00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SumMadLad just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wikigrounds Club

57,188 Views | 379 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-11 21:25:30

lol there was a only you can prevent wildfires ad in the sirtom93 article, good work

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-12 10:07:55

Official Wiki on Newgrounds!!!!

Tom has announced the creation of an official wiki within Newgrounds for all their official information about the site. Although some have expressed concern about our relevence in the face of this, Salnax and I see it differently:
1. We have posted on that thread and gained a little immediate promotion.
2. We had the first comment and acknowledgement from the Staff- all positive
3. We see their wiki as a useful primary source of information
4. Since Tom is offering people the change to be considered for writing for it, our wiki may be a useful proving ground for that
5. As we work to differentiate ourselves from them, poeple will see the significance of our wiki more over time.

No problem!

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-12 14:28:50

Yeah, the official wiki doesn't seem nearly as comprehensive as the wikia page.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-13 11:17:17

I for one am glad to see this new Newgrounds wiki. Our emphasis is much broader, and our style is more open and easy to navigate. But its good to see all of Newgrounds's information gathered into one space. Really, the Newgrounds wiki in its current form is just all of the existing FAQs and Histories gathered into one place. Wikigrounds is far from obsolete.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-15 01:27:45

Using this website, we were able to learn a bit more about who uses Wikigrounds.

58% of Visitors are from the US, 10% from the UK, 6% from Canada, and 1 to 3% from Australia, Germany, Philippines, Sweden, Mexico, Finland, Brazil. This is similar to Newgrounds traffic, though more biased towards the US, which is a bit less than half of Newgrounds traffic.

In the US, the states we get the most visitors from are California, New York, Texas, and Florida. Nothing particularly interesting, considering how these are the four most populous states.

In total, we have about 2250 unique visitors a month.

58% of Wikigrounds visitors are male, as opposed to only 50% of Newgrounds users.

In general, our daily traffic is 90 people. Before the big thread we made made in January, it was somewhere from 40 to 60 a day. We reached our record, 238, the day after we posted the big thread.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-16 16:26:03

http://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_Tr iple_Pack

I've started this one. Someone mind formatting the side bar? I have no idea why the author comments won't go to a new line when they are supposed to.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-16 22:19:34

At 3/16/10 04:26 PM, milinko959 wrote: http://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_Tr iple_Pack

I've started this one. Someone mind formatting the side bar? I have no idea why the author comments won't go to a new line when they are supposed to.

I'll deal with it.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-17 19:44:22

We now have a new poll on the front page: "What kind of information are you looking for Wikigrounds?" This will help us prioritize articles and whatnot. Be sure to vote!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-18 20:47:42

At 3/17/10 07:44 PM, Salnax wrote: We now have a new poll on the front page: "What kind of information are you looking for Wikigrounds?" This will help us prioritize articles and whatnot. Be sure to vote!

--Hah! I can hardly remember what I originally came to WikiG for. I assume it was Crew info. I seem to remember I wanted to know which crews were significant etc. All this time later and I have learnt SO much about NG from editing all the pages and creating pages too. It seems like years, but its only a few months since we really got started. Games this month; Mods next month- trying to make the pages worth reading.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-19 12:40:45

Nice club icedragon. I remember you saying something about wiki before. Ill help keeping this abit active. Anyways nice club

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-21 00:41:55

We now have 35 articles on Flash Games, over twice as many as we had 20 days ago. I was hoping that we could have 40 game articles by the end of the month, but if we make a push, we can reach 50! Let's do this!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-21 08:47:56

At 3/19/10 12:40 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Nice club icedragon. I remember you saying something about wiki before. Ill help keeping this abit active. Anyways nice club

~X~

THE X came here! Awesome. THE reviewer likes us! When we have finished the projects (overkill!) on BBS and the Games project I want to do something about reviews on wikiG. I don't know what, but something.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-21 09:17:51

At 2/11/10 12:56 PM, milinko959 wrote: The wiki is pretty cool. I wrote one article for it years ago. Don't feel like I'm really knowledgeable enough to write up stuff.

But you get my full support.

oh, Myabe I should write something :)

(360) Gamertag: plasma suthix

I love Posting on forums. (lol thats all I could come up with)

Click here for pwn WEB

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-21 21:38:14

At 3/21/10 08:47 AM, IceDragon64 wrote: THE X came here! Awesome. THE reviewer likes us! When we have finished the projects (overkill!) on BBS and the Games project I want to do something about reviews on wikiG. I don't know what, but something.

Sounds good to me, so how long you been doing this anyways? hope it all turnsout for the best which it seems to be.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-21 23:17:41

At 3/21/10 09:38 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 3/21/10 08:47 AM, IceDragon64 wrote: THE X came here! Awesome. THE reviewer likes us! When we have finished the projects (overkill!) on BBS and the Games project I want to do something about reviews on wikiG. I don't know what, but something.
Sounds good to me, so how long you been doing this anyways? hope it all turnsout for the best which it seems to be.

~X~

In some way, shape, or form, Wikigrounds has been around since 2006. But since late November 2009, we've about doubled in size and vastly improved the quality of our material.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-22 21:37:30

Currently, we're in the middle of creating a major page: A List of Flash Game Genres. We have already created a basic framework and some info, but it is still mostly incomplete. If you get the chance, go to the article, and add information and links to an appropriate section.

This could be the biggest page of Flash Games month.

Thanks in Advance!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-30 21:03:41

We are almost finished with the month and barring a miracle eleventh hour effort, it seems clear who has won the competition for Games Month - go on, get in there and stun us with ten new pages on the most notable games on Newgrounds, complete with pix and links before the month is up and surprise me!!!!

No seriously, its already looking great and I will report the final result on Thursday, along with announcing the new focus for April 2010.

Meanwhile if you have ideas for what we should be focussing on, or you want a preview of our calendar of plans go HERE

We aim to hit 300 Pages of Notable info during April, which means we will have doubled our pages in less than 6 months.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-31 00:17:46

I'm going to be away until Sunday or so (depending on your time zone). If you have any questions, ask Icedragon. Not me. Because I won't be able to answer them.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-31 20:14:43

The March Focus was on Flash Games and the winner was Salnax. We started the month with 13 games and had a target of 40 suitable pages of games by the end of the month. Thanks to some sterling work, mostly headed by Salnax, we more than achieved this. We now have 45 games all categorised, with pix, a games infobox and information about how the game works and its reception on Newgrounds. Various other people have been involved, notably Spaintendo, our latest rising star, and unregistered people dropping in to fix the odd link etc.

The subject for April is Newgrounds Moderators. We have pages for most of them, but we want to make the last dozen or so to complete the set. Also, the pages we have are mostly just stubs with info taken from their user page. Mods are usually people who have quite a lot of experience before being selected, so there should be interesting things to say about all of them in their posts and on their own websites. If you want to help, you can tinker with lots of pages, or you can focus on one or two. Please, no unproven rumours, we want lots of links, preferably in-line, to show evidence of anything remotely controversial.

Go HERE
to see our Moderator page and links

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-03-31 23:38:56

Aww Icedragon and co seem to be hard at work these days still getting all that data in there hehe nice job and keep at it

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-03 18:57:19

At 3/31/10 11:38 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Aww Icedragon and co seem to be hard at work these days still getting all that data in there hehe nice job and keep at it

~X~

Its funny how most of the major people who support wikiG have a page on it! At least X didn't write his page, I did.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-03 21:34:20

Im in, I was actuatally one of the original founders of the wiki, but lost interest and it kinda stood there for a few years. Ill try to add some stuff when I can, like strategy/medal guides for games, stuff like that.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-03 23:12:39

At 4/3/10 09:34 PM, Fire wrote: Im in, I was actuatally one of the original founders of the wiki, but lost interest and it kinda stood there for a few years. Ill try to add some stuff when I can, like strategy/medal guides for games, stuff like that.

Well if it isn't one of the "old gods," as Icedragon says. Nice to see you!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-06 19:18:37

SMASH!!!

We just broke through the 300 Page mark! Our Mods project is going very well, we are in our first week and we have already made the basic pages of many mods and we are building on all of them with pix and info. Did I say a dozen still to do last week? No, rather more than that, we have 19 still to do now (wishfull thinking!)

Still, we have Fire, Salnax, HibiscusKazeneko, Milinko, myself and various new folk, even unregistered editors chipping in.

Surely you can do just one edit somewhere? Make a page, put in a pic or a link. Find something about the Mods from their posts etc.

Bigbadron is a crane operator; Evark is a DJ; SBB was only 12 when he became a mod; Rucklo's name is Victor
- not Earth-shattering news, I know, but people get curious and they can find it out on WikiG (if we put it there!)
Thanks everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-07 22:14:52

At 4/6/10 07:18 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: SMASH!!!

We just broke through the 300 Page mark!

We only had 150 articles in January!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-12 21:14:52

A message to all Wikigrounds users and editors: a number of articles on ex-moderators on Wikigrounds are being deleted, due to irrelevance. They are being incorporated into a new article, which you can find here. If you believe that any exmods are particularly notable, please visit Wikigrounds and leave a comment on the discussion page.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-16 20:54:22

a number of articles on ex-moderators on Wikigrounds are being deleted...

Salnax isn't kidding. We don't have that much to say about most Moderators, as it is, so when someone isn't a moderator any more, if there isn't much else to say, why have a page for them?

We're gonna bin them at the end of April, so get in there and defend any pages you want us to keep. explore their posts and their sites and give us some links and facts or we hit the Delete button.

Who is this Bigbadron? Is he big? Is he bad? Is his name really Ron? Tell me what is Notable about him. Maus is no longer a mod- should squash her page down to a small paragraph on the Ex-mods page?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-19 22:48:19

Remember everyone: it is still Moderator Month. There are still a few articles that have to be made, and a number of existing articles that are still stubs. There is still time to make an impact and be our Monthly contest winner.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-20 21:14:49

At 4/19/10 10:48 PM, Salnax wrote: Remember everyone: it is still Moderator Month. There are still a few articles that have to be made, and a number of existing articles that are still stubs. There is still time to make an impact and be our Monthly contest winner.

Much thanks to whoever did my page! :D But there about 1,000 other artists who deserve a page before (most) of us mods.

I do hope that the levels/BP ranks update automatically, or else these profiles will be a nuisance to keep up-to-date.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-04-22 18:36:42

At 4/20/10 09:14 PM, Timmy wrote: Much thanks to whoever did my page! :D But there about 1,000 other artists who deserve a page before (most) of us mods.

At some point back in January, we realized that half of our visitors are BBS regulars. So having articles on the mods makes some sense. Still, there is still some debate over mod notability. Its an ongoing thing.

I do hope that the levels/BP ranks update automatically, or else these profiles will be a nuisance to keep up-to-date.

Unfortunately, they don't. Every so often, we have to go around and check the info. Its a real pain in the ***, but its the best method we have at the moment.