00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HAST3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wikigrounds Club

57,184 Views | 379 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-12 20:51:45

At 12/12/18 12:56 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Glad to see you back on this and keeping the wiki going good.

~X~

OK guys- Next time somebody tells you Wikigrounds is useless or dead, just tell them...

.... THE "~X~" APPROVES !!!!!!!!

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-12 22:39:04

At 12/12/18 07:43 AM, Quisty wrote:
At 12/11/18 09:02 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: If anybody wants to work on pages that need work- take a look at the Recent Changes Page- on the right hand side is a list of pages that have no categories. These include about 40 pages that are either crude pages knocked together by people who don't categorise, or vandalised pages.
I will gladly help you out. I have done lots of works with wiki before. I know some users pages that need lots of fixing.

Good luck Quisty. Let us know how you enjoy fixing things up. It could turn into a full time gig as well.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-14 17:56:04

At 12/13/18 11:58 PM, Quisty wrote:
At 12/12/18 10:39 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Good luck Quisty. Let us know how you enjoy fixing things up. It could turn into a full time gig as well.
No fulltime gigs for me atm. Just trying to help out. We will see how this turns out as I have any free time. I made the account to edit tho..so step one is done.

That is nice that you are helping out. Making the account is always the first step. Take it slow, and try to have fun with it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-21 19:43:41

At 12/21/18 01:11 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Somebody come visit this thread or the wiki itself, I'm lonely and tired of touching myself.

ITS TYLER !!!!! Welcome back. You have been at work, I see. See the PM I sent you. SO, what do you think of the wiki; it has grown in our absence, hasn't it. We left shortly after the 500 Pages project. I predict if we sharpen up the wiki it will drop back down a bit with some housekeeping. Little Rena is still around and Doctor Strongbad at least monitors the thread and keeps up a dialogue. If only Salnax and Spaintendo were to come at least now and then...

If we could set up a small team of people who came by even once a month between them it would be better.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-22 16:29:22

At 12/21/18 01:11 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Somebody come visit this thread or the wiki itself, I'm lonely and tired of touching myself.

OK. So Tyler2513 is leading for a while. He has done some great tidying up work, including removal of a number of crap pages.

Here is a project I would like people to work on, if they feel inspired:

https://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/Special:DeadendPages

Not only to we want internal links to other pages to be put into the pages, but they are probably relatively rough, recent pages that could do with looking at. In particular, the old page about Submission says little about Art- I just started the paragraph, but can't remember more than that and has Categories that should be removed, except I can't remember how to do that !

Go Team !

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-23 19:38:24

At 12/22/18 05:40 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 12/22/18 04:29 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
OK. So Tyler2513 is leading for a while. He has done some great tidying up work, including removal of a number of crap pages.

Here is a project I would like people to work on, if they feel inspired:

https://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/Special:DeadendPages

Not only to we want internal links to other pages to be put into the pages, but they are probably relatively rough, recent pages that could do with looking at. In particular, the old page about Submission says little about Art- I just started the paragraph, but can't remember more than that and has Categories that should be removed, except I can't remember how to do that !

Go Team !
On it, also just so people know what in particular I've been working on recently; I went through all the pages without categories and either deleted the irrelevant pages or added at least 1 category to the remainder, and as for categories themselves I found a number of them to be copycats of already existing categories or just unneeded.

Other than this, in the meantime plenty of pages need links and images added.

------Looks good.

Another thing that is WAY out of date is the Supporting Newgrounds page which should obviously contain a USEFUL AND INTERESTING section about becoming a Newgrounds Supporter; in fact, once we get enough data together to write a quality Page on it, this should have its own page, with history, stats, choice comments on the BBS etc as well as a small section on Supporting Newgrounds page.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-23 19:42:09

At 12/14/18 05:56 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/13/18 11:58 PM, Quisty wrote:
At 12/12/18 10:39 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Good luck Quisty. Let us know how you enjoy fixing things up. It could turn into a full time gig as well.
No fulltime gigs for me atm. Just trying to help out. We will see how this turns out as I have any free time. I made the account to edit tho..so step one is done.
That is nice that you are helping out. Making the account is always the first step. Take it slow, and try to have fun with it.

---Hey Dr, I wonder if you could join us on this thread with a few suggestions of what might attract volunteers on the wiki- and what might make the wiki more attractive? Tyler is willing to admin again and the Wiki is warming up a bit, but I will disappear again soon...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-23 19:46:43

At 1/27/18 11:18 AM, littlbox wrote:
At 1/25/18 08:17 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: What is wrong with it is that virtually nobody does any work on it! Us old guys have moved on to other things and I, for one am not coming back. You, or anybody else, are welcome to join in and create/improve the site- once you have done a substantial bit of work here, of reasonable quality, you can become admin- go get some points!
Sounds good. I've noticed that the wiki needs a bit of updating. I'll do what I can!

-- Now is the time to get on board. Talk to Tyler. He is doing the bulk of the work at the moment :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-24 12:09:34

At 5/14/15 09:54 PM, Viper wrote:
At 5/13/15 11:36 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I thought about re-building Wikigrounds, starting from scratch.
It'd be nice if someone went through and fixed, updated, and improved it so it'd be better than it is now.
As it is now, it's in very dire need of an update. Also the mod and staff lists weren't up to date the last time I went on there...

-- It is not impossible. There is plenty to do, but a solid base to work on. Here are some more things I would like to see done, if you or anyone would like to join in:

1. As you say, update the Admin/Mod pages. I have been gone for about eight years, has Wade left? His page is ambiguous?
  2. Has voting changed? I see the system appears to give us up to from 0- 10 instead of 0-5. That means tweaking a number of pages.
  3. Has TOTW gone? if so... work to be done.
  4. I see Front Page now has an icon and system, which needs to be updated.
  5. To be tolerably comprehensive we need at least a Page for each Tank Award.

I will soon be gone again for a long while, so if any of you are quietly watching this and thinking "maybe..." now is the time, while we have a few people around to inspire and get together for companionship and dialogue.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-25 15:20:01

At 2/9/12 08:08 PM, Sectus wrote: I apologize for not being around the wiki that often. Obviously the redesign has brought up some confusion and I am having to adjust to the changes, and get used to all the new systems. I will get back to editing the wiki whenever I am able.

SO- are we going to see you on WikiG ?? There is SO much to do, starting right from 2012, when Tom announced the start of the Supporters system , including a major update on the History of Newgrounds from then on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-25 20:34:49

At 12/24/18 12:09 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: Stuff

Hope you don't mind, I updated two pages ("Audio Portal" and "Elite Guard Barracks"). I can update the staff/mod page if you'd like (not today, but soonâ„¢).

To answer some of your questions (bear with me, they didn't include in the quote for whatever reason):

1) Has Wade left? His page is ambiguous?

Yes, he's mostly living his own life but remains with mod status. He pops by from time to time (was on earlier this month, mostly lurking).

2) Has voting changed?

Yes. See this for more info.

3) Has TOTW gone?

From what I understand, yes. TOTW was removed as people were actively competing for it (which, yeah why not)

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2018-12-26 13:04:30

I updated the Staff and Moderators page as promised. I've also been doing random edits here and there under the following criteria: whatever comes up when I hit "random". A lot of the user-specific pages were minor edits to reflect level/BP and/or current/former mod status.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-01-01 18:46:05

At 3/19/10 12:40 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Nice club icedragon. I remember you saying something about wiki before. Ill help keeping this abit active. Anyways nice club

~X~

Hey X - tell us what you think the Wiki should be/do - what might people look up on the wiki? How do you see its purpose? Do you ever use it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-01-01 18:50:52

At 4/3/10 09:34 PM, Fire wrote: Im in, I was actuatally one of the original founders of the wiki, but lost interest and it kinda stood there for a few years. Ill try to add some stuff when I can, like strategy/medal guides for games, stuff like that.

SO, Lord Fire the ORIGINAL Master of Wiklgrounds, are you still around at all? Do you ever drop by? What do YOU think Wikigrounds should be FOR? What do you think people expect to find there? Why did you create it in the first place?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-01-01 19:30:49 (edited 2019-01-01 19:32:17)

It has been many years since the Monthly Theme has been won- we have been stuck on the 2012 Redesign for all these years - It has not really been finished as the summary for 2012 does not, for example, include the vital change that took place that year- the change to include non-Flash submissions. This was surely really important. Anyone who can sort out that whole Redesign Page can contact Tyler2513 and be a WINNER !!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-01-12 09:25:31

Congratulations to Krinkels on his latest Madness Combat - 11:Expurgation, which has, of course won Daily, Weekly and Review Crew. TBH, since I have never been a great fan, nor watched any of them in the last 8 years, I found it hard to follow who was who etc., but I am sure that is just me.

I have created the most basic of Pages for 11: Ex on Wikigrounds, just to start the ball rolling. Please can somebody refer to the other MC episode pages for style and make this a proper Page. We are particularly looking to get data from different sources to improve the wiki's reputation as a one-stop source, so please combine data from the movie and its Page on NG, info from Krinkel's own Page and perhaps anything that Staff have said, along, ideally, with any special gems from other sites where it can be viewed.

Thanks to Salnax having put in a lot of sterling work on Madness Combat ten years ago, we have a great start on the subject; it would be great to maintain it.

https://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/Madness_Combat_11

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-01-20 16:43:07

I miss SALNAX on here. He was a really major part of the team and it is NOT the same without him. He created a large number of quality pages; he had a lot of good ideas and saw to it that they were started and organised and he understood how things worked better than most of us. :(

As ever, we are open to new volunteers to join, or even contribute without joining PLUS you can give us your thoughts on what kind of things you expect to see on Wikigrounds. WHY do you go there? Do you find the ANSWERS you are looking for?

I like the Wade Fulp page. Now that he rarely comes here, I think it summarises who he is and was on Newgrounds well for people who hear about him now, but don't know him now he doesn't work for NG.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-01-26 12:47:45

Does somebody feel like EXPANDING the page for our Staff Member- BrenTheMan ???

If you don't know what we usually do for Staff, take a look at the other Staff Pages- Wade Fulp is a good one. Try to imagine why someone might look him up - what might people want to know in a one-stop way about a staff member? Probably what he DOES professionally is the first thing, it is why he has a Page after all.

https://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/BrenTheMan

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-04-23 01:06:24 (edited 2019-04-23 01:22:02)

Im paying attention. Busy, but here. I wonder if the entire collections and series lists have been gone through? Plenty of history to be recorded there.

Also another question, are articles about adult content allowed? is there a way to put the content under "spoiler" hiding mechanisms?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-04-23 20:38:37

At 4/23/19 01:06 AM, Kehmicle wrote: Im paying attention. Busy, but here. I wonder if the entire collections and series lists have been gone through? Plenty of history to be recorded there.

• Not quite sure what you mean. "Gone through" in what way?

Also another question, are articles about adult content allowed? is there a way to put the content under "spoiler" hiding mechanisms?

• No-one has ever said they are not allowed, but I personally would not want any NSFW content in the Wiki itself. References to such material, if otherwise Notable would seem logical enough. Adult Content is part of what Newgrounds is and always has been, even if prudes like me are not interested in it!
  • I have no interest in setting up hiding mechanisms; others may see it differently.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-04-24 11:05:40

At 4/23/19 01:06 AM, Kehmicle wrote: Im paying attention. Busy, but here. I wonder if the entire collections and series lists have been gone through? Plenty of history to be recorded there.

• I have now scanned your work- keep going !! Sorry I can't remember where the list of Notability is, but see if you can find it. I don't want our good workers to get wrapped up in things we then remove. In order to have some reputation, we generally would rather have a select number of Pages of the most significant things- the things people often want to know about- especially those things we have worthwhile information about- something people will feel they were glad to have read with us- than loads of pages of loads of authors and submissions that are just blah stuff everybody can read on their notes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-04-24 19:13:00

Thanks, I just went through new pages to expand a few. Shame about this platform is that it only tracks analytics back 30 days so I cant see any pages created older than 30 days in the new category. Ill look for that list of notables.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-04-26 03:40:51

At 4/24/19 07:13 PM, Kehmicle wrote: Thanks, I just went through new pages to expand a few. Shame about this platform is that it only tracks analytics back 30 days so I cant see any pages created older than 30 days in the new category. Ill look for that list of notables.

Is there a way to correct that? How many days back should the new category be increased?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-04-26 05:22:47

At 4/26/19 03:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/24/19 07:13 PM, Kehmicle wrote: Thanks, I just went through new pages to expand a few. Shame about this platform is that it only tracks analytics back 30 days so I cant see any pages created older than 30 days in the new category. Ill look for that list of notables.
Is there a way to correct that? How many days back should the new category be increased?

I am sure there is a way to see New things further back, but I can't remember.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-04-26 05:32:17

I have found the link to Notability. It is not a fixed list, but a dialogue; If somebody cares to write it out or resolve it in some way to a clear list of definitions of Notability- be my guest.

https://newgrounds.fandom.com/wiki/Forum:Notability_standards?t=20190103203616

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-04-27 18:49:15

If it could be made to be pages which have recieved zero edits since creation, That may be a better criteria. Just my thoughts.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-05-02 18:27:58

At 4/27/19 06:49 PM, Kehmicle wrote:
If it could be made to be pages which have recieved zero edits since creation, That may be a better criteria. Just my thoughts.

Criteria for what? Why do you want to see those? Many new pages are made in more than one edit and much of the work we need to check is editing/vandalising existing Pages.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-05-03 03:05:50

At 5/2/19 06:27 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
At 4/27/19 06:49 PM, Kehmicle wrote:
At 4/26/19 03:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Is there a way to correct that? How many days back should the new category be increased?

That is an interesting way to go about it.

Criteria for what? Why do you want to see those? Many new pages are made in more than one edit and much of the work we need to check is editing/vandalising existing Pages.

That is a valid point. There is plenty of work that still needs to be done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-05-04 14:07:53

Hi, been following this thread for a while. Also, i have a question. Can we turn the Newgrounds into a semi-joke wiki, like 1d4chan? Just a thought.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-05-05 21:54:00

At 5/4/19 02:07 PM, Magotrap wrote: Hi, been following this thread for a while. Also, i have a question. Can we turn the Newgrounds into a semi-joke wiki, like 1d4chan? Just a thought.

Please no. Hundreds of people have put thousands of hours into creating it as it is. Thousands of visitors come to see it as it is, so clearly there is a demand for Wkigounds as it is. If you wanted to make your own comic version I, for one would not object, so long as no attempt was made to make it actually look like or be confused with ours.

BBS Signature