00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wikigrounds Club

57,182 Views | 379 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-05-23 22:20:21

At 5/2/19 06:27 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
At 4/27/19 06:49 PM, Kehmicle wrote:
At 4/26/19 03:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/24/19 07:13 PM, Kehmicle wrote: Thanks, I just went through new pages to expand a few. Shame about this platform is that it only tracks analytics back 30 days so I cant see any pages created older than 30 days in the new category. Ill look for that list of notables.
Is there a way to correct that? How many days back should the new category be increased?
If it could be made to be pages which have recieved zero edits since creation, That may be a better criteria. Just my thoughts.
Criteria for what? Why do you want to see those? Many new pages are made in more than one edit and much of the work we need to check is editing/vandalising existing Pages.

Criteria for what is considered a "new page" just because newer pages likely require more edits than ones that have been around a long time and have been edited multiple times. More edits, more completeness, essentially. The 'new' pages only go back 30 days though instead of 'new' pages being determined by the number of edits. Thats what I meant, doesnt matter though.

did you mean the most important tasks are: update and continually fact-check the notables? rather than add new articles?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-05-27 05:38:56

At 5/23/19 10:20 PM, Kehmicle wrote:
At 5/2/19 06:27 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
At 4/27/19 06:49 PM, Kehmicle wrote:
At 4/26/19 03:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/24/19 07:13 PM, Kehmicle wrote: Thanks, I just went through new pages to expand a few. Shame about this platform is that it only tracks analytics back 30 days so I cant see any pages created older than 30 days in the new category. Ill look for that list of notables.
Is there a way to correct that? How many days back should the new category be increased?
If it could be made to be pages which have recieved zero edits since creation, That may be a better criteria. Just my thoughts.
Criteria for what? Why do you want to see those? Many new pages are made in more than one edit and much of the work we need to check is editing/vandalising existing Pages.
Criteria for what is considered a "new page" just because newer pages likely require more edits than ones that have been around a long time and have been edited multiple times. More edits, more completeness, essentially. The 'new' pages only go back 30 days though instead of 'new' pages being determined by the number of edits. Thats what I meant, doesnt matter though.

did you mean the most important tasks are: update and continually fact-check the notables? rather than add new articles?

• I don't know what our priorities should be, to be honest. Is it more important to add new things to keep it fresh, or more important to protect what we have?
  • Personally, I just check recent changes for vandalism, but of course some vandalism has slipped through.
  • I do think we need editors to put in new things. I feel that a lot has changed in my absence that I do not understand and our Wiki probably does not reflect things as they are. Why, for example, do my animation submissions show so few votes? Were we reset to zero at some point?

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-06-14 10:07:50

Thanks to the the "WTF- Where to?" gang over on their forum, I got the data I needed to do a crude update of the Redesign Page. It would be good if somebody took this Page on a a special project, so that people coming to Wikigrounds for answers can understand things as well as possible. Despite things like the History and newgrounds own wiki, we still get hundreds of people coming to us, so lets see if we can explain things in a useful way that goes beyond the information otherwise available.

Please, somebody else write something here; I hate writing things in here when I am already the Last Poster.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-07-12 17:34:57

At 6/14/19 10:07 AM, IceDragon64 wrote: Please, somebody else write something here; I hate writing things in here when I am already the Last Poster.

Hi, how are you doing! I just want to post here to say thanks for keeping the wiki project alive, I'd love to contribute but I'm not very good at wikis.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-07-12 19:51:58

Hi, how are you doing! I just want to post here to say thanks for keeping the wiki project alive, I'd love to contribute but I'm not very good at wikis.

------Oh Little-Rena, you could do it if you felt like it! I've been gone so long I have forgotten some of the basics myself. I have just dropped in and found that some earnest person has just created a STACK of pages that are harmless, but drivel. They are all tiny pages with no real information, about barely or not Notable submissions.

In the years that I have been gone, much has changed, including, to my horror, the vital statistic of Views- they all reset years ago, losing the evidence of Notability for many movies.

I have just written this person the following:

"I am sorry that you have done a lot of work creating pages that are mostly likely to be deleted. We are not looking to create lots and lots of small pages with little information on them; they serve no purpose. We are looking to create a smaller number of pages about the Notable things on Newgrounds that people are likely to come and want to find out about- especially Pages where we can tell people things that they cannot easily find out for themselves.

I have already deleted a few Pages where they are about definately non-notable things and have no real information. We will probably put Delete warnings on many more of the Pages you created- have a look through them and decide if there are any you really want to try and justify keeping and defend the Page. Since there are very few editors around to help you, you may well have to try and get any Pages you want to keep up to a worthwhile standard for yourself- Three paragraphs, including info that shows why the article is on a Notable subject; a few Catagories and a couple of pictures is a minimum.

For Notability, you need to understand that I have a couple of submissions that are in Collections and one with a Daily award, but I would Delete any article about them because they are NOT NOTABLE.

Sorry :( "

If you feel like looking at Recent Changes and putting a {{delete}}  template onto any page you see there with no merit, I would be grateful. I always prefer the deletion process to involve two people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-07-16 20:14:24

At 7/12/19 07:51 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:

It's partly because I don't know how to write in a non-bias way, I am not very objective. But also, maybe coming up with a new set of criteria for notability. There are plenty of ways to gain notice, I don't think awards and views should hold the most water, being a household name should work.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-07-16 20:43:49

At 7/16/19 08:14 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
It's partly because I don't know how to write in a non-bias way, I am not very objective. But also, maybe coming up with a new set of criteria for notability. There are plenty of ways to gain notice, I don't think awards and views should hold the most water, being a household name should work.

How would you define that?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-07-16 21:00:08

At 7/16/19 08:43 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:

There's the million dollar question!

There are users who just stick to the forums, and don't really go far out from that, they might also run one of the clubs within this very section, I'd say that might make them notable, depending on their contributions.

Artists who win, or place in multiple contests over time might be worth counting as well, even if they don't win an award on their artwork as such. I'm not too sure how the art portal works as such, same with the audio portal, those are both outside of my area really! Might want input from people who frequent those on what would make them notable.

Really, I'd say if you can write three meaningful paragraphs about someone, they are probably notable in someway. I stress meaningful, because anyone can waffle on about something without it having meaning.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-07-17 10:35:49

Another thought, do you want to make a list here of articles that need creating?

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-07-20 05:12:02

At 7/17/19 10:35 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Another thought, do you want to make a list here of articles that need creating?

OK- I have no idea what to put on it, but yes. Anybody???? Everybody ????

ARTICLES THAT NEED CREATING ON WIKIGROUNDS :

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2019-07-20 05:30:34

At 7/16/19 09:00 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 7/16/19 08:43 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
There's the million dollar question!

There are users who just stick to the forums, and don't really go far out from that, they might also run one of the clubs within this very section, I'd say that might make them notable, depending on their contributions.

Artists who win, or place in multiple contests over time might be worth counting as well, even if they don't win an award on their artwork as such. I'm not too sure how the art portal works as such, same with the audio portal, those are both outside of my area really! Might want input from people who frequent those on what would make them notable.

Really, I'd say if you can write three meaningful paragraphs about someone, they are probably notable in someway. I stress meaningful, because anyone can waffle on about something without it having meaning.

-----One of the reasons why the Views are considered so important on Wikigrounds is because of the ongoing illusion that people who post in the Forums have- The forums are a drop in the ocean of Newgrounds traffic and the main functions of what Newgrounds is and does.

As regards competitions, they are also generally very small compared to the volume of traffic and exposure of Awards. I have just won a writing competition here, then got placed the next month, but the views and Notability of the the Monthly Writing Competition is tiny. I am, in fact miles away from Notability and to the average visitor to Newgrounds I am invisible.

Obviously, since visitors to the Forums are generally Regulars and the site reiies on Regulars to run it, the Forums and what goes on there does have some Notability, but the reality is that hundreds of thousands of people visit Newgrounds, see a few things, maybe join and vote, maybe not and have no idea who xWayneColtx or Pimp are.

The biggest fashionable meme or arguments on the Forums don't begin to reach out beyond a few dozen people in the fourms unless someone submits an animation about it- such as Dick Neck, and even then it vanishes without trace in two days unless it FP's or something.

It might help if we knew more about who goes to Wiklgrounds and why they go, but even then, catering for who already goes might not be the wisest choice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2020-03-11 20:51:23 (edited 2020-03-11 20:52:06)

It might help if we knew more about who goes to Wiklgrounds and why they go, but even then, catering for who already goes might not be the wisest choice.

Perhaps a pop-up poll asking that question exactly would help us find out?

Also a suggestion; A Newgrounds calendar for special days, anniversaries, recurring collabs, and meetups?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2020-07-02 19:04:12

Hello, I'm back for my occasional catch-up and tidy up of Wikigrounds. I decided to add the popular series Sublo & Tangy Mustard, so I have made a basic Page for it. What would be nice would be to see some info that is interesting and NOT obvious from looking at Aaron-Long's page. Why do people come to Wikigrounds? What do they want to know?

Please drop by and help improve this one. Lets try and make a high-standard page, with good info, pix etc. Although we have an info box for movies, we don't have one for series; indeed we don't have a very clear format for series and the pages are not as good as the best movie pages.

Don't bother writing a Page for each episode unless we have something worth saying about it, but a brief summary of each episode could be on the series page. Likewise, if you have something interesting and appropriate to say about Aaron-Long, it could go on a paragraph here before we bother making a Page for him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2020-07-02 19:06:55

At 3/11/20 08:51 PM, Kehmicle wrote:

Also a suggestion; A Newgrounds calendar for special days, anniversaries, recurring collabs, and meetups?

~These are both very good ideas. I don't remember whehter I ever knew how to do either !

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2020-07-05 00:20:54

At 7/2/20 07:06 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:

~These are both very good ideas. I don't remember whehter I ever knew how to do either !

Ill. see what I can come up with.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2020-07-07 19:50:11

At 7/5/20 12:20 AM, Kehmicle wrote:
At 7/2/20 07:06 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:

Ill. see what I can come up with.

Looks like linking a strawpoll to the front page would get some answers, i guess wikia doesnt give us much control over the actual page.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2020-07-31 20:52:23

What control do you want? I don't know how to handle the Front Page- I haven't done it for years, but we can change the poll that is there for the one you describe- if you or anyone you know, know how to do that, please do.

Looks like linking a strawpoll to the front page would get some answers, i guess wikia doesnt give us much control over the actual page.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2020-12-09 00:05:26

Just finished the 666th page for that wiki. What a milestone!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-03-02 19:43:43

At 12/9/20 12:05 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: Just finished the 666th page for that wiki. What a milestone!

I dropped in for a quick look at New Pages. I'm SO out of all this now I hardly know what is going on at all on Newgrounds.

How does Judgement even work these days? When I was last active you didn't pass judgement until you had 200 votes- now things pass and never get 200 votes? !

Anybody care to update either ME or the relevent pages on Wikigrounds ?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-03-02 20:27:12

At 3/2/21 07:43 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
At 12/9/20 12:05 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: Just finished the 666th page for that wiki. What a milestone!
I dropped in for a quick look at New Pages. I'm SO out of all this now I hardly know what is going on at all on Newgrounds.

How does Judgement even work these days? When I was last active you didn't pass judgement until you had 200 votes- now things pass and never get 200 votes? !

Judgement now needs 45-70 votes to pass

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-03-26 10:41:13

I updated the April Fools Day page recently. If someone could take a look at it and see if it needs anything else or if there are any errors I'd really appreciate it.

The Portal Needs You! Vote on Under Judgment Movies and Games!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-04-04 18:26:28

At 3/2/21 08:27 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:

Err which? 45 or 70 ? Does anyone have a link to somewhere on the site that explains Judgment these days?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-04-07 01:02:24

At 4/4/21 06:26 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
At 3/2/21 08:27 PM, Anonymous-Frog wrote:

Err which? 45 or 70 ? Does anyone have a link to somewhere on the site that explains Judgment these days?

Most movies I see exiting Judgement now have around 70 votes rather than 200. It always depended on the vote score. If you get lots of votes on the extreme, less votes are needed, but as it approaches 2-3 stars, you may need more.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-04-08 09:29:16

You're doing the right thing. I could not live without wiki. It is a treasure trove of an archive that makes knowledge very simple. In fact... It makes things so simple to me before I can use the knowledge. I too feel I am not ready to work on a wiki.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-05-21 00:27:35

Don't mind me, just cleaning up some pages. A lot of them are just a single sentence. Way too short to even be stubs.

For example, as of May 21st, Ninjamuffin99's page is still a stub, despite now being the most followed user of all time.

iu_310413_8157415.png

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-05-31 08:35:07

I must apologize for my inactivity. I sort of dissapeared from my regular routines these past two years and buckled down to help run two family businesses back to back, both on the front lines. Now that things are relaxed and im temporarily self sustaining on crypto-miners, Im looking forward to coming back and helping out. I suppose I will log in and start combing the pages again? Any list to point me in the right direction again? thanks :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-07-05 10:59:30 (edited 2021-07-05 10:59:55)

https://newgrounds.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Characters_in_Newgrounds_Rumble

Noticed that this category existed, but I only found Convict on it. Added everyone else (except Nene, who doesn’t have her own page)

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-12-16 20:17:19

At 7/5/21 10:59 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: https://newgrounds.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Characters_in_Newgrounds_Rumble

Noticed that this category existed, but I only found Convict on it. Added everyone else (except Nene, who doesn’t have her own page)

By all means make Nene's Page ! Thanks :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-12-16 20:19:11

At 12/16/21 08:17 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
At 7/5/21 10:59 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: https://newgrounds.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Characters_in_Newgrounds_Rumble

By all means make Nene's Page ! Thanks :)

You serious?

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2021-12-16 20:19:55

At 5/31/21 08:35 AM, Kehmicle wrote: I must apologize for my inactivity. I sort of dissapeared from my regular routines these past two years and buckled down to help run two family businesses back to back, both on the front lines. Now that things are relaxed and im temporarily self sustaining on crypto-miners, Im looking forward to coming back and helping out. I suppose I will log in and start combing the pages again? Any list to point me in the right direction again? thanks :)

I go to Recent Changes and make my way back, looking at the vandalism and fake pages, but you might have other priorities.

BBS Signature