00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Noer1800 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,332 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-03-30 18:52:56

At 3/30/09 06:09 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Oh my fucking gosh!!!

The club!! IT'S BACK!!!!! :D

Yep, do you have anything to contribute? :P

Anyways... congrats to your sister for getting her license! :D

Might wanna reread my post, buddeh ;)

I've been eagerly waiting for the day that I get my license since I was liek, 9!

I think everyone has shared that feeling.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-04-05 15:47:34

At 4/5/09 03:42 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Yes, you said your sister just got her license, then said the age limit for getting a license is 16, and that she can only ride with her parents, and no friends.

He said cousin, not sister.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-04-05 16:16:24

hey, can i be in
i am a senior at tech where i take automotive technician courses, so i know a thing or two about cars and i am going to take my test to be certified soon.
btw, i think american muscle beats any rice burner you can think of.

i stole this sig

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-04-23 21:55:57

At 4/5/09 03:47 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 4/5/09 03:42 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Yes, you said your sister just got her license, then said the age limit for getting a license is 16, and that she can only ride with her parents, and no friends.
He said cousin, not sister.

lol, and I don't live in the South, so rule out the entire idea of a sister.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-05-02 01:08:01

....Congrats?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-01 22:08:01

At 4/5/09 04:16 PM, dobo69 wrote:
btw, i think american muscle beats any rice burner you can think of.

Hah thats funnieh considering the fact that the fastest accelerating road legal car is not American made (Caparo T1, which i will admit it's not Asian). Modify any japanese roadster or any other two seater (Del-Sol, Miata, S-2000, MR2-Spyder, etc.) and you create some serious competition for less cash, to some American muscle kings.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-01 22:30:11

I've tried to make this club several times myself. Unfortunatly I always seem to fail around page seven or so, when everybody runs out of new things to say.

This seems to be at least SOMEWHAT active, so i'll give it a shot.
I've been working on cars for quite some time. I currently own a 1987 300zx, and i've owned a ton of muscle and sports cars in the past. I'll throw my hat in the ring from time to time if that's okay with everybody.

For more information on my car, check my profile.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-01 23:03:29

At 2/19/09 03:10 PM, darknessdweller wrote: So guys....
I was sorta hoping you could help me with my drawing skills when it comes to cars. :)
Because this is about the best I can do.

Sorry for the double post. Interbutt screwed up on me.

Anyways:
OOH OOOH ME ME PICK MEEEE!!! *waves hand fiercely*

The trick is to look at the outside curves of the car, and then fill in the blanks. Don't get to focused on one exact spot right away. Start with the entire car, get your lines right, and then fill in the rest of the lines from the most prominent to the least prominent, as you go.

NOTE: I drew this picture in roughly twenty minutes with the pen pictured there.

EXAMPLE:

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-02 01:49:47

At 6/1/09 10:08 PM, Saen wrote: Hah thats funnieh considering the fact that the fastest accelerating road legal car is not American made (Caparo T1, which i will admit it's not Asian). Modify any japanese roadster or any other two seater (Del-Sol, Miata, S-2000, MR2-Spyder, etc.) and you create some serious competition for less cash, to some American muscle kings.

It's amazing how much power you could put into a 4 cylinder now a days. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-02 12:18:12

At 6/2/09 01:49 AM, Seamonky wrote:
It's amazing how much power you could put into a 4 cylinder now a days. :/

Yeah take Lotus for example. Their Exige goes 0-60 in 3.9 secs with a supercharged 4 cylinder.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-06 22:18:53

I was thinking, when i finally save enough money, I'll sell my Integra and buy me a nice Smart. Not entirely for the gas mileage, but for its potential to become a real pocket rocket. Also the annoying pull of my fwd Integra drives me nuts...but i still love her.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-06 22:54:37

At 6/6/09 10:18 PM, Saen wrote: I was thinking, when i finally save enough money, I'll sell my Integra and buy me a nice Smart. Not entirely for the gas mileage, but for its potential to become a real pocket rocket. Also the annoying pull of my fwd Integra drives me nuts...but i still love her.

Pull???
So... how's that understeer?

P

I'm just kidding. I have a friend that wants to buy a Teg because it's such a good set up for a drag car or some nonsense like that. Never mind the fact that the EG, and EK hatch's are by far lighter, and mechanically pretty much the same car. He says that he likes the style of the Teg better though, which I really can't argue with. It's a personal oppinion, and I do think Tegs look better. I would still take a RWD over a FWD any day of the week though. Well unless i'm driving on ice, and even then, i'd rather run an AWD.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-06 23:08:30

At 6/6/09 10:18 PM, Saen wrote: I was thinking, when i finally save enough money, I'll sell my Integra and buy me a nice Smart. Not entirely for the gas mileage, but for its potential to become a real pocket rocket. Also the annoying pull of my fwd Integra drives me nuts...but i still love her.

The only dangers of a Smart car is that it's really small. It would be good for performance wise since it's extremely light weight. Put some bike (Hayabusa) motors on that bitch and watch it fly. :D

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-06 23:11:50

At 6/6/09 11:08 PM, Seamonky wrote:
The only dangers of a Smart car is that it's really small. It would be good for performance wise since it's extremely light weight. Put some bike (Hayabusa) motors on that bitch and watch it fly. :D

Hahaha, I can just imagine getting passed by one of those with that little "whiz" sound you get from motorized scooters. Shit dude sell your acura and get one-don't forget to post pics and a vid!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-06 23:19:24

Fuck I've seen those You Tube videos. I wish i could do that, but i can no where near afford it. As for the size, it stores more than you think and it is safer than you think. In the meantime though I might paint my Acura yellow and cover it with angry faic stickers. Tie a penicorn to the spoiler hah.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-07 00:55:21

At 6/6/09 11:19 PM, Saen wrote:
Fuck I've seen those You Tube videos. I wish i could do that, but i can no where near afford it. As for the size, it stores more than you think and it is safer than you think. In the meantime though I might paint my Acura yellow and cover it with angry faic stickers. Tie a penicorn to the spoiler hah.

You know what? Just for the lulz, I'll use my photoshopping ability to show you what that would look like if you did those modifications to your Integra.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-07 03:37:14

At 6/7/09 12:55 AM, SupraAddict wrote: You know what? Just for the lulz, I'll use my photoshopping ability to show you what that would look like if you did those modifications to your Integra.

DO IT!!!

That is all.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-07 13:27:37

At 6/6/09 11:11 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Hahaha, I can just imagine getting passed by one of those with that little "whiz" sound you get from motorized scooters. Shit dude sell your acura and get one-don't forget to post pics and a vid!

Hell yeah. The only downside is that people will think you're stupid for customizing a smart car. But when you bring the smarty to the line in a race, Say goodbye to all other cars. :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-07 15:45:06

At 6/7/09 12:55 AM, SupraAddict wrote:
You know what? Just for the lulz, I'll use my photoshopping ability to show you what that would look like if you did those modifications to your Integra.

Hah!! I'm actually seriously considering it now. I already have angry faics on it, but i need to get new darker window tint, paint it yellow, and still buy that penicorn :P.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-29 22:02:25

At 6/29/09 08:41 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Here's a good topic:

Let's talk about GM and the bad things happening to them.

Oh hell I'll bite. Nice Integra btw Saen.
General Motors are so shitty of an auto maker, they use enlarged paper cups as cupholders.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-29 22:58:21

At 6/29/09 10:02 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Oh hell I'll bite. Nice Integra btw Saen.
General Motors are so shitty of an auto maker, they use enlarged paper cups as cupholders.

Personally my most despised brand to work on is probably Saturn, which is a GM product. That or a Toyota Sequoia. I damn near broke my hand trying to break an oil filter loose on one of those damn things, not to mention the fact that I had to reach through an exhaust manifold to do it.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-06-30 13:22:10

At 6/29/09 10:58 PM, TheFaces wrote:
At 6/29/09 10:02 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Oh hell I'll bite. Nice Integra btw Saen.
Personally my most despised brand to work on is probably Saturn, which is a GM product. That or a Toyota Sequoia. I damn near broke my hand trying to break an oil filter loose on one of those damn things, not to mention the fact that I had to reach through an exhaust manifold to do it.

I can't say from a maintenance point of view which I despise, since I've only worked on checking tires for air leaks, but I have to say that Saturn is making a pretty strong comeback, and might soon break off into its own company. As for the sequoia, heheh I'm sorry to hear that. I vow never to own a minivan so that your incident will never come up again, even though they have cupholders everywhere and so many extra features...

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-01 02:53:06

At 6/30/09 01:22 PM, SupraAddict wrote: I can't say from a maintenance point of view which I despise, since I've only worked on checking tires for air leaks, but I have to say that Saturn is making a pretty strong comeback, and might soon break off into its own company. As for the sequoia, heheh I'm sorry to hear that. I vow never to own a minivan so that your incident will never come up again, even though they have cupholders everywhere and so many extra features...

Well even worse then the Sequoia, are the mid to late nineties Chrysler vans. They designed this ridiculously complicated air filter housing "Network" that makes it so that you have to remove one piece of housing, and the intake hose from the throttle body, pull that out, then reach down in between the radiator, the lower radiator hose, the engine block, and wedge your hand past the number four cylinders exhaust manifold tube to unclip two clips, and pull off another part of the air filter housing, all of this just to pull the air filter out. You know what's even more fun then that? You don't have to be all that careful pulling the thing out, but to put it back together you have to get it back together JUUUUUUUUST right, otherwise it won't fit so that the hood can close. So guess what you have to do if you messed up. START ALL OVER!!!
Fuck you Dodge. /Agnry Faic

The easiest cars to work on are probably the Toyota Camry's from the 80's, and 90's. They make everything nice and simple, and readily available.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-01 15:32:59

At 7/1/09 02:53 AM, TheFaces wrote:
At 6/30/09 01:22 PM, SupraAddict wrote:

Well even worse then the Sequoia, are the mid to late nineties Chrysler vans. They designed this ridiculously complicated air filter housing "Network" that makes it so that you have to remove one piece of housing, and the intake hose from the throttle body, pull that out, then reach down in between the radiator, the lower radiator hose, the engine block, and wedge your hand past the number four cylinders exhaust manifold tube to unclip two clips, and pull off another part of the air filter housing, all of this just to pull the air filter out. You know what's even more fun then that? You don't have to be all that careful pulling the thing out, but to put it back together you have to get it back together JUUUUUUUUST right, otherwise it won't fit so that the hood can close. So guess what you have to do if you messed up. START ALL OVER!!!
Fuck you Dodge. /Agnry Faic

Now that sounds like a pain in the ass. Let me guess, you have messed up on a Chrysler van before, haven't you? If only they went belly-up as intended...

The easiest cars to work on are probably the Toyota Camry's from the 80's, and 90's. They make everything nice and simple, and readily available.

Hey, what is the most unique vehicle you've ever worked on?

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-02 00:40:01

I don't even understand why we make SUV's. I also don't know why they are not diesel. I mean come on, you can get by with a station wagon. Same amount of space, it's just lower to the ground and needs less power. They are also safer, have better handling, and are more stylish (in my opinion).

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-02 00:48:43

At 7/1/09 03:32 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Now that sounds like a pain in the ass. Let me guess, you have messed up on a Chrysler van before, haven't you? If only they went belly-up as intended...

Correct on both accounts. It's really a pain in the ass because they're so common too, so I see a lot of them.

Hey, what is the most unique vehicle you've ever worked on?

Hmm... i've worked on a few TT Supras, a Turbo RX-7 with a three stage wankel (Sp?), a Toyota Starlet, a ZR1 Corvette, and I checked the tires on a Lambo Diablo once. That last one isn't really "Working" on it, but It's an honorable mention. I think the Starlet would have to be the rarest vehicle i've worked on though. It's the only one i've ever even seen here in Vegas.

I've "worked on" quite a few cars doing oil changes and such at my job, but those that I just mentioned (bar the Diablo, and ZR1) I was doing actual maintenance to. (Side work)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-02 00:53:14

At 7/2/09 12:40 AM, Saen wrote: I don't even understand why we make SUV's. I also don't know why they are not diesel. I mean come on, you can get by with a station wagon. Same amount of space, it's just lower to the ground and needs less power. They are also safer, have better handling, and are more stylish (in my opinion).

Well SUV's almost went the way of the Dodo in the late nineties, until all of the rappers started buying them for some unknown reason. They were originally made to help get lots of people around in off road situations, where things like station wagons won't go, and two seater trucks just can't transport enough people. I would rather have SUV's then Vans though. They're as easy to work on as any other truck, while as vans are just designed completely wrong from a mechanics point of view.

Me and my manager joke all the time at work about "Let's get all of the Auto Engineers in a room for an "Official Meeting" and blow the place up. The world would be a better place."

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 00:49:32

At 7/2/09 12:53 AM, TheFaces wrote:
At 7/2/09 12:40 AM, Saen wrote: I don't even understand why we make SUV's. I also don't know why they are not diesel. I mean come on, you can get by with a station wagon. Same amount of space, it's just lower to the ground and needs less power. They are also safer, have better handling, and are more stylish (in my opinion).
Well SUV's almost went the way of the Dodo in the late nineties, until all of the rappers started buying them for some unknown reason. They were originally made to help get lots of people around in off road situations, where things like station wagons won't go, and two seater trucks just can't transport enough people. I would rather have SUV's then Vans though. They're as easy to work on as any other truck, while as vans are just designed completely wrong from a mechanics point of view.

From what I heard, the 90's-00's Dodge Rams are one of the easiest trucks to work on/modify. I'm not sure about their new SUV's, the Nitro, and.... shit I forgot, but they seem harmless enough. It's cool that you've gotten a few Supra's in your time, they are, and will be, my favorite car.

Me and my manager joke all the time at work about "Let's get all of the Auto Engineers in a room for an "Official Meeting" and blow the place up. The world would be a better place."

Yeah, but the worst and most powerful engineer will always survive, remember the text books and "Valkyrie" or whatever they call it? Boom Boom. I also heard they came out with a movie about it, but I never got around to watch it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 01:52:29

Can't believe I haven't found this thread before. I'm in.

I love pretty much most cars, except Honda... The only nice car they made was the NSX.

opinion people!

I now have an R34 Skyline(since my Supra) which I'm selling if anybody wants to drop into New Zealand and buy it :D It's only a GTT because I can't afford the GTR as it's rediculously expensive and a banned import D:

Anyway, just for SupraAddict, here's my supra :D

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-07-03 02:06:16

Also, here's some pictures of my GTT :D

I'm looking for a nice quick Subaru. I love the version 7 STI as it's a really sexy car. I would also love to have an rx7 but I despise the sound of rotary's ):

Also;

pictures look shit because of the ng file size )':

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature