez dis car combines concept of the Lancer Evolution with the fun of hotwheels!!

Dare I say "BEAT THAT"?
Nah, I won't dare.

does the real Twin Mill beat that?
cuz if not I know of a few more...

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-30 07:27:51

Well in terms of having external engine parts I may not be able to top those, but in terms of its space-age looks (lol, it looks a bit like a Lambo mated with a spaceship) then this Ferrari concept car is absolutely stunning.

Here goes nothing...

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-30 20:09:47

At 1/30/09 07:27 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Well in terms of having external engine parts I may not be able to top those, but in terms of its space-age looks

Not too too bad :)

(lol, it looks a bit like a Lambo mated with a spaceship) then this Ferrari concept car is absolutely stunning.

I laughed when I saw this quote, you are right :) Although, it doesn't look drivable...

no doors

Here goes nothing...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-01-31 10:33:26

I like old Renault series of cars. Specifically the Renault 11 and Renault 5.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-01 02:41:18

Yes, I know I haven't posted in ages. But I'm here now, so on with the show.

I found this car while searching through the internets trying to find a suitable first car for myself. I'm kinda into the old utes, so forgive me if it isn't the European concept car as previously posted by the other members. Still, I appreciate the model, age and very possible chick magnet abilities of the 1974 Holden Kingswood HQ.

Also, please note the custom plates that I poorly MSPainted on.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-01 09:01:21

At 1/31/09 01:55 PM, darknessdweller wrote:
At 1/31/09 10:33 AM, sirtom93 wrote: I like old Renault series of cars. Specifically the Renault 11 and Renault 5.
Hmm.. I don't believe I've heard of Renault.

Renault are a huge car manufacturer, I can not believe you haven't heard of them.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-02 14:49:43

They make cars under the name "Dacia" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_San dero

But they also make cars under Renault, such as the Laguna, Mégane and Scenic.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-02 16:55:48

I found this car while searching through the internets trying to find a suitable first car for myself. I appreciate the model, age and very possible chick magnet abilities of the 1974 Holden Kingswood HQ.

Also, please note the custom plates that I poorly MSPainted on.

It looks muscle-car worthy :)
Are you pricing them, or is it one of those, "oo, I'll post this and forget about it the next day" situations?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-03 04:08:57

At 2/2/09 04:55 PM, SupraAddict wrote:

Muscle car worthy indeed. If the laws in NSW would allow me to drive a V8, this would definitely be a muscle car.

Are you pricing them, or is it one of those, "oo, I'll post this and forget about it the next day" situations?

I was dead set going to buy this. Good price, low km's for age and automatic since I can't drive manual. But the 'rents said that V6 engines drink too much fuel, and I don't need a ute because I'm not a tradesman.

Anyone know of any decent four door V4s?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-03 21:50:14

At 2/3/09 04:08 AM, HTID wrote:
At 2/2/09 04:55 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
Muscle car worthy indeed. If the laws in NSW would allow me to drive a V8, this would definitely be a muscle car.

I was dead set going to buy this. Good price, low km's for age and automatic since I can't drive manual. But the 'rents said that V6 engines drink too much fuel, and I don't need a ute because I'm not a tradesman.

You....Don't...Drive...Manual!?!?!?!
Dude, ok, lets put it this way, you're in a bouncin club and this really hot chick wants you to take her back to her place, but, oh no! you took a taxi there, so you use her car, which turns out to be a Ferarri F430. You're saying to yourself, lucky me, but oh no! it's a stick. What now? No date, no car, no fun 0__0

------bottom line---- Learn Stick

I don't know any four-door V4s.... Will any four-cylinder engine work?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-06 00:46:40

At 2/3/09 09:50 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
You....Don't...Drive...Manual!?!?!?

Nope. Well, I know the basics and whatnot, but I'm more worried about actually getting a license to be honest. I'll be able to start focusing on manual driving in a year, when I get my P2 license.

Eventually :P

I don't know any four-door V4s.... Will any four-cylinder engine work?

Yeah I guess. The four door thing isn't necessary. Also, for the sake of conversation, does anyone agree with me that the 300ZX is sexy? Link

Also, currently looking around for Mazda 323 Astina's similar to this model or possibly Nissan Pulsar's similar to this. opinions?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-11 05:01:02

Hey guys, just popping round to see how things are going, and I'm glad the club is still going fairly well, even if it's a bit inactive. Stuff's no better on my end, so my visits to NG will probably remain infrequent for the forseeable future. Good luck to you all :)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-11 05:10:42

At 2/3/09 09:50 PM, SupraAddict wrote: You....Don't...Drive...Manual!?!?!?!
Dude, ok, lets put it this way, you're in a bouncin club and this really hot chick wants you to take her back to her place, but, oh no! you took a taxi there, so you use her car, which turns out to be a Ferarri F430. You're saying to yourself, lucky me, but oh no! it's a stick. What now? No date, no car, no fun 0__0

Just lurking around and seeing this, what a hilarious example. You never know, it could actually happen one day.

Also, i didn't do my license in manual, i did it auto, but my first experience driving manual was in a tipper truck. Since then i've been able to drive half decent manual, even pulling them fancy shuffles and whatnot you see in these Fast And The Furious movies.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-12 23:51:47

At 2/11/09 05:10 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 2/3/09 09:50 PM, SupraAddict wrote: You....Don't...Drive...Manual!?!?!?!

Just lurking around and seeing this, what a hilarious example. You never know, it could actually happen one day.

Also, i didn't do my license in manual, i did it auto, but my first experience driving manual was in a tipper truck. Since then i've been able to drive half decent manual, even pulling them fancy shuffles and whatnot you see in these Fast And The Furious movies.

That's a good start. I'll have to take you to that night club, I'll let you be my wingman ;)
Hell, there'll probably be two Ferraris out in the parking lot for each of us knowing to the place we'll be going to :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-24 21:24:05

At 2/19/09 03:10 PM, darknessdweller wrote: So guys....

I was sorta hoping you could help me with my drawing skills when it comes to cars. :)

Because this is about the best I can do.

I'd quit while you're ahead mate. Also, hi guys! Remember me? LOL

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-25 04:14:48

At 2/19/09 03:10 PM, darknessdweller wrote: So guys....

I was sorta hoping you could help me with my drawing skills when it comes to cars. :)

Because this is about the best I can do.

I'd practice more if I were you. A LOT more. SERIOUSLY.

At 2/24/09 09:24 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
I'd quit while you're ahead mate. Also, hi guys! Remember me? LOL

Haha, it's been a while hasn't it? So, are you planning on sticking around these parts for a bit? Who knows, maybe it'll help kick this place back into action.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-25 14:08:11

At 2/25/09 04:14 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Haha, it's been a while hasn't it? So, are you planning on sticking around these parts for a bit? Who knows, maybe it'll help kick this place back into action.

I might do, we'll see.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-25 22:02:54

At 2/25/09 02:08 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 2/25/09 04:14 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Haha, it's been a while hasn't it? So, are you planning on sticking around these parts for a bit? Who knows, maybe it'll help kick this place back into action.
I might do, we'll see.

You will stay. You are us. You can't leave. No, not now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-02-25 22:25:45

At 2/25/09 10:02 PM, SupraAddict wrote: You will stay. You are us. You can't leave. No, not now.

LOL, okay then, just for you ;)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-03-30 16:46:50

My cousin just got her license, and I'm so proud of her :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-03-30 17:06:48

At 3/30/09 04:46 PM, SupraAddict wrote: My cousin just got her license, and I'm so proud of her :)

How old is she? I know it may sound like a bit of a random question, it's just that I have no idea what the laws are like where you live in regard to minimum driver age etc.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-03-30 17:38:47

At 3/30/09 05:06 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 3/30/09 04:46 PM, SupraAddict wrote: My cousin just got her license, and I'm so proud of her :)
How old is she? I know it may sound like a bit of a random question, it's just that I have no idea what the laws are like where you live in regard to minimum driver age etc.

The age limit is 16 for an operator's license, and I think 15 for a driver's permit. She's 16, and she isn't allowed anyone else to ride with her, except her parents for two months.

BBS Signature