00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wikigrounds Club

57,177 Views | 379 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-12 21:32:14

Okay... I need to know...

Is Wikigrounds REALLY weird right now, or is it just me?

The Wikigrounds Club

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-13 15:14:30

I still have the old look. I didn't like the new one so I changed it in my preferences.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-13 19:41:22

At 10/13/10 03:14 PM, Spaintendo wrote: I still have the old look. I didn't like the new one so I changed it in my preferences.

Unfortunately, that will not remain an option for long. Here is Wikia's schedule. The option to use the old style will be gone by November 3. And from the looks of it, a LOT of wikis are unhappy about this. The Dragon Ball wiki is considering moving. The Grand Theft Auto wiki has already declared independence. The Super Smash Bros wiki has joined the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance. Our distant cousins, the Madness wiki is moving, just after they managed to get a spotlight nonetheless. All in all, these look like interesting times.

On an unrelated note, I've noticed that a spotlight isn't that hard to get. This 20 page wiki got one.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-14 13:09:47

We will see how all this crap of a look ends. If it gets better after November 3rd, we may stay at Wikia.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-14 17:48:01

At 10/14/10 01:09 PM, Spaintendo wrote: We will see how all this crap of a look ends. If it gets better after November 3rd, we may stay at Wikia.

It's working perfectly fine for me.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-14 18:37:12

At 10/14/10 05:48 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 10/14/10 01:09 PM, Spaintendo wrote: We will see how all this crap of a look ends. If it gets better after November 3rd, we may stay at Wikia.
It's working perfectly fine for me.

It functions perfectly fine, I just think that it's a step down from what we had a week ago.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-15 20:36:38

At 10/8/10 01:33 PM, Spaintendo wrote:
At 10/8/10 01:17 AM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote: Great idea. I thought of that a long time ago, but I feared that it would just draw too much negative attention.
I think everyone thought of that idea. I PM'd two people already.

Spaintendo got positive replies from each person and I used the data to improve and destub their articles. Contact Spaintendo if you want to join this project- we don't want to pester the same people twice! We could use it to make pages for the new mods.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-16 02:31:00

Level 46, Evil, is messed up. And I don't know how too fix it.

http://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/Altr

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-16 04:02:26

At 10/16/10 02:31 AM, Jolly wrote: Level 46, Evil, is messed up. And I don't know how too fix it.

http://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/Altr

And Level 8, Fab.
http://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/TMM43

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-25 18:13:00

How about I join. Every time I visit Wikigrounds, I'm disappointed by the short articles, hopefully I can lengthen some.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-25 20:29:21

At 10/25/10 06:13 PM, thenewbies wrote: How about I join. Every time I visit Wikigrounds, I'm disappointed by the short articles, hopefully I can lengthen some.

AH! Just what we need next month. We are planning to go back to Destubbing articles- that is, to take all articles which are in the Category of Stubs and make them into standard, OK articles. By our definition, this means:
1. At least 8 sentances of information in total
2. At least three sections
3. The relevent info box, if there is one
4. At least one relevent picture
5. At least one link
6. At least one Category

I see that you have joined and made a small start. If you join us and expand these Stubs, you could stand a chance of winning Editor of the Month, in your first full month (as well as winning a bundle of Badges on the way and making it to the TOP TEN on the Wikigrounds Leaderboard).

The specific purpose of Destubbing is that it is a requirement of Wikia's that we have below a certain percentage of stubs in order to request a Promotion by Wikia, which we are aiming for.

I gather from your thread that you are also concerned about the red spaces for the lower mods. This is not a priority, since we do not want to create a whole load of Pages with little info and make the situation you described above worse. As you have also seen, the question of whether these people will receive pages is in some doubt anyway. We certainly don't want to struggle to put together full-sized pages on people we largely know little about anyway, only to end up deleting them.

I would be very pleased if you or anyone wanted to really go for Destubbing, and we will produce a set of links etc. when we are ready. I think competition could be stiff for this one- only a dedicated Destubber is going to win the Monthly and I have Destubbed more Pages than you have had hot dinners

HOWEVER- Please do assist us in Categories for this last few days of Spaintendo's pet project of Categorising every page in every way we can. Spaintendo plans to have links to a set of Super Categories taking the user to sections of the site, which then break down to sub-categories.

CATEGORISE CATEGORISE CATEGORISE !!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-30 07:09:31

Tomorrow I will put the main buttons in the main page and thus starting the new version of the category trees.
What will be the new monthly theme?

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-31 16:45:06

At 10/30/10 07:09 AM, Spaintendo wrote: Tomorrow I will put the main buttons in the main page and thus starting the new version of the category trees.

Probably stub expansion. That was going to be October's theme, but we hijacked the month for categorization.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-10-31 21:20:58

At 10/30/10 07:09 AM, Spaintendo wrote: Tomorrow I will put the main buttons in the main page and thus starting the new version of the category trees.

New Theme!
Take a look in the post just above yours and you will see not only what the theme is, but my definition of its details!

Just go to THISpage and see 109 pages which are currently Stubs, add whatever is missing to the above definition of an OK page and move on. In sopme cases it is very quick and easy.

Winner of Categories Theme- Spaintendo !!!!
Whilst a number of people added cats, Spaintendo sorted them all out to a plan he created and added LOADS of cats in a Spainblitz recently. We now have Main Categories on the Front Page, like some other wiki's do.

421 Pages
Can we make 500 good Pages by the end of this year? We don't want a load more stubs please. People complain that there are too many short pages already.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-11-09 16:11:14

We are now under 100 stubs. Considering how there is an average of a new article every day or two, this decrease is more impressive than it looks. If we could actually keep this number stable while increasing the total number of articles, I for one would consider this month a success.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-11-13 20:28:34

At 11/9/10 04:11 PM, Salnax wrote: We are now under 100 stubs. Considering how there is an average of a new article every day or two, this decrease is more impressive than it looks. If we could actually keep this number stable while increasing the total number of articles, I for one would consider this month a success.

I understand where you are coming from, but no, we need to do better than that. If we can only stay where we are in Stubs month, where will we go in other months? What happens when we have a month that makes people make a lot of stubs? I reckon that between us, you and I can more than keep pace this month, but WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE?

Where are all those Users who boasted about how much they were going to do on Wikigrounds "I'm gonna make the Top Five Editors". "I'm gonna help cos these pages are too short" "I think there are too many stubs" Sounds familiar? Get in there, grab a few pages and DESTUB them.

One pic, eight lines, three sections, a Cat and a link really isn't that much to ask for a page.

Let's see a NEW NAME on the Monthly Winners List - I will do 20 by the end of the month- can you beat me?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-11-19 18:21:30

Now under 80 Stubs.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-11-21 21:36:41

And now we're under 65. Let's get under 40 this month.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-11-22 10:22:02

Zup guys, just figured I would check in and tell you that I'll be editing again soon. After losing my streak of almost 2 months on day 59 I got a bit discouraged, but I'm getting right back to it.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-11-22 20:17:11

At 11/22/10 10:22 AM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote: Zup guys, just figured I would check in and tell you that I'll be editing again soon. After losing my streak of almost 2 months on day 59 I got a bit discouraged, but I'm getting right back to it.

Thanks. Me and Ice have been carrying the month. A lot of people seemed to have stopped editing at once.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-11-23 14:37:53

At 11/22/10 08:17 PM, Salnax wrote:
At 11/22/10 10:22 AM, ChainsawNinjaZX wrote: Zup guys, just figured I would check in and tell you that I'll be editing again soon. After losing my streak of almost 2 months on day 59 I got a bit discouraged, but I'm getting right back to it.

59!!! Ouch that's gotta hurt! I thought I was bad at about 40, - I spent the day with my girlfriend, so it was worth it. Get back on the treadmill and stop wingeing, man- we need you to blast your way through a great wall of Stubs.

Thanks. Me and Ice have been carrying the month. A lot of people seemed to have stopped editing at once.

Oh, so true. My Lisa said its probably because everyone's got all the easy medals. I guess looking at my & Chain's experience, she has a point. They just don't get how wonderful it feels to be on the Monthly Theme winner list, how satisfying and cool and smug and generally delightful...

...oh, well.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-11-23 20:37:42

51 stubs to go- I have finished my trawl of the Stubs list and I don't intend to do any more. I have done about 40 destubs and my brain aches. I have also done other Stubs work - contacting people etc. and I've had enough.

Almost all the pages left are people- users, mostly mods. We must be able to make it down to 40. I'm tired- its 1: 40 am here. Goodnight!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-12-04 18:46:11

Time to step back

For the forseeable future I will only be proofreading other editors work. I feel I have been carrying the wiki for a long time and not getting other stuff done. Tyler is doing his best at the moment and he needs help. He is going to choose this month's theme and take it from there. If any of you out there are Wikigrounds admin, now is a good time to drop by. In fact, if any of you want a crack at Monthly Theme winner for December- I'm not in it, so its might be easily up for grabs.
Tyler is going to jump into 5th place any day now, so any of you that have sat back for a bit, better grab a badge or too if you want to keep your place.

Tired now- bath, then bed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-12-11 13:22:23

On the list of Former Moderators, it talks about HuLk being an ex-mod and him having no past history.. That's probably because it's Huik (with an i, not an L).

I'm not very good at editing articles to include useful information about something, so I'll leave it to one of you.
http://newgrounds.wikia.com/wiki/List_of _Former_Newgrounds_Moderators

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-12-14 07:46:33

Minimum

OK, so I am only doing the minimum, responding to what happens on WikiG and doing my bit as Admin.

Where is everyone else?

We have Tyler, who is doing little bits and pieces; we have the odd unreg. correcting their own pages, mostly... AND? Salnax has given notice and is on a break- no problem.

Where IS everybody else?

So far NO-ONE has responded to the call to make 2 pix on every page AT ALL- not even Tyler, who chose the subject!

At this rate someone could win Monthly theme winner on a single pic! Go on- any advance on NO pix?

Spain? Chain? Fire? Hibiscus? Incdis? Milinko? ANYONE?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-12-18 19:34:42

Awesome Stats!

Wikigrounds is there for people to use. If people use it, thats great! Our survey shows that well over half the people that go there find at least some of the answers they are looking for- not bad for an amateur creation run by a handful of people.

But what is exciting me today is that more and more people are coming- all the months of work by people to improve and promote the wiki is paying off- around 6 thousand a month now and rising every month! See for yourselves:

The Wikigrounds Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-12-30 10:42:02

And now that I'm back, let's bring this back to life!
I'm sorry I took a sabbatical month without warning, but now I'm back and I did some work on the recategorization.
And maybe I'll try to get a few last-minute pictures before the new year.
Now the only ones left are Salnax, IncDis, Fire and everyone who wants to contribute.

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2010-12-31 21:35:42

At 12/30/10 02:25 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Spaintendo how could you forget me, is all that work I did for the wiki that unnoticable? Or are you just to stubborn to point out that I was there?

No, no, silly, he isn't listing who HAS been on recently, my name isn't on the list, is it? He is listing the key people who HAVEN'T been seen on the wiki for a while. Your presence HAS been noted in the highest places on the site- you had the message from Salnax didn't you? Give me a day or two to sort myself out and I will return to do the Monthly Changes.

Has anyone any objection to continuing the pictures project- December was a very quiet month and we made little progress with our target of getting 2 pix onto every page.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2011-01-02 20:42:16

Tyler 2513 wins Monthly Theme competition ! Despite struggling to upload pix, Tyler made a start on our big project - to have 2 pix on every page. In the process of working on his Categorising project our Pix man Spaintendo also contributed, but we have a long way to go.

So we will continue with 2PIX through January- Lets hope you lot wake up and do some work, there are a LOT of pages with just one pic.

PIX PIX PIX !!!

We missed putting in the Monthly Question into WI/HT and we haven't changed the Featured Article in a while- I suppose that shows how much we depend on Salnax and I to do these things.

If the admins will come back and help us to check Recent Changes, I have a number of interesting pages I would like to write, but with 6K visits per month and over 450 pages I have a lot to look after at the moment.

C'mon guys - where are you? Get in touch, Admins !

BBS Signature

Response to The Wikigrounds Club 2011-01-15 19:02:12

Here is my challenge:

I have done 10 pages adding a second Pic to Pages with only one pic this month, plus to help you guys I have created a category for Pages with 1 pic- c'mon, somebody beat me !

Also, Tyler is looking at Red broken Links on our Pages- what do we do with them? Do we really create pages for every red link? Does it matter if an editor thinks we should have a Page and makes the internal link to that Page but doesn't make the page, or do we just link it to somewhere else? Tell us your thoughts

BBS Signature