00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MLouise just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wikigrounds Club

57,183 Views | 379 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-15 18:34:14

At 9/14/10 09:19 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote: I guess I'll join. I'll be the lovable criticizer.
I like the idea of Wikigrounds, it's just a bit poorly executed. Most of the articles are very short and stubby.

Sure you can join. We need all the help we can get.
Also has anyone done anything about the new Icon Mod category? There are a bunch of new names that may need to be added to the list (e.g.TehSlapHappy).

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-16 23:14:40

At 9/16/10 11:07 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Why is there no article on me? I am disappoint.

Why don't you make one?

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-16 23:19:23

At 9/16/10 11:07 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Why is there no article on me? I am disappoint.

What contributions have you made?
We don't just make articles about every schmo who wanders the BBS; we chronicle the people and groups who have made a lasting impression on the site and in the community.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-18 11:46:19

Peoplez! We need more members! Anyone feel free to join and make accounts, don't be shy to edit things or make blog post, they're all welcomed.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-18 11:52:25

I'm kind of disappointed that I don't have a page...lot's of people know my name...

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-18 11:54:12

At 9/18/10 11:52 AM, MaraquanWocky wrote: I'm kind of disappointed that I don't have a page...lot's of people know my name...

Join the wiki and make your own page dude.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-20 19:08:59

At 9/16/10 11:14 PM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote:
At 9/16/10 11:07 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: Why is there no article on me? I am disappointed.
Why don't you make one?

Because he isn't Notable enough to last a day on Wikigrounds. No flash, no special art or high ranking audio- why would we want a Page from this particular User. He is working hard on making it though, so one day, maybe!

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-20 19:18:22

At 9/18/10 11:52 AM, MaraquanWocky wrote: I'm kind of disappointed that I don't have a page...lot's of people know my name...

You are welcome to join and create a Userpage for yourself, but I just checked your Profile on NG- why would you think someone would make a Page about you- are you in some way Notable and special like Tom Fulp, the creator of Newgrounds, or OrangeClock, who started a crew of hundreds of people? If I have missed something Notable about you, then do PM me. If you are Notable by our criteria, I promise you I will write the page myself.

Newgrounds is first and foremost about Flash Animation, so if you just keep working with Flash, one day you will get a Weekly First or a Flash with over 1/2 million views- then you will be Notable.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-25 11:49:23

The thread seems kind of slow, we can always use more members.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-25 19:05:07

I just wanted to mention that I have (temporarily) taken on the task of refurbishing some old pages. I fixed up the page on the Star Syndicate and added info regarding the 2008 4chan Fandango virus fiasco.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-26 14:41:30

Guys! We need help!
The Features month is about to end and I feel like we are missing a lot of important info on a lot of things.
Like we don't have a page for the whistle, I'm writing this as I'm making one, so check out after I finish it.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-26 19:38:32

At 9/26/10 02:41 PM, Spaintendo wrote: Guys! We need help!
The Features month is about to end and I feel like we are missing a lot of important info on a lot of things.
Like we don't have a page for the whistle, I'm writing this as I'm making one, so check out after I finish it.

Dude, I never realized you only had one forum post! That's insane.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-27 20:49:18

At 9/26/10 07:38 PM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote:
At 9/26/10 02:41 PM, Spaintendo wrote: Guys! We need help!
Dude, I never realized you only had one forum post! That's insane.

Well, now, hardly insane. I gave him a list of things to do and he is quietly doing it, as usual. Spain' may not be as high up as Salnax and I but his contribution in 2010 cannot be ignored- he contributes to every monthly theme and whenever a new project is started he has a go. He earned his Admin position in record time by putting in a staggering ammount of work within weeks of joining us and boosted the wiki massively.

Talking of the Theme, Spain' is right- we are looking lame in the Features department. We need to TROUNCE the FAQ in information which should be EASY. Guys, just read the FAQ and write pages about everything in it. We can write much more up-to-date pages than Newgrounds FAQ with links, pix and MUCH more info.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-27 21:09:23

Wikigrounds Stats- Great News

We have just broken through to over 400 Pagestoday. A lot of the recent pages are only small stubs, but they are OK, Notable subjects, so we are well on our way.

Discounting those few who have registered without editing anything (?) we now have 247 registered users.

Our number of visitors has jumped up massively in late September, so we have broken our record and got 303 visits in a week.

Thanks to everyone in the team for your support.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-27 21:52:35

At 9/27/10 09:09 PM, IceDragon64 wrote: Wikigrounds Stats- Great News

We have just broken through to over 400 Pagestoday. A lot of the recent pages are only small stubs, but they are OK, Notable subjects, so we are well on our way.

Discounting those few who have registered without editing anything (?) we now have 247 registered users.

Our number of visitors has jumped up massively in late September, so we have broken our record and got 303 visits in a week.

Thanks to everyone in the team for your support.

Ice, I love you, but you have no idea how to read Quantcast. You were reading the daily visits. Our record is 303 visits on September 26 ALONE, and about 1,500 visits during the week of September 12. For the record, it looks like we've had about 5,400 visits over the past month.

Kind of like being pleased to discover a nickel only to discover that it's a quarter, eh?

In other news, OMFG!!!!! 400 ARTICLES!!!1!!! This time last year, we only had about 150.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-28 03:55:59

Hello gentlemen, I'm Tails, head of the NGPD, and I'd like to request permission to edit the page regarding the Newgrounds Police Dept. I feel that I am capable of making substantial additions to the article and correct several aspects that I believe do not accurately describe the crew.

Of course, I plan to maintain a high degree of strict objectivity so that all who reference the page can expect to receive the straight facts. I also have some trivia that many NG'ers might find very interesting.

To whom this concerns, I await your reply.
*salute*

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-28 08:36:45

At 9/28/10 03:55 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Hello gentlemen, I'm Tails, head of the NGPD, and I'd like to request permission to edit the page regarding the Newgrounds Police Dept. I feel that I am capable of making substantial additions to the article and correct several aspects that I believe do not accurately describe the crew.

Of course, I plan to maintain a high degree of strict objectivity so that all who reference the page can expect to receive the straight facts. I also have some trivia that many NG'ers might find very interesting.

To whom this concerns, I await your reply.
*salute*

Go right ahead! I look forward to your input. None of the present team have been significantly involved in that page and none of us know that much about BBS clubs. You could make your Page on Wikigrounds the example page that other BBS clubs could follow, with a template for BBS clubs, if you wish. If we are not sure about what you write, we can soon talk to you anyway. Do join, though, so we know who it is that is doing which edits.

Also, we would be very grateful of you consider what makes a BBS club Notable, so we can write a definition of Notability for the creation of Pages. I know little about BBS clubs, but I assume there are an awful lot of them and most don't have any impact on the site outside the BBS itself, which is a small part of Newgrounds. Write your thoughts on the subject in a Blog on Wikigrounds or here in the Thread.
It will be great to have a well-respected person from the BBS clubs on board.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-28 10:54:39

No one really needs permission to edit something, it doesn't matter if you get something wrong because someone else will correct it.
I'm pleased that you want to help the Wiki by adding to "your" article, and I'm calling every poeple with an article to put something about themselves.
A lot of stubs are about authors and mods we don't know much about, so I CALL THESE PEOPLE TO ADD A LITTLE BIT OF INFO TO THE WIKI!!

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-28 20:31:33

Guys, I started a page about the Elite Guard Barracks, but I'm feeling kind of out of it, I might come back to it later but I would appreciate some assistance.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-28 20:40:19

For the time being, I consider this the complete article for the NGPD. I honestly feel like I could add more, but right now I can't be arsed to do much. It'll suffice for now. Hope yall like what you see.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-09-30 12:23:25

Right now we have 118 stubs. They are 118 too many.
The majority of the stubs are about users: admins, mods, authors...
We would like that people could add a bit of info on them, info that is not on their user pages.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-02 00:55:14

I was thinking about including Flash Games in these categories:

Action
Adventure
Gadgets
Puzzles
Rhythm
Simulations
Skills
Sports
Strategy

Any Objections?

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-02 01:07:35

At 9/30/10 12:23 PM, Spaintendo wrote: Right now we have 118 stubs. They are 118 too many.
We would like that people could add a bit of info on them, info that is not on their user pages.

Definitely. I considered soliciting the articles' subjects for info via PMs a while back, but I've been hesitant to do so. Should I go ahead and ask around?

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-02 07:15:30

At 10/2/10 12:55 AM, Salnax wrote: I was thinking about including Flash Games in these categories:

Action
Adventure
Gadgets
Puzzles
Rhythm
Simulations
Skills
Sports
Strategy

Any Objections?

Those are the most basic ones, we can add more specific ones like puzzle platformer, shooter...

At 10/2/10 01:07 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
At 9/30/10 12:23 PM, Spaintendo wrote: Right now we have 118 stubs. They are 118 too many.
Definitely. I considered soliciting the articles' subjects for info via PMs a while back, but I've been hesitant to do so. Should I go ahead and ask around?

Well of course. If you don't want to ask some other people will (like me)

And we need to choose the Monthly winner and the next theme

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-02 23:33:49

Hey guys, just thought I would give a heads up that I won't be doing anything too major for about a week. I'm a bit upset about something right now and it's occupying my mind at the moment. If anyone needs something specific of me, just PM me and I'll get to work on it.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-08 00:04:10

After glancing at the wiki for a little bit, I had an idea. Why don't we PM everyone with a stub for a page dedicated to them on the wiki so they can add more to it themselves? This would solve some of the stub problem and would increase the probability of accurate information being present on their pages.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-08 01:17:46

At 10/8/10 12:04 AM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote: After glancing at the wiki for a little bit, I had an idea. Why don't we PM everyone with a stub for a page dedicated to them on the wiki so they can add more to it themselves? This would solve some of the stub problem and would increase the probability of accurate information being present on their pages.

Great idea. I thought of that a long time ago, but I feared that it would just draw too much negative attention.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-08 13:33:58

At 10/8/10 01:17 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: Great idea. I thought of that a long time ago, but I feared that it would just draw too much negative attention.

I think everyone thought of that idea. I PM'd two people already.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-11 19:16:38

Wikia just got a makeover, and that means Wikigrounds ended up with a new, confusing, generic appearance. Come have a look. It could be worse, but this means that we're going to spend the next month running around trying to figure out how it all works now. I threw up a background with the NG tank, made the links blue instead of black, etc, but I think we might need to poke around a bit.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-11 19:40:12

Dammit, the more I look at this, the more I get pissed! What kind of stupid person designed this.

In all seriousness, I'll probably end up loving this design, but here are a few things that bug me.

The Wikigrounds Club