00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mitchelf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,348 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-14 20:31:13

So this coming Saturday, i'm gonna take a drive down to Sevilla. It's probably about 500kms away, i'll just go at a steady pace, so I estimate 5 hours or so driving. The longest journey I've done in my little car. Mind you, i've had it for over a year now, and i do atleast 2000kms a month, and I've not had one problem with it yet :D

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2009-12-16 17:47:07

At 12/14/09 12:20 PM, NEVR wrote:
I really wish I had a car right now... any car that doesn't break down all the time and keeps the cold out. Walking around in the freezing cold weather isn't ideal for someone who is built for comfort like I am ;P

You have an American car?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-01-29 22:05:05

i own a modified 2003 Jeep Tj Rocky Mountain editon with 33 inch Micky Tompson tires 5 (i think)inch Sky Jacker Lift Kit and Micky tompson tires and a snorkol and a warn winch and a light bar it is a nice jeep and im not one of those guys that are afraid to ruin my jeep off roading

Gamertag: Meanblackcobra

asdfghk wuz here TAKE THAT SOCIETY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-03-10 07:22:57

Wow, I haven't been here in a loooong time.... Anyone even remember me? lol.

Well to catch everyone up, I got my first car... 1999 Subaru Impreza RX (pic below) a few months ago.

Overall, it's an awesome car. All-wheel drive is sweet, especially since my area has those long-ass curves along the roads. And unless I'm driving in the wet, the handling is amazing. The acceleration is fairly quick, for a 2L 4-cylinder, but regardless, I have nothing bad to say against Subaru's BOXOR engines.

opinions?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-03-15 09:38:06

HERRO :3

New F1 season kicked off yesterday in Bahrain. Mr.Eyebrows won it with Massa 2nd and Hamilton 3rd. Schumacher came 6th but we're yet to see him at his best. Button came about 8th, seems it'll take a bit for him to settle.

Vettel nearly had it in the bag but an exhaust failed and he ended up 4th, how unlucky. I think Lotus managed to finish somewhere in the bottom, which is great for them. Remember that they have a budget of £40M whereas Ferrari have a budget of about £300M.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-03-27 03:06:14

Can I join? My favorite car is a 1965 Shelby Cobra. I currently drive a 2003 Hyundai Sonata.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-03-27 08:30:06

At 3/27/10 03:06 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Can I join? My favorite car is a 1965 Shelby Cobra. I currently drive a 2003 Hyundai Sonata.

Sure, anyone's free to join. I love the Cobra too. Have you seen the first Bad Boys movie? There's a short car chase in that with that car :D

Also, i'm thinking of buying a new car in a few months. I'm looking for something like a Honda Prelude, nissan 200sx or something similar. Whatever i can find decent and quite cheap really,

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-05-06 05:24:05

Hey Motorheads,

I was just finally coming back to the club to ask a question. I currently drive a Holden Commodore VP, Google it if you must. Its a fairly nice car, and has some serious grunt. Although, I'm looking for a swap to a more 'tuner' style car. Any ideas of cars or brands I should look into more?

I dont have too much to pay, so cars from the 90's are better for me. Considering my budget is in the thousands. I want it to have potential to be modified and look brilliant (With simple mods, rims, springs, etc). But I also want a car that is pretty luxurious and so on. For example.

- Earlier Skylines.
- Impreza (Although out of price range)
- Lancer.

You get the point? Let me know your opinions. I'm Australian too, which means most cars you guys have, I will too. Except for some makes of cars aren't here. Such as Acura? I believe. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-05-06 09:50:10

You might be best off with an older Nissan. A friend of mine just bough a 91 300zx and we've already overhauled the engine and it seems to be a good car for someone who is an amateur when it comes to working on cars. So far we have been able to do everything ourselves and once we start working on the body, it has a ton of potential and will look amazing.

Also, I wouldn't mind joining. I love cars and with school being out I should have more time to spend here on NG.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-07-11 19:55:29

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-07-11 20:09:21

Tonights Top Gear was good, that Maserati made me cream myself more than once :3

YES I'AM BACK

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-09-21 17:30:32

So, yeah, brought a new car. Comment and stuff. I'll post some pics here later.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-09-24 08:47:08

At 9/21/10 05:30 PM, Life-Stream wrote: So, yeah, brought a new car. Comment and stuff. I'll post some pics here later.

Wow man, ressurecting this from the grave huh? Nice Eclipse. I almost bought one before my Z. I don't know about the 20" wheels on it though.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-16 12:04:41

My car has a hole in the muffler.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-16 13:12:40

Well, after one large bill for my 2000 Ibiza, I've decided to go after an upgraded model. Trawling around garages the past week or so, we bit the bullet and so a friend (mechanic) and I travelled around the area and happened upon this little beauty:

Ford Focus 2007 (07 Plate) 1.8 TDCi; 78,000 Miles; Service history; low spec, but very tidy looking. They want £5k for it, which is a little over my budget of £3k, plus my old car. I think that I might be able to offer them a little less, as it's been sitting on the forecourt for a while. It needs a new cam belt at 80,000 miles, so factor that into it and we might be getting closer to terms here.

I'd love to be able to get a car that costs me £90 - £125 per year to tax, as opposed to this one, which is £205 for the year. Insurance costs would be similar to the current car and I think I could stretch to that, but I don't want to go in over the odds.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-16 13:20:10

FYI, in the next series of Top Gear the lads take on the Australian version of the show.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-17 09:22:51

At 10/16/10 01:12 PM, Coop83 wrote: I'd love to be able to get a car that costs me £90 - £125 per year to tax, as opposed to this one, which is £205 for the year. Insurance costs would be similar to the current car and I think I could stretch to that, but I don't want to go in over the odds.

If you're concerned about costs, why not go for a smaller car? They tend to be cheaper all round, and unless you actually need the extra space for something, I don't see why you should be paying for it. £3000 (and your old car) for a used supermini would likely go a surprisingly long way. Hell, some of them can actually out-pace cars like the Focus while still somehow being cheaper to insure. o_0

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-17 10:09:49

At 9/24/10 08:47 AM, TheFaces wrote: Wow man, ressurecting this from the grave huh? Nice Eclipse. I almost bought one before my Z. I don't know about the 20" wheels on it though.

Thanks dude, i thought it was quite a steal at the price it was up for sale (In Spain atleast. Cars tend to be a bit more expensive here than other countries like England for example), with all the money the guy had put into it.
The 20's were already on it, and to be honest, they're not the type of wheels i'd buy, i prefer different kind of wheels myself, but they don't look to bad actually.

Another pic.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-17 13:13:25

At 9/21/10 05:30 PM, Life-Stream wrote: So, yeah, brought a new car. Comment and stuff. I'll post some pics here later.

Wow, nice. got anything planned for it?

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-17 14:13:09

At 10/17/10 01:13 PM, Quinny wrote: Wow, nice. got anything planned for it?

Well, i spent most of my money on the car itself, so I won't do much to it for a while, but when i save some money up I might do a few things. I don't want to go too far with it though. Maybe a nice simple body kit - I quite like the look of this front bumper. And maybe one day, a re-spray - maybe black. And i'd love to get some stylish bucket seats.
But other than that, just little things really, like change the indicator side lights cover to white and stuff.

As for engine wise, I don't think i'll mod anything really. Maybe just put a decent air filter on it - 150hp is enough really. I like fast cars as much as the next guy, but you can't really speed around anyway - besides, going too fast you're just risking yours and other peoples lives :/

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-17 23:44:17

Just be careful not to put too much into the car and save some money aside for when it has problems. I made the mistake of getting some parts for my 99 Passat when I had it and, when a serious problem came up, I didn't have the money to fix it...

As for me, I traded my baby in for a lease out of desperation.
God I miss my VW.

Here's what I got for my lease. Sure it looks good, but that's about it. Do you know what the hp is for this?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-18 15:23:31

At 10/17/10 11:44 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Just be careful not to put too much into the car and save some money aside for when it has problems. I made the mistake of getting some parts for my 99 Passat when I had it and, when a serious problem came up, I didn't have the money to fix it...

Yeah. Good point. I always like to have a little stash to fall back on if something goes wrong. I still have my old little car for now too though, so i'd have back up transport if something did happen.

God I miss my VW.
Here's what I got for my lease. Sure it looks good, but that's about it. Do you know what the hp is for this?

How much did it cost you? It looks like a nice car, probably got loads of modern gadgets and what not. But why didn't you get something awesome like......a Supra maybe?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-18 18:07:57

At 10/18/10 03:23 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 10/17/10 11:44 PM, SupraAddict wrote: Just be careful not to put too much into the car and save some money aside for when it has problems. I made the mistake of getting some parts for my 99 Passat when I had it and, when a serious problem came up, I didn't have the money to fix it...
Yeah. Good point. I always like to have a little stash to fall back on if something goes wrong. I still have my old little car for now too though, so i'd have back up transport if something did happen.

That's good to know. Hey, you could even sell it to get some more money for your newer car.

God I miss my VW.
How much did it cost you? It looks like a nice car, probably got loads of modern gadgets and what not. But why didn't you get something awesome like......a Supra maybe?

Haha I wish. For one, there aren't any Supras around Vermont let alone ones for sale. Another one was that my parents forced me into it by doing a double deal (I was 17 at the time so I couldn't browse my options a little more), and I literally had to pick a Corolla in 30 minutes otherwise I would have been late for work. The worst part was when the technician came into my work for my VW's keys.
God I miss my baby.
Here's a pic of her the day I brought her home for the first time.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-18 18:34:23

At 10/18/10 06:07 PM, SupraAddict wrote: That's good to know. Hey, you could even sell it to get some more money for your newer car.

Haha, nah, no chance of that. It's worthless. It's old, battered, ugly, loud. I think if I was to sell it, i'd only get a few hundred euros. The only good thing about it, being a 1.5 diesel, is that it does amazing mileage.
I think I'll just end up giving it to someone soon.

Haha I wish. For one, there aren't any Supras around Vermont let alone ones for sale.

Sure you could be able to find one online. You might have to drive a bit to get it, but when you love a car that much, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I was ready to travel pretty much anywhere in Spain to get a decent car - but i just got real lucky, in that the guy selling the eclipse I found online only lived half an hour from me.

Here's a pic of her the day I brought her home for the first time.

Looks like a middle aged business mans kindof car :P
To be honest, i think your current car looks alot nicer.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-10-27 22:42:54

Heyy peeps. if u dont mind im going to be joining this group now. =D
and gawd i want an eclipse so bad D=

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-11-02 22:21:18

At 10/27/10 10:42 PM, BrandenPosts wrote: Heyy peeps. if u dont mind im going to be joining this group now. =D
and gawd i want an eclipse so bad D=

Happy Birthday

[url=newgrounds.com]Will this work?[/url]

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-11-17 03:34:24

Hey all,

Been on this site a while but never actually saw these clubs. Not sure if I am allowed to post straight up like this but here is a link to my car which I sold recently :<

The reasoning behind my artist name "BeefourMusic"

My 2001 Subaru Liberty B4 (Highly modified): Enjoy....

BeefourMusic's B4 Liberty Photoshoot!

- BeefourMusic -

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2010-11-17 08:07:32

At 11/17/10 03:34 AM, SUB4RU wrote: Hey all,
Been on this site a while but never actually saw these clubs. Not sure if I am allowed to post straight up like this but here is a link to my car which I sold recently :<

Holy shit dude, why'd you sell that awesome scooby!? Looks very slick and beautiful interior.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2011-05-06 01:54:16

At 11/17/10 08:07 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 11/17/10 03:34 AM, SUB4RU wrote: Hey all,
Holy shit dude, why'd you sell that awesome scooby!? Looks very slick and beautiful interior.

It was time to put a deposit down on a house.... It's ok, I have since bought a 2007 STI Liberty that is slowly getting the goods put back onto it :)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2011-05-06 05:50:59

At 5/6/11 01:54 AM, SUB4RU wrote: It was time to put a deposit down on a house.... It's ok, I have since bought a 2007 STI Liberty that is slowly getting the goods put back onto it :)

LMAO, bit of a slow response there. I wish I'd stop neglecting this place.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature