00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wikigrounds Club

57,173 Views | 379 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2011-12-25 02:35:32

I;ve made you a template based on the user template for Groups, do you think it has enough information on it for an infobox? Group Template

Yeah, I know I'm not really part of this crew but I got bored and figured that crews could have done with in infobox for quick information.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-01-02 08:59:29

At 12/25/11 02:35 AM, Little-Rena wrote: I;ve made you a template based on the user template for Groups, do you think it has enough information on it for an infobox? Group Template

-I'm a little confused here. I see the template- like the one we use for Crews , e.g. Clock Crew, but what is it for? Are you proposing that we create a Page for the Wikigrounds Club on Wikigrounds? I don't think it is anywhere near Notable enough compared to the other major NG clubs.

Yeah, I know I'm not really part of this crew

-TBH I never really envisaged the Club thread as in any way an exclusive club- in fact your comments help to explain why so many people read the contents but don't comment. I just wanted people to have a forum on NG to talk to each other. However, as far as I am concerned, if there is a club, you are in it. You would be one of the people I would turn to to talk about Crews, for example, and you have dropped in on the Wiki for a long time now.

but I got bored and figured that crews could have done with in infobox for quick information.

- Huh? Are you saying that you haven't been to the other Crew Pages? Clocks, Locks etc. Did you just create that box which is more or less identical to the one we already use, from scratch?

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-01-02 09:09:14

Job Done
. I decided to finish Interviews properly last night, so I put in a link from every Page that has an interview to the apt Interview on NG. It is not what I had in mind- I was hoping people would actually extract quotes from the Interviews and put them on Pages, but this will have to do.

I off for a month, I spent more time on this than I intended to, but it couldn't go on for ever. I will be attending to other things, such as my writing.

Right now I am off to make some bat boxes and to enjoy a little winter sunshine. See y'all in Feb

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-01-03 20:12:36

Here's something you could make a Wiki on the Wikigrounds about!

http://bigred.newgrounds.com/news/post/5 92487

The New Grounds Hip-Hop Competition 2011!

(Not sure if you already have, or what.)

Also, I'm allowed to make a wiki for things such as...
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1282 916

When I'm all said and done with the project, correct?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-01-06 12:06:14

I've been updating older pages. Fortunately, almost everything has been updated at least since summer of 2010, but I think I can push that forward to at least 2011.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-01-22 20:14:48

At 1/3/12 08:12 PM, ThisIsAnEmergency wrote: Here's something you could make a Wiki on the Wikigrounds about!

http://bigred.newgrounds.com/news/post/5 92487

The New Grounds Hip-Hop Competition 2011!

(Not sure if you already have, or what.)

OK. We need to decide on criteria of Notability for Newgrounds competitions. I could knock up a competition with a couple of my friends tomorrow, but it wouldn't be Notable. I suppose one like this, with Store Credit must be supported by Newgrounds, so maybe, but what does everyone think?

Also, I'm allowed to make a wiki for things such as...
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1282 916

When I'm all said and done with the project, correct?

I don't get what this project is. If its just a one-off music collab of some sort, then no, unless it produces Notable music, we will delete the page. If it is some kind of music crew, then maybe it would be like Flash crews, most of whom get Pages. If you feel the result is Notable for some reason, write a simple Page including whatever info shows its Notability and we will consider it. Or contact whoever is active on Wikigrounds at that moment.

When you say "a wiki" you mean "a Page on Wikigrounds". As a matter of fact, you can create your own wiki on any subject, if you wish- the Kitty Crew, Madness, Soup Squad, Clock Crew and Lock Legion all have their own wikis

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-02-08 07:21:45

The Interviewer is currently off the front page. Never fear though, Tom is looking to get it back up there. He told me he is working on shuffling around the front page and he will find a spot for it. In the meantime we're gonna keep going.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-02-09 20:04:40

At 1 day ago, The-Great-One wrote: The Interviewer is currently off the front page. Never fear though, Tom is looking to get it back up there. He told me he is working on shuffling around the front page and he will find a spot for it. In the meantime we're gonna keep going.

OK. you do that. The Interviewer is clearly Notable and we will make a Page for it, when I recover from the shock of the Redesign here!

So much to do, so little time to do it:

We should really respond to the changes here on NG in all kinds of ways on the Wiki, but I am too busy writing etc. Can somebody please set up the Monthly Changes, including making the 2012 Redesign the Monthly Theme competition?
thanks to those that have made a start on it- including Incdis and Mikeys

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-02-09 20:08:22

I apologize for not being around the wiki that often. Obviously the redesign has brought up some confusion and I am having to adjust to the changes, and get used to all the new systems. I will get back to editing the wiki whenever I am able.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-02-15 15:24:13

The Interviewer is back on the front page. It is part of the "Featured Stuff" slides that shows the featured game, movie, artist, musician. It now houses Featured Interview.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-03-27 19:18:03

At 3/18/12 02:06 AM, Austerity wrote: I like this wiki but it needs at least 500 more pages. Perhaps I'll contribute and make some.

What kind of Pages do you think it needs? If you are seriously thinking of creating Pages, please check out our definitions of Notability or your Pages may end up deleted. Welcome anyway!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-03-27 19:25:14

Way to go, Salnax! He has been quietly keeping the Wiki going for a while now- give him some help guys!

Monthly Theme

Redesigns. Especially the recent one. What are the changes ? Show us comparative pix; What does Tom say? What do other Notable people say? Are there problems? Is it as promised? Have the problems been fixed? How does this Redesign compare to the previous ones? Where does NG go from here? How do NG redesigns compare with those of other sites?

I will return to judge the month on May 1st- Let the editing begin!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-12-01 18:17:27

Hey, I'm new to Wikigrounds, I haven't edited anything yet but I suggest something to be added. Not a new artice but writing about what kind of features that have been removed or changed since the redesign.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2012-12-18 19:33:43

At 12/1/12 06:17 PM, Dragen wrote: Hey, I'm new to Wikigrounds, I haven't edited anything yet but I suggest something to be added. Not a new artice but writing about what kind of features that have been removed or changed since the redesign.

Yes, it should be done. Why don't you do it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2013-03-12 05:48:50

At 3/12/13 02:59 AM, jaxxDS wrote: Still waiting for one of the Wikiagrounds admins to contact me...

It had been nearly three months since this thread has active when you posted that you wanted them to contact you and seeing as this page of the thread has taken over a year to get through I'd say you'll have to wait a little longer. Be patient and I'm sure they'll turn up, eventually.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2013-03-21 09:38:02

At 3/19/13 08:39 PM, jaxxDS wrote: I've got a few of the old profile templates replaced with the newer ones, but I took a couple of days off to work on my NG Medal score :P.

I think that is something that everybody has been doing since the new update.

Hopefully, I can find someone to split up the work with for remaking the User Levels page :)

It is something that I'd really like to help with but unfortunately I have quite a bit on my plate right now so I think that I'm going to have to pass for the time being. Maybe once everything has settled down IRL.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2013-06-28 19:16:16

At 4/14/13 12:57 AM, jaxxDS wrote: Just had to undo a bit of vandalism by the DD.

Well done, sir Keep plugging away. Make sure you keep a calm, neutral tone when you deal with anyone, it is the traditional Wikigrounds way, which has kept us from being too badly effected by trolls. Make some plans, do some work, tell NG what you are up to and others may join you. Your message attracted me and I've been Looong gone. I will be gone again soon, but I will have a little look at WikiG now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2013-11-04 16:55:40

At 3/12/13 02:59 AM, jaxxDS wrote:
At 3/7/13 10:57 AM, jaxxDS wrote: I'm wondering who's the current admins of the Newgrounds Wikia? I'd like to update some horridly out of date pages but it looks like some things are "protected"
Still waiting for one of the Wikiagrounds admins to contact me...

What would you like to update that is protected?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2013-11-05 16:12:56

At 11/5/13 11:50 AM, jaxxDS wrote: Oh, this issue was solved already earlier this year ^_^. One of the other admins already helped.

I keep forgetting about the Newgrounds wiki. It makes me wonder if it gets used that much.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2014-06-22 16:39:09

Glad to see the Wiki still being used. It need some care and attention though. I no longer have time to keep coming and some people made really trivial Pages. I can barely even remember how to do it.

Wikigrounds Forever! & Dragons Rule !

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2014-07-05 00:49:25

At 7/4/14 09:53 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Someone deleted the wiki of @UsernameUser and I will not rest before it's back!

Hahaha thanks, buddy.

In response to @SCT3, I did! I thankfully had saved the text from my former Wikia page in a Google Drive document. I used this to reinstate my Wikia page, which was immediately deleted by Icedragon64 (AHEM).

I have sent an extremely cordial PM to the aforementioned user, which you can see below.

This is the THIRD time he has deleted my Wikia with no replies whatsoever or any explanation. This behavior is not only counterproductive but unbelievably rude.

Anyone who has seen my page will probably agree that it was far more substantial than 67.23% of the user Wikias out there, with a full profile, user background, table of contents, fun facts and over 20 hours of work put into it. To delete it THREE FUCKING TIMES with no clear reason whatsoever transcends all logic and enters the realm of insanity.

Icedragon64, I DEMAND an explanation.

The Wikigrounds Club

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2014-08-02 20:03:22

I have sent this User an explanation of why his Page about himself has been deleted. In a nutshell he does not conform to any of the criteria of Notability, thus although his Page is otherwise a good enough Page it will always be deleted unless he becomes Notable on NG.

Sorry for the delay- I am very rarely on NG any more.

At 7/5/14 12:49 AM, UsernameUser wrote:
At 7/4/14 09:53 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Someone deleted the wiki of @UsernameUser and I will not rest before it's back!
Hahaha thanks, buddy.

In response to @SCT3, I did! I thankfully had saved the text from my former Wikia page in a Google Drive document. I used this to reinstate my Wikia page, which was immediately deleted by Icedragon64 (AHEM).

I have sent an extremely cordial PM to the aforementioned user, which you can see below.

This is the THIRD time he has deleted my Wikia with no replies whatsoever or any explanation. This behavior is not only counterproductive but unbelievably rude.

Anyone who has seen my page will probably agree that it was far more substantial than 67.23% of the user Wikias out there, with a full profile, user background, table of contents, fun facts and over 20 hours of work put into it. To delete it THREE FUCKING TIMES with no clear reason whatsoever transcends all logic and enters the realm of insanity.

Icedragon64, I DEMAND an explanation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2014-08-02 20:06:59

At 7/6/14 09:47 AM, Amaranthus wrote: My wiki should be revived as well.
Make it happen.

I assume you mean your Page- the term wiki is usually used for a wiki-style encyclopedia rather than the Pages on it.

At a guess you are probably not Notable either. If either of you wish to appeal then write to me or one of the other Admins, here on on Wikigrounds stating the reason you consider yourself NOTABLE on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2014-08-02 20:10:41

At 7/4/14 10:56 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
Could always recreate and write it up, there's quite a few other pages that could use updating too.

Dear SCTE3,

You may have a Page on Wikigrounds because you are an Admin, however, these other chaps have shown nothing about them which fit our criteria of Notability. Yes the site needs lots of work, but I don't come here or there much any more. I really feel I have done more than enough for Wikigrounds and just do a little deletion now and then.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2014-08-03 23:51:43

At 8/2/14 08:03 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: I have sent this User an explanation of why his Page about himself has been deleted. In a nutshell he does not conform to any of the criteria of Notability, thus although his Page is otherwise a good enough Page it will always be deleted unless he becomes Notable on NG.

1. If your goal is to expand the Newgrounds Wikia, deleting pages which you deem to be of topics not worth noting, you are, indeed, acting counter-productively.
2. May I suggest that one of the reasons you do not know of me is that
a. As you admit, you rarely use Newgrounds anymore
b. Do not, and never did use Newgrounds Featureless Chat
c. If either [a] or [b] were antithetical, this point would be intent.
3. I am not un-known. If we're going to come right down to it
a. I have an icon, you don't
b. I have nearly three times more fans than you
c. I don't hate everything that brings joy to others
d. My sense of humor is deep and complex, I can only assume that you derive solace in laughing hysterically at walls
4. I actually spent time in correcting grammatical and general aesthetic mistakes within my page; even your reply (above) is nearly illegible. If it is any consolation, I shall gladly construct you a page of your very own, if it will quell your petty insecurity.

Have a nice day.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2014-08-03 23:55:02

3. I am not un-known. If we're going to come right down to it

Upon further review, I have chosen to retract point 3a; @IceDragon64 has an icon, but no profile picture upon the date of this publication.

You can still have a nice day.

The Wikigrounds Club

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2015-05-08 12:10:13

At 8/3/14 11:51 PM, UsernameUser wrote: 3. I am not un-known. If we're going to come right down to it

Doesn't mean you're well known, @NeonSpider for example has no user icon or profile pic as i'm writing this and he's more popular than me and many other users who've been using a pic since we signed up.

b. I have nearly three times more fans than you

Once again, doesn't really mean you're well known, i have double your amount of fans (26 to 55, in case that number falls or rises by the time someone reads this) and i'm still fairly unknown myself.

c. I don't hate everything that brings joy to others
d. My sense of humor is deep and complex, I can only assume that you derive solace in laughing hysterically at walls
4. I actually spent time in correcting grammatical and general aesthetic mistakes within my page; even your reply (above) is nearly illegible. If it is any consolation, I shall gladly construct you a page of your very own, if it will quell your petty insecurity.

Have a nice day.

Cheap jabs at @IceDragon64 because he didn't deem your page there acceptable? Really?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2015-05-08 17:10:01

At 5/8/15 12:10 PM, Radaketor wrote: Doesn't mean you're well known, @NeonSpider for example has no user icon or profile pic as i'm writing this and he's more popular than me and many other users who've been using a pic since we signed up.

I would say that I'm very hit-and-miss. Some people love me. Some people hate me. Some may flip-flop between the two. I tend to be strongly opinionated and sometimes people might not like that or they might love it, just depending on their own views and personalities. There can also be differences in sense of humor, tastes, and so on.

I wouldn't say you're unpopular. You seem pretty well-liked to me. I can't think of anyone who doesn't like you. My own personal opinion is you are one of the better posters on the site.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2015-05-08 17:16:28

At 5/8/15 05:10 PM, NeonSpider wrote: I wouldn't say you're unpopular. You seem pretty well-liked to me. I can't think of anyone who doesn't like you. My own personal opinion is you are one of the better posters on the site.

Thanks but i meant popular as in people will know who you are more than they would know me. Like for example Tom or Wade, they're some of the most popular users on this site, maybe it's because of the language barrier between us that i didn't word that correctly.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2015-05-09 13:43:39

At 5/9/15 06:07 AM, Amaranthus wrote: I'm popular.

Eeheheeheh

*cough*

You sure are...

Anyways, whatchu guys doing here?

BBS Signature